Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Remove Aim assist from CE

OP Riahisama

How is a PC player suppose to experience the original experience when you have console kids with aim assist? Yeah there is aim assist in CE too, I have tested it myself, aim assist has no place on PC.
Riahisama wrote:
How is a PC player suppose to experience the original experience when you have console kids with aim assist? Yeah there is aim assist in CE too, I have tested it myself, aim assist has no place on PC.
Umm, the "original" experience was Xbox.. Xbox used controllers, not KBM.. controllers have and will always have aim assist.
TwigzieTTV wrote:
Riahisama wrote:
Umm, the "original" experience was Xbox.. Xbox used controllers, not KBM.. controllers have and will always have aim assist.
Dude, Halo CE was the first Halo PC experience
umm,

Xbox: November 15, 2001
PC: September 30, 2003

If you can tell me how september 30, 2003 came before november 15, 2001 ill take your 'dude' quote seriously..
TwigzieTTV wrote:
umm,

Xbox: November 15, 2001
PC: September 30, 2003

If you can tell me how september 30, 2003 came before november 15, 2001 ill take your 'dude' quote seriously..
What part of "PC experience" you don't understand? I'm not talking about console, stay on topic
Gearbox port was the only one with functioning online play. This guy's "dude quota" is totally in check. Regardless of timeframe.

CEA PC (online) has every right to play *exactly* as it does with the Gearbox in regards to aim assist. This is valid.
@OP Don't bother, there was a thread with almost 2000 posts debating the AA in Reach. That got shut down after it just turned into exactly what your posting "console kiddies vs me the KB/M elite." While I, and what i would like to believe is the majority of the community, do believe something needs to be done about Halo AA in a PC environment, this is not the way to go about it.
How strong is the controller aim assist in CE? If it's the OG Xbox aim assist, then I can accept that. The Reach auto aim and magnetism was ridiculous.
On the subject of Magnetism, has it always been extremely difficult to lead shots on the Shade Turret (I literally uninstalled CE 2003 last night for comparison rip) ? It's also noticeable that when I attempt to lead shots using the Plasma Pistol / Rifle, that can goof up as well.

It basically magnetizes to the target's location, making me miss all shots because it negates the lead I put.
On the subject of Magnetism, has it always been extremely difficult to lead shots on the Shade Turret (I literally uninstalled CE 2003 last night for comparison rip) ? It's also noticeable that when I attempt to lead shots using the Plasma Pistol / Rifle, that can goof up as well.

It basically magnetizes to the target's location, making me miss all shots because it negates the lead I put.
This as well.

I remember on OG, Plasma Pistol was far more reliable then it is currently, since the plasma spam was consistently going where you wanted it to. Now it *strongly* tries to lead itself to wherever it detects a hitbox. This is fine for the overcharge bolt, since it actually tracks itself midflight. But for basic fire... yeah no. Not helpful as you say.

I do remember there being tracking for OG, but not as strong as this. Literally trying to shoot a combat form before, as it charged towards me headfirst, but it kept locking onto a infection form that was on the floor and missing both.

It would be good If a toggle could be added in options that disables any and all auto aim for plasma weapons (sans Plasma Pistol overcharge for obvious reasons) since shot leading is a critical component of gameplay. I'm very much aware that that Eye Patch skull exists in Halo for the effect of auto aim removal, but it should't come down to a score modifier to achieve this. Especially if it messes with weapons that the player doesn't wish it to.
Waiting for a video comparative from HCE PC and HCEA PC.

They need to remove aim assist or aleast disable the bullet magnetism.
FFS here we go again. No. Ok close thread.
There is no issue getting kills in mult.
Input matchmaking is already coming so they don't have to do this anymore.
Oh -Yoink- will it ever end
KnightFJS wrote:
Input matchmaking is already coming so they don't have to do this anymore.
Don't hold ya breath way easier to put a tick box in match making selections with AA disabled As you can hot swap between controller and KB🐭.
Alan J T wrote:
Oh -Yoink- will it ever end
I can see why these threads keep popping up. People are upset that one input method receives what is essentially an aimbot, while the other does not.
Think this topic is still on a break, we'll let you know when the discussion can continue in a polite and constructive tone.