Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Remove/heavily nerf aim assist/bullet magnetism.

OP MangoMeower

Idk man this is getting ridiculous. This is MCC on PC but yet we are in a situation where even the devs doesn't realise that MCC is on the PC now. In my personal opinion, there shouldn't be aim assist or any part of it in the PC version. The mouse and keyboard is the standard peripheral on this platform, and yes while you can use it to great success, there is no reason to at this current time. There is no reason to use the mouse because the controller is better. The issue is NOT mouse vs controller. The issue is aimbot vs human aim. The controller currently have too much aim assist and bullet magnetism. I don't know how to word it so people will understand.

Halo has been a console game for most of its time, yes. Now we have MCC on PC and on Xbox. 2 different platforms. Note the word different. They are different but they are being treated the same. We are trying to cater to the same playerbase on both platforms. People are using the excuse of cross play, and that's why auto aim needs to exist and it needs to stay as it is. Well guess what, cross play isn't here now so why is the stupidly strong auto aim here? Console uses controllers, PC uses mouse and keyboard. You CAN use controller on PC if you want, but then you will be at a disadvantage. That's just life. People say "well I want to use a controller therefor it should be viable". Let me ask you, how do you make the controller viable, when it needs to have borderline aimbot to be "competitive"? Doesn't this tell you that maybe there is no way to actually "balance" the controller and mouse to be equal? It just doesn' work. They are too different.

The fact that we need to give controllers borderline aimbot to make them "viable" is ridiculous. And many people are trying to turn this issue around and blaming the mouse users for being "whiny" and "not used to playing with the mouse". The issue is not with the mouse, the issue is the aimbot that controllers users have. Stay on topic. You don't solve anything by trying to turn it around on something that isn't relevant.
"Controllers have too much aim assist"
"Well just get good on mouse and stop whining"

How does that solve the issue of the aim assist? How to life 101. There is an issue, you look at the issue and you fix the issue.
How not to life, look at an issue, ignore it and make up an imaginary issue that doesn't exist, fix imaginary issue by doing nothing cuz the issue you created never existed in the first place and then feel good about yourself for solving an issue.

343, you put MCC on the PC, but yet you are punishing the PC players who uses mouse only to cater to the console players. Do you not see the issue here? These are different platforms, embrace the difference.
Idk I've been playing online exclusively with M&KB and I've been doing pretty decent like og reach. One thing that can help is an indicator on who is using controller and who is using m&kb that way if someone rekts you then you have a better idea of what actually happened.
DonChomps wrote:
Idk I've been playing online exclusively with M&KB and I've been doing pretty decent like og reach. One thing that can help is an indicator on who is using controller and who is using m&kb that way if someone rekts you then you have a better idea of what actually happened.
Dude, the aim assist is so bad that you'd think the devs think former console players are too inept to win on keyboard and mouse.

I get it, gamepads are not ideal for aiming, which is why aim assist is a thing, but come on, this is just ridiculous. At least tone it down a little.
Yeah, the aim assist is a little out of hand. You really feel it during SWAT or Team Snipers. It does suck bro. However, you're putting wayyy to much effort into this. If you want to be competitive buy a Microsoft controller or play another game. I don't understand what you're expecting from a 10 year old console port. Like it's going to have any relevance in the pro scene.
Polymuter wrote:
Yeah, the aim assist is a little out of hand. You really feel it during SWAT or Team Snipers. It does suck bro. However, you're putting wayyy to much effort into this. If you want to be competitive buy a Microsoft controller or play another game. I don't understand what you're expecting from a 10 year old console port. Like it's going to have any relevance in the pro scene.
We EXPECT balance.
If you play on the PC master race, you shouldn't get punished for using that plattform's primary input method. It should not give you any advantage nor disadvantage. Tried both input methods. Mouse and keyboard? You gotta work hard to get those kills. Gamepad? Game does most of the aiming for you, I easily stomp other players, headshots are easy. Like what kind of imbecile calls that "balanced"?

Oh, and before the release of MCC on PC, I haven't played Halo (or any shooter for that matter) on consoles for at least 5 years.
I completely agree. 343i themselves have said that the PC version of the MCC is all about taking down barriers, why should they change their minds now? The aim-assist only serves to divide players. A controller is perfectly usable without aim-assist. Many pro-players use a controller without aim-assist. Don't listen to the shills and the pro-cheats people. They simply want to ruin the game because they hate Halo.
I completely agree. 343i themselves have said that the PC version of the MCC is all about taking down barriers, why should they change their minds now? The aim-assist only serves to divide players. A controller is perfectly usable without aim-assist. Many pro-players use a controller without aim-assist. Don't listen to the shills and the pro-cheats people. They simply want to ruin the game because they hate Halo.
Or they just like to play on easy mode.
I on my part don't want that. It feels insulting that the devs think average gamepad users are too dumb to aim properly.
I don't see how 343 will take aim assist out of the game as they have stated it is staying in the game for people that like to use controllers vs a mouse and keyboard. As much as I think its ridiculous only time I found using a controller is when I want to play racing games. I mean heck I play bf1 and bf4 I don't see them having aim assist for people that want to use controller. Seriously. There be an uproar if that were to be. The way I see it. If they want to keep aim assist with controller make it a bit less stronger where the player has to learn to use there controller a bit better instead of allowing them to have like a aimbot feel to it. Or i'll just stick to firefight and enjoy that lol Oh and compaign :) Just my two cents on the matter. Im not going ot say make a matchmaking for anyone because of them using a controller or a mouse and keyboard. To many people getting angry over this that I keep thinking man you can't win. If you take out aim assist people going to blow up and cry. Leave Aim Assist on and your still get people to blow up and cry. I'ts a no win situation.
I don't see how 343 will take aim assist out of the game as they have stated it is staying in the game for people that like to use controllers vs a mouse and keyboard. As much as I think its ridiculous only time I found using a controller is when I want to play racing games. I mean heck I play bf1 and bf4 I don't see them having aim assist for people that want to use controller. Seriously. There be an uproar if that were to be. The way I see it. If they want to keep aim assist with controller make it a bit less stronger where the player has to learn to use there controller a bit better instead of allowing them to have like a aimbot feel to it. Or i'll just stick to firefight and enjoy that lol Oh and compaign :) Just my two cents on the matter. Im not going ot say make a matchmaking for anyone because of them using a controller or a mouse and keyboard. To many people getting angry over this that I keep thinking man you can't win. If you take out aim assist people going to blow up and cry. Leave Aim Assist on and your still get people to blow up and cry. I'ts a no win situation.
I use a controller and I am saying that the aim-assist it too strong. It simply makes the game too easy. It seems to be that you are acting in bad-faith and don't want the game to succeed by making these lose-lose situation statements.
comment removed.
I use a controller and I am saying that the aim-assist it too strong. It simply makes the game too easy. It seems to be that you are acting in bad-faith and don't want the game to succeed by making these lose-lose situation statements.
It may not succeed though there will be a player base no matter what. If it goes no aim assist or with aim assist. I'm just not going to take sides on the matter to have AA removed or not. I've voiced how I feel AA should be handled. And that is all to it. It's up to 343 on what they want the game to be and it will be what they say it will be.
Aim assist is simply too much.
It would be a different story if this game was consoles only, but if you are a shooter on PC you can't just screw over keyboard and mouse users like that.
I hear the devs use the reasoning that Halo CE and 2 had similar controller aim assist when they launched on PC back in the day, but they're forgetting that controllers were absolute dog -Yoink- back then compared to today. Even a standard Xbox One controller gives you far better accuracy than any Xbox 360 controller I ever used. Let's not even talk about SCUF controllers which have upgraded parts etc. This isn't 2004 anymore. Times have changed and the devs need to get with the program.
DonChomps wrote:
Again, I don't care if you use MK and is doing well. The issue is NOT MK. Why are we even talking about it?
The aim assist can stay as it is perhaps, the real issue IMO is the bullet magnetism. This is the thing that makes controller users have such an advantage. I am okay with the controller having sticky aim, that's when the aim "drags" along slightly with the enemy. The bullet magnetism though... That is just a clear advantage over MK users.

Bullet magnetism means that a controller user does not have to be as precise with their aim as MK users needs to be. It counteracts bloom to an extent, it basically means that controller users have a bigger hitbox to hit. That's what the bullet magnetism does. As long as their crosshair is red, the bullet will "be drawn to the enemy like a magnet". This is what makes it so infuriating. MK users needs to have the middle of the reticle on the enemy hitbox in order to hit, cuz the bullets travels in the middle of the crosshair. It is not enough to just have your reticle be red. This is unfair and this is not balanced.

I am putting so much focus into this because I am a PC player and I love Halo and according to my logic, this is unfair. This is not the right approach and I want it to change for the better.
The aim assist can stay as it is perhaps, the real issue IMO is the bullet magnetism. This is the thing that makes controller users have such an advantage. I am okay with the controller having sticky aim, that's when the aim "drags" along slightly with the enemy. The bullet magnetism though... That is just a clear advantage over MK users.

Bullet magnetism means that a controller user does not have to be as precise with their aim as MK users needs to be. It counteracts bloom to an extent, it basically means that controller users have a bigger hitbox to hit. That's what the bullet magnetism does. As long as their crosshair is red, the bullet will "be drawn to the enemy like a magnet". This is what makes it so infuriating. MK users needs to have the middle of the reticle on the enemy hitbox in order to hit, cuz the bullets travels in the middle of the crosshair. It is not enough to just have your reticle be red. This is unfair and this is not balanced.

I am putting so much focus into this because I am a PC player and I love Halo and according to my logic, this is unfair. This is not the right approach and I want it to change for the better.
Big agree on this OP
What is getting ridiculous are all you bad mouse users crying to remove something that is not a problem.
Big agree on this OP
Perhaps your logic is flawed and this game was not made just for you but for everyone. I use a Controller and have for a long long time I remember using a controller in Mechwarrior 3 and 4 way back in 2000 and even before then. Like back in 1995 It was a crap controller but it was my preferred input method. Ps when I can I will turn off Aim Assist as I don't like it. I should not have to use a KBM input system just to make you happy.

Game has just been release give the Developers a bit of time. Do not expect a fix for the problem today or tomorrow or even next week. For all we non game coders know it may be hardcoded in to the base code for the game. Plus there's the problem of fix one thing and break 5 other things.