1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Hello, after several games in Halo CE I see that the respawn points are very bad, you can not appear in front of the enemy is a sure death, and a radar could be interesting in 2v2 or 4v4.
I agree. It really is kinda annoying to respawn right infront of an enemy driving a tank. I would prefer the game to look for farthers spawn away from all enemies or have 1-2 second spawn protection at least.
Regarding the radar I am not sure if it is done on purpose that there isn't one available during multiplayer matches for current INSIDER because the campaign missions have one enabled.
yeah the spawns could use some adjustment and as for the radar i am sure it will be added in time i think anyway.
WarMatterN wrote:
Hello, after several games in Halo CE I see that the respawn points are very bad, you can not appear in front of the enemy is a sure death, and a radar could be interesting in 2v2 or 4v4.
I agree. It really is kinda annoying to respawn right infront of an enemy driving a tank. I would prefer the game to look for farthers spawn away from all enemies or have 1-2 second spawn protection at least.
Regarding the radar I am not sure if it is done on purpose that there isn't one available during multiplayer matches for current INSIDER because the campaign missions have one enabled.
yeah the spawns could use some adjustment and as for the radar i am sure it will be added in time i think anyway.
The spawn system for the MCC version of Halo CE functions exactly the same way that the spawn system does for the original Xbox version of Halo CE. Halo CE's spawn system has a lot of depth to it, Halo CE's spawn system is one of the various crucial aspects of the game that enables Halo CE to be able to have a high skill ceiling. I'm going to post some informative links on Halo CE's spawn system that I highly recommend for you guys to checkout and utilize as learning tools so that you guys can inform yourselves on how Halo CE's spawn system functions.
Regarding radar, the majority of the competitive Halo 1 community prefers radar to be disabled for most game types and most matchmaking playlists. The only Halo CE game type that I can think of where there is a consensus that radar should be enabled is FFA(free for all). Radar outside the context of FFA(free for all) in Halo 1 is a crutch for players with bad spatial awareness. Radar is detrimental for competitive play. Radar hampers the utility of active camo which is bad because active camo spawns on all maps in Halo CE and is on a 60 second static timer on most maps. Radar is also bad because it discourages aggressive play and encourages camping. Another bad aspect of radar is that it hampers players ability to flank their opponents.
Why can't there be an option in the configuration where we can enable or disable the radar? In my opinion, if the target user in the relaunch is a new player, he doesn't have to know anything about the competitive trajectory. On the other hand I understand that it depends on one game mode or another.
WarMatterN wrote:
Why can't there be an option in the configuration where we can enable or disable the radar? In my opinion, if the target user in the relaunch is a new player, he doesn't have to know anything about the competitive trajectory. On the other hand I understand that it depends on one game mode or another.
You can't just have radar be a toggle option in multiplayer... :P
WarMatterN wrote:
You can't just have radar be a toggle option in multiplayer... :P
how about the devs just keep the radar on for social playlists and off for ranked?
Halo CE won’t have radar for social playlists? I get it for ranked, but social? Really?
xxcloud7xx wrote:
WarMatterN wrote:
The spawn system for the MCC version of Halo CE functions exactly the same way that the spawn system does for the original Xbox version of Halo CE. Halo CE's spawn system has a lot of depth to it, Halo CE's spawn system is one of the various crucial aspects of the game that enables Halo CE to be able to have a high skill ceiling. I'm going to post some informative links on Halo CE's spawn system that I highly recommend for you guys to checkout and utilize as learning tools so that you guys can inform yourselves on how Halo CE's spawn system functions.
  • https://www.halospawns.com/
  • https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XkpqbwZ9EbR0AEnZIztx2X6cKely-MV4ihclExF4aaw/edit#heading=h.itd6iclfr7re
  • https://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/9497-halo-ce-spawn-system-incomplete/
  • Prisoner Breakdown with Spawns
  • Chill Out Breakdown with Spawns
  • Damnation Breakdown with Spawns
  • Hang 'Em High Random Spawns
  • Hang 'Em High Breakdown with Spawns
  • Must Know Tricks for Hang Em High: Pt 1
  • Derelict Breakdown with Spawns
  • Battle Creek Breakdown with Spawns
  • Rat Race Breakdown with Spawns
  • Wizard Breakdown with Spawns
Regarding radar, the majority of the competitive Halo 1 community prefers radar to be disabled for most game types and most matchmaking playlists. The only Halo CE game type that I can think of where there is a consensus that radar should be enabled is FFA(free for all). Radar is detrimental for competitive play. Radar hampers the utility of active camo which is bad because active camo spawns on all maps in Halo CE and is on a 60 second static timer on most maps. Radar is also bad because it discourages aggressive play and encourages camping. Another bad aspect of radar is that it hampers players ability to flank their opponents.
"The skill ceiling is increased by creating terrible spawn points"
WarMatterN wrote:
The main purpose of disabling radar is so that every single player in the match doesn't have radar enabled. Allowing players to individually toggle radar on in their game settings like you're advocating for defeats the main purpose of disabling radar for certain matchmaking playlists. Like I already said in my other post, with the exception of FFA(free for all) the majority of the competitive Halo 1 community prefers radar to be disabled for most game types and most matchmaking playlists. While I do have empathy for newcomers to Halo 1 because the game has a high skill floor(barrier of entry), the newcomers to Halo 1 need to keep in mind that Halo 1 is nearly two decades old and that there are a bunch of informative resources on the internet that they can utilize as learning tools to help accelerate their learning process. If you're a newcomer to Halo 1 then I highly recommend for you to checkout this halowaypoint post that I just made.
WarMatterN wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
how about the devs just keep the radar on for social playlists and off for ranked?
Halo CE won’t have radar for social playlists? I get it for ranked, but social? Really?
Radar used to be enabled on big team for Halo CE on the MCC for the Xbox One but due to a bunch of feedback from the Halo 1 community advocating for 343 to disable radar for big team for Halo CE, 343 finally decided to disable radar for big team in Halo CE. Please keep in mind that the competitive Halo 1 community doesn't just play the ranked Halo CE team doubles playlist they also like playing the social 4v4 and 8v8 Halo 1 playlists in the matchmaking composer.
ugaaa5 wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
WarMatterN wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
“the multiplayer experience will be exactly the way that you remembered it.” Whether or not that you agree or disagree with the assertion that Halo 1's spawn system is a crucial aspect of Halo 1 that enables the game to be able to have a high skill ceiling is irrelevant. The main goal for the MCC version of Halo 1 should be to prioritize making the game be 1:1 with the original Xbox version of Halo 1. It would be very unwise for 343 to prioritize making arbitrary changes to the spawn system and spawn points on the MCC version of Halo 1. It would be very unwise for 343 to not prioritize fixing all of the various bugs and issues that are plaguing the MCC version of Halo 1 so that the game can become 1:1 with the original Xbox version of Halo 1.

If you don't like certain crucial aspects of Halo 1 such as it's spawn system and it's spawn points then I highly recommend for you to avoid playing Halo 1's multiplayer and stick with playing all of the other games on the MCC or Halo 1's campaign.
i dunno man i’d like to see the radar on for those who just want to jump in and have a blast
Spawn rotten

we just appear next to or in front of the enemy, in addition they have a direct view of the spawn
i dunno man i’d like to see the radar on for those who just want to jump in and have a blast
I hope that you realize that when talking about the people that want to jump in and have a blast when playing PC MCC Halo 1's multiplayer that it also includes people like myself that don't enjoy playing Halo 1 with radar enabled outside the context of FFA(free for all). I highly recommend to those that want to play Halo 1 with radar enabled to play Halo 1 FFA(free for all) in the matchmaking composer because it has radar enabled, to play Halo 1 custom games with radar enabled with their friends, and to play co-op with one of their friends when playing Halo 1's campaign because Halo 1's campaign has radar enabled.
XynuX wrote:
Spawn rotten

we just appear next to or in front of the enemy, in addition they have a direct view of the spawn
I highly recommend you to checkout the post in this thread that I made earlier regarding Halo CE's spawn system. I highly recommend for you to checkout all of the informative sources that I linked for Halo CE's spawn system. I highly recommend for you to checkout the informative sources that I linked so that you can utilize them as learning tools to inform yourself on how Halo CE's spawn system functions.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
WarMatterN wrote:
The main purpose of disabling radar is so that every single player in the match doesn't have radar enabled. Allowing players to individually toggle radar on in their game settings like you're advocating for defeats the main purpose of disabling radar for certain matchmaking playlists. Like I already said in my other post, with the exception of FFA(free for all) the majority of the competitive Halo 1 community prefers radar to be disabled for most game types and most matchmaking playlists. While I do have empathy for newcomers to Halo 1 because the game has a high skill floor(barrier of entry), the newcomers to Halo 1 need to keep in mind that Halo 1 is nearly two decades old and that there are a bunch of informative resources on the internet that they can utilize as learning tools to help accelerate their learning process. If you're a newcomer to Halo 1 then I highly recommend for you to checkout this halowaypoint post that I just made.
WarMatterN wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
Radar used to be enabled on big team for Halo CE on the MCC for the Xbox One but due to a bunch of feedback from the Halo 1 community advocating for 343 to disable radar for big team for Halo CE, 343 finally decided to disable radar for big team in Halo CE. Please keep in mind that the competitive Halo 1 community doesn't just play the ranked Halo CE team doubles playlist they also like playing the social 4v4 and 8v8 Halo 1 playlists in the matchmaking composer.
ugaaa5 wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
WarMatterN wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
“the multiplayer experience will be exactly the way that you remembered it.” Whether or not that you agree or disagree with the assertion that Halo 1's spawn system is a crucial aspect of Halo 1 that enables the game to be able to have a high skill ceiling is irrelevant. The main goal for the MCC version of Halo 1 should be to prioritize making the game be 1:1 with the original Xbox version of Halo 1. It would be very unwise for 343 to prioritize making arbitrary changes to the spawn system and spawn points on the MCC version of Halo 1. It would be very unwise for 343 to not prioritize fixing all of the various bugs and issues that are plaguing the MCC version of Halo 1 so that the game can become 1:1 with the original Xbox version of Halo 1.

If you don't like certain crucial aspects of Halo 1 such as it's spawn system and it's spawn points then I highly recommend for you to avoid playing Halo 1's multiplayer and stick with playing all of the other games on the MCC or Halo 1's campaign.
  • http://www.halobugs.com/
  • https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/487240502505111552/567371824648945678/updated_mcc_bugs_list.txt
  • https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/halo-ce-pc-port-issues-masterlist/2b908f00-c2e5-4927-8649-9fa999de417e/posts?page=1#post5
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/e23gr8/an_open_letter_to_the_halo_community_the_current/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/b9zk3r/halo_community_please_get_behind_requesting_that/
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloCERefined/comments/9lpk6m/port_issues_masterlist/
  • https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/the-ultimate-way-to-completely-fix-halo-ce-mcc/5f921cb7-b2d5-4d18-8041-11d2b8f49d45/posts?page=2#post22
  • How Combat Evolved was downgraded on MCC | How the original vision is being lost to time
  • Just how I remember Halo 1.
  • https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/megapost---autopsy-of-mcc-ce-and-how-to-revive-it/d580a243-c439-4189-9201-548a8bcb8820/posts?page=1
That's the plan. Halo 2 was always a far better game.
I hope they do NOT change the spawns. It should play exactly as the original game. Getting a "bad spawn" or getting spawnkilled instantly is prevalent in many skill-based games, including Quake.
halo ce and also halo reach have very bad spawns, in halo ce in the small maps it is horrible and in reach in swat it is hell
ugaaa5 wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
WarMatterN wrote:
-SnIp-
-Snip-
WarMatterN wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
ugaaa5 wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
WarMatterN wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
Wait no way, there's a Halo 2?! Have I been living under a rock all of these years?! I've been playing Halo CE all of these years waiting for Bungie to finally make a sequel to Halo CE and I didn't realize that they have already made a sequel to the game. What is Halo 2?! Is Halo 2 really that much better than Halo CE?! That's really cool! I didn't realize that there are other iterations of Halo, I thought that Halo CE was the only Halo game that existed. Let me checkout some game play of Halo 2 on Youtube and then I will get right back to you! Oh boy I'm excited, I can't wait to see some cool game play of Halo 2! I can't wait to see how much better Halo 2 is compared to Halo CE!

So I just got done looking up and watching some game play of Halo 2 on Youtube and these two videos are the first two videos that popped up for me.
Are you sure that Halo 2 is as good as you claim it to be? To be honest I'm a bit disappointed in the game play I saw of Halo 2 on Youtube. Halo 2's game play doesn't look any where close to being as good as Halo CE's game play. I guess I was right after all about Halo CE being the only Halo game that exists because Halo 2 is nowhere close to being a true sequel to Halo CE. I hope that maybe someday Bungie will make a true sequel to Halo CE.
halo ce and also halo reach have very bad spawns, in halo ce in the small maps it is horrible and in reach in swat it is hell
I highly recommend for you to git gud at Halo CE and learn how Halo CE's spawn system functions.
Halo CE's spawn system does not care:

• Where you died
  • Where the enemies are
  • Whether a grenade is aiming toward your spawn
  • etc
it is solely based on:
  • where your team mates are. If your teammates are within the radius of a spawn point, you will spawn there.
  • If they aren't in the radius of any spawn point, you will be chosen a spawn point at random anywhere on the map.
This is VERY DIFFERENT than later Halo's and I can understand why it would be frustrating for new players.

But, it is actually the most predictable and mold able spawn system in the history of Halo, and 99% of the people who continue playing CE after a month will wish it to stay that way.

If you don't like the way CE works and has worked for 20 years, I would suggest waiting for the Halo's that play more like you want, or put your feedback in to help craft Halo Infinite in way that you'd enjoy.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
ugaaa5 wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
WarMatterN wrote:
-SnIp-
-Snip-
WarMatterN wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
ugaaa5 wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
WarMatterN wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
Wait no way, there's a Halo 2?! Have I been living under a rock all of these years?! I've been playing Halo CE all of these years waiting for Bungie to finally make a sequel to Halo CE and I didn't realize that they have already made a sequel to the game. What is Halo 2?! Is Halo 2 really that much better than Halo CE?! That's really cool! I didn't realize that there are other iterations of Halo, I thought that Halo CE was the only Halo game that existed. Let me checkout some game play of Halo 2 on Youtube and then I will get right back to you! Oh boy I'm excited, I can't wait to see some cool game play of Halo 2! I can't wait to see how much better Halo 2 is compared to Halo CE!

So I just got done looking up and watching some game play of Halo 2 on Youtube and these two videos are the first two videos that popped up for me.
  • HALO 2 is NOOBIFIED
  • Halo 2 Battle Rifle Autoaim - I think people tend to forget about this.
Are you sure that Halo 2 is as good as you claim it to be? To be honest I'm a bit disappointed in the game play I saw of Halo 2 on Youtube. Halo 2's game play doesn't look any where close to being as good as Halo CE's game play. I guess I was right after all about Halo CE being the only Halo game that exists because Halo 2 is nowhere close to being a true sequel to Halo CE. I hope that maybe someday Bungie will make a true sequel to Halo CE.
I highly recommend for you to git gud at Halo CE and learn how Halo CE's spawn system functions.
  • https://www.halospawns.com/
  • https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/respawn-radar/03159078-a434-4c13-8391-6239cdc73983/posts?page=1#post4
Yeah, a lot better than Halo CE.
ugaaa5 wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
ugaaa5 wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
WarMatterN wrote:
-SnIp-
-Snip-
WarMatterN wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
ugaaa5 wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
WarMatterN wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
Yeah, a lot better than Halo CE.
Lol no it's not, the original Xbox version of Halo 2 is atrocious compared to the original Xbox version of Halo CE. Anyways this is completely off topic and is irrelevant to this thread. Please quit trying to derail this thread with discussion of Halo 2 because Halo 2 is irrelevant to this thread. This thread is suppose to be about Halo CE not Halo 2.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5