Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Rubberbanding in Flight 2

OP Brohgle

So I got lucky enough to be invited to the Halo MCC reach 2nd flight, but I've noticed that my ping is unusually high. Usually on games that host their servers I get 80-120ms, while on Reach *(This is my best guess, I don't have an actual ping readout)* somewhere between 300-400ms of ping at worst, and 200ms on average. I'm just wondering if this is a P2P connection (I get bad ping with those) or a dedicated server. This may just be my awful internet, but I thought this might be a useful topic.
I'm also in flight 2 (how exciting!), and I've not noticed much latency issues on my end. If anything, I've noticed some lag with response from bullet impact to polygon affect but nothing major.
I've seen some enemies at a distance move forward and then "teleport" back a few feet in what looks like some rubber stuff.
Both of these things are happening, but at closer range. It feels like I'm lagging but it might just be the hit registration system :)
my latency was temporarly so high it broke the game lol
How did you guys receive your invites? I was wondering if i have the email addresses blocked that send the invites out xD
Brohgle wrote:
Both of these things are happening, but at closer range. It feels like I'm lagging but it might just be the hit registration system :)
Where are you located? I'm in Australia personally, so for me, that could very well be a latency issue from sheer difference (as I imagine 343i has the matchmaking/game servers in the US.

I'll probably log a report on support.halowaypoint.com (if you didn't see that in the invite :P ) and just let them know. It might just be lag.
Brohgle wrote:
Where are you located? I'm in Australia personally, so for me, that could very well be a latency issue from sheer difference (as I imagine 343i has the matchmaking/game servers in the US.

I'll probably log a report on support.halowaypoint.com (if you didn't see that in the invite :P ) and just let them know. It might just be lag.
I'm in Virginia, so it's really unusual. I'm not too worried about it because it could just be because I have less than stellar internet ;).
Brohgle wrote:
Brohgle wrote:

I'm in Virginia, so it's really unusual. I'm not too worried about it because it could just be because I have less than stellar internet ;).
Do you have an Xbox One with MCC on it? If so, can you check on the Networking tab in the Settings? Mine is between 50-60ms on the Xbox One (I cannot get it lower than that, I know people have like 30ms ping). I did not get invited to the flight but my internet is very good where I live. You could check your modem/router settings.