Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Separate sound/voice/music volume options

OP Terg500

As the title says, will MCC for PC feature separate sliders to individually adjust the volume of the sound effects, voices and music?
All praise our lord Marty O'Donnell, yes, but I would absolutely love the option to mute the music so in game types like Firefight or playing through the campaigns on Legendary I could Rip and Tear apart some Covenant to the sound of Mick Gordon's DOOM OST or, if we talk Halo, some ODST OST. The original music can get pretty repetitive after a while so I'd like to mix things up a bit.

Since it was said they wanted to include many options "expected from a PC game these days" this would be my number one requested feature at this point. The last game that had this was the original Halo, at least on PC.
This a great idea. I would even go a step further by allowing us to select which versions of sound effects and soundtracks we want so we can mix and match however we like
I'd hope so; specific volume sliders are pretty much par for the course nowadays. I tend to listen to podcasts while I play so an ability to mute music would suit me just fine.
I don't remember why, but I had a few moments when I thought "I wish Halo had different volume sliders". So yeah, I'd love them to add something similar to the games.
The reason why we never had it in the first place is because of Marty's arrogance and control-freak tendencies. Don't get me wrong, the man is an amazing composer but had a serious personality flaw or two.

Despite what Marty thought, you cannot possibly have perfect sound balance on many different devices in many different environments. People have different hearing as well. Volume sliders are a thing for a reason.
Terg500 wrote:
As the title says, will MCC for PC feature separate sliders to individually adjust the volume of the sound effects, voices and music?
All praise our lord Marty O'Donnell, yes, but I would absolutely love the option to mute the music so in game types like Firefight or playing through the campaigns on Legendary I could Rip and Tear apart some Covenant to the sound of Mick Gordon's DOOM OST or, if we talk Halo, some ODST OST. The original music can get pretty repetitive after a while so I'd like to mix things up a bit.

Since it was said they wanted to include many options "expected from a PC game these days" this would be my number one requested feature at this point. The last game that had this was the original Halo, at least on PC.
I also hope we have a sound quality option like we did in halo 1 ( jokes) I remember when sound quality effected the performance of your cpu with how the quality was now it is a very small difference lol. Yeah sliders would be key in this game but I love the halo music and wish multiplayer had a little more exciting music but most players use own music.
I hope multiplayers lets you change player voice volume separately from sound effects (eg. gunshots). Counter-Strike: GO and TF2 still don't have this feature and it drives me crazy when I can't hear my teammates talking over the sounds of gunshots
I hope multiplayers lets you change player voice volume separately from sound effects (eg. gunshots). Counter-Strike: GO and TF2 still don't have this feature and it drives me crazy when I can't hear my teammates talking over the sounds of gunshots
I remember both games having separate voice options ("Voice receive volume" in TF2 and "VOIP Volume" in CSGO), what I don't remember is:
Are they tied to the master game volumes, so lowering the sounds also automatically lowers the voice chat?
Terg500 wrote:
I remember both games having separate voice options ("Voice receive volume" in TF2 and "VOIP Volume" in CSGO), what I don't remember is:
Are they tied to the master game volumes, so lowering the sounds also automatically lowers the voice chat?
Not only are they tied to master game volumes, but th eoptionf for lowering Voip volume is just for lowering and nothing else. You can't actually raise it past the 100% threshold, and since there's no seperate slider for sound effects (bullets, etc.) you can never actually hear anyone over gameplay if you're in the middle of the map trying to cap a point. Then you don't hear your teammate warning you about a spy trying to backstab you. Then a spy backstabs you. Then you cry.