Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Should they make invasion on reach Green vs Purple

OP Mauvatar

Way back when reach was still in the beta and they released invasion the team colors were Green for Spartans and Purple/blue for the elites, I really enjoyed invasion when in beta and after full release of reach, however it kinda bothered me how now, after release, the teams where basic red vs blue because, in my personal opinion, it took away a bit of the immersion I felt during the beta; I always saw this as one of the things that made invasion unique to all the other game modes. I know it sounds a bit like "Wtf is wrong with this guy" since its such a small change, but I think it would be nice if it returned to be that way. What do you guys think?
If I had to take a guess, I'd say Green vs Purple was a living hades for people with red/green color blindness whereas Red vs blue isn't as big of an issue.
I do not think it's important, red and blue is fine. also if you want to change colors, just play bigteam battle or a mode with multiple teams LOL
If I had to take a guess, I'd say Green vs Purple was a living hades for people with red/green color blindness whereas Red vs blue isn't as big of an issue.
red/green color blindness would have you seeing grey vs blue even if it is a more common form of color blindness. not to mention that color was not how you told team mates from enemies. everything from size and speed to silhouette was different in invasion. besides halo was getting flack a few years ago because of how bad rvb is for red/green color blindness in combination with their environments. forget telling friend from foe often you can't even see your enemy.

tbh I would much rather have you be custom colors rather than team colors simply because of how easy it is to tell spartan from elite
You dont need flawless vision to tell apart Spartans and Elites.
Both teams could be black and it wouldn't be too huge of an issue.
Hamel wrote:
You dont need flawless vision to tell apart Spartans and Elites.
Both teams could be black and it wouldn't be too huge of an issue.
forget back to back you could have both teams in a giant melee pit and tell who's who
I do not think it's important, red and blue is fine. also if you want to change colors, just play bigteam battle or a mode with multiple teams LOL
Its not that i care much about the red vs blue style, but I think that in invasion specifically it suites better to have Spartans in a green color and elites in purple since it gives it a little bit more immersion to the game mode.
Let's not forget that it also made it so you could easily tell who your spawn partner was as each pair was a slightly different shade.
It is unlikely but I'd be ok with using whatever colors you chose. Picking a Spartan from an Elite is rather easy in my opinion. I agree with OP if it comes down to preset colors though, although I think sage/olive/brown varieties vs the Covenant's Blue/Purple/Maroons would be a neat new concept.
Yes, but the exception here is that one team is Spartans and the other is Elites, even if you have some color blindness, or severe color blindness, you would still be able to identify what team you are on based off of what species you are. Were as in a game like ctf where the teams can be mixed or all Spartans, then i can understand the issue, but invasion is sort of a exception to that rule.