Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

@Ske7ch: No Splitscreen for PC [at launch]

OP Auraven2572

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. ...
  6. 17
HOrobOD1 wrote:
Drahicr wrote:
Drahicr wrote:
i wonder if there will be any mention in the next dev blog?

fingers crossed, maybe out of the backlog.
Nope, Still in the backlog
yeah, just read it, the wait continues. at least it hasn't been removed. i hope this means they actually do something about it soon.
Doubt it will be out until 2021. They had a list of features to be completed in 2020, and split screen isn't one of them.
If it comes at all. while i do think it would be something they look towards, i don't think Halo MCC is going to be kept around much time after Halo Infinite comes out. They'll probably focus on making content to the New game
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I think porting split screen should be no harder than porting the games, it's not like any of the games are next gen. performance should not be an issue and nor should implementing a guest profile and controller support is already in the game.
Drahicr wrote:
I think porting split screen should be no harder than porting the games, it's not like any of the games are next gen. performance should not be an issue and nor should implementing a guest profile and controller support is already in the game.
I think the difficulty is making it a feature supported for such a huge range of devices. I mean, an average mid range i5 should run it smoothly. but i3 potatoes wouldn't. It is an easy thing to port if every pc had the same specs. but lets face the fact that PC doesn't offer that certainty and giving an option in this kind of situations end up being "Whether if the lowest spec can run it"
Drahicr wrote:
I think the difficulty is making it a feature supported for such a huge range of devices. I mean, an average mid range i5 should run it smoothly. but i3 potatoes wouldn't. It is an easy thing to port if every pc had the same specs. but lets face the fact that PC doesn't offer that certainty and giving an option in this kind of situations end up being "Whether if the lowest spec can run it"
Well they seem to be porting the games just fine and they seem to perform well for low, med and high spec gamers. If anyone can play battlefront 2 in split screen on pc smoothly, especially the instant action split screen mod, as well as the serious sam games and the gears of wars games, i'm sure they can handle the old halo games in split screen on pc, if it ever gets added...
still in backlog on latest dev blog. AKA = still no news. i wonder if they are actually discussing it? because it says the exact same thing on each blog.

man the waiting sucks, still got to wait for odst to release, then h4 flighting and then release before news on split screen. i hope the long af wait is not for nothing.
Drahicr wrote:
still in backlog on latest dev blog. AKA = still no news. i wonder if they are actually discussing it? because it says the exact same thing on each blog.

man the waiting sucks, still got to wait for odst to release, then h4 flighting and then release before news on split screen. i hope the long af wait is not for nothing.
Yeah i want know too
I'm still waiting for them to add basic features. Like unbroken h3 forge, a voice chat button for controller, a way to mute players on text chat, being able to crouch while walking with controller.
Just wanted to add in my voice that I'm happy this has made it to the backlog and I hope it comes out soon! +1 to the feature request
It looks like the other split screen thread got locked... Well, here's my voice. I'll be extremely disappointed as a long time Halo fan if split screen does not come to PC.
I've barely played MCC PC since launch after finding out it was left out. The whole point was to make new experiences and have fun with friends locally who have never played.

I had to resort to using "janky" third party mods which left me and my SO with a bad experience of crashing.
It's pretty sad that the Xenia 360 emulator is almost likely to have split screen working better before MCC adds it officially.
I've long since left Xbox, so this is very disappointing. Been playing since the original Xbox. Fingers crossed!
Drahicr wrote:

My opinion on this is very unstable, but atm I think they will just delay it until Halo Infinite launches so that everybody forgets...
Let's see wether I'm right or wrong
Wanted to add my input on this topic since it's been something I've been patiently waiting on since Reach dropped almost a full year ago. I started the Halo titles way back when with the original Combat Evolved, and it was a campaign experience that I played through entirely with my father. This became something of a tradition as the games released; a new Halo would drop, we'd pick it up, and then we'd play through the title in split screen cooperative. We did this all the way through 4.

My dad is incapable of playing games anymore because of issues that he has with his hands, but the Halo titles have become a way to interact with my brother, who suffers from severe anxiety disorders. We played through every single Halo the same way my dad and I had, and it slowly became a tradition of our own. Now, neither of us have working 360 consoles, and the XBox One was unfortunately a system we had to pass on. But I do have an engineering rig that I run steam through, and he has, time and time again, expressed interest in replaying these titles that very same way.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but each Halo game has been extremely beneficial in providing common grounds for the people in my family, and every time I see a new game drop I get hopeful again that it'll finally be implemented. Unfortunately, each time, that hasn't been the case. At least not yet.

I really hope that 343 sees the importance of this feature, regardless of the device it's played on. It's been a staple of the franchise ever since its inception and, for people like myself, it's bizarre to see it just not implemented at all. It's been the driving force behind all of my interactions with the series, and it just isn't there. In any capacity.
Goasn wrote:
Drahicr wrote:

My opinion on this is very unstable, but atm I think they will just delay it until Halo Infinite launches so that everybody forgets...
If that happens, we won't get split screen on pc infinite either. The only way we get split screen on future pc halo games is to get it on the mcc.
Drahicr wrote:
Goasn wrote:
Drahicr wrote:

If that happens, we won't get split screen on pc infinite either. The only way we get split screen on future pc halo games is to get it on the mcc.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe 343 revealed that Halo Infinite wouldn’t have split-screen on PC (can’t remember where). In any case, I agree that MCC needs to get split screen, in order to set the precedent and expectation that we’ll also get it for Infinite.
Drahicr wrote:
Goasn wrote:
Drahicr wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe 343 revealed that Halo Infinite wouldn’t have split-screen on PC (can’t remember where). In any case, I agree that MCC needs to get split screen, in order to set the precedent and expectation that we’ll also get it for Infinite.
Afaik they never said the pc infinite port wouldn't have split screen. It's listed without the feature on steam just like the mcc. There is still no official "good" reason why it's not part of the pc port(s).
Again, nothing new about splitscreen on PC in September Dev Update.
Again, nothing new about splitscreen on PC in September Dev Update.
yep, still listed as in the backlog. i hope it moves tf up the list for the next update as it's been in the backlog since june.
I also am waiting for Split screen for Co-op and for custom games (heck they could even have it for online play like on the Xbox 360), they also need to make it possible to switch teams while in a custom game (incredibly this option doesn't exist in the current builds).
I've already had multiple instances where I wished I could do split screen on PC with MCC. And even more instances where it could've saved the night when I found out that two people playing on the same network is just too much for MCC to handle, and you have to try a million different fixes to try and get it to work, and usually even if you do get it working, it only works some of the time. So yeah, if they don't want to fix some simple networking issues, then they should really add split screen so we have some kind of way to play together with people in person.
brickson98 wrote:
I've already had multiple instances where I wished I could do split screen on PC with MCC. And even more instances where it could've saved the night when I found out that two people playing on the same network is just too much for MCC to handle, and you have to try a million different fixes to try and get it to work, and usually even if you do get it working, it only works some of the time. So yeah, if they don't want to fix some simple networking issues, then they should really add split screen so we have some kind of way to play together with people in person.
It is as simple as that. Split screen is a simple solution for multiplayer that doesn't have as many issues as Online only multiplayer. furthermore, it is something present in all Halo games in the MCC and implementing it shouldn't be as difficult (maybe the graphical part would be the hardest?) and in moments suchs as this, where a pandemic shut down most of the world and forced people to stay at home, games that offer this are good alternatives for Casual players and it's one thing that would have favoured halo during that time. It was a loss opportunity due to a lack of vision by 343 tbh. Hopefully they can make it up to the community
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. ...
  6. 17