Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

@Ske7ch: No Splitscreen for PC [at launch]

OP Auraven2572

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 12
How would this even be feasible????

Like you just plug in 2 keyboards? how will the coding system know whose inputs are what?
I doubt youll be able to plug a controller and a keyboard either. Im about as confused as the system would be.
iSethFPS wrote:
I doubt youll be able to plug a controller and a keyboard either. Im about as confused as the system would be.
So have you just never played a local multiplayer game on pc, or?
Split screen is completely unnecessary and a waste of dev time until the game is fully completed with all six games out and fully functional. Aside from the three people who use it on pc, there isn't much demand for it since a pc is usually set up in an area with little room for more than one person. Also why limit yourself to a controller on pc if keyboard and mouse is there?
Split screen is completely unnecessary and a waste of dev time until the game is fully completed with all six games out and fully functional. Aside from the three people who use it on pc, there isn't much demand for it since a pc is usually set up in an area with little room for more than one person. Also why limit yourself to a controller on pc if keyboard and mouse is there?
You know you can quite easily beam a PC game onto a TV screen, right?

...right?
How would you play split screen on a PC? Split screen isn't a PC feature. It's not needed. That is why you have consoles.

...right?
narrator: they do not
There is a fairly large market for split screen games on pc. Just look at rocket league, speed runners, duck game, ultimate chicken horse, gang beasts etc... I'd argue that the main selling point of the pc version of these halo games is the portability gained by having it on a laptop, and that being able to play halo with your friends wherever is a key part of the games appeal.

Overall I think implementing split screen is definitely a good use of the devs time and I think that many people would use it. My number one reason of hype for this game was that I was going to be able to visit my girlfriend and enjoy the halo campaigns split screen with her. I'd argue that split screen is probably a more demanded and usable feature than above 60fps framerates. I am 100% sure that more people have controllers lying around than monitors above 60Hz.

...right?
Did you know that this is not a feature that is used by the overwhelming majority of pc users? Why even have a pc at that point if you're going to play it like an xbox? Just because one of the three people that uses it wants a feature for an even smaller group of people doesn't mean it should happen, you're just wasting a developers time with a request as pointless as split screen.

...right?
Did you know that this is not a feature that is used by the overwhelming majority of pc users? Why even have a pc at that point if you're going to play it like an xbox? Just because one of the three people that uses it wants a feature for an even smaller group of people doesn't mean it should happen, you're just wasting a developers time with a request as pointless as split screen.
You do know there are a lot of split screen games on PC right? Even the COD games have split screen on PC. I really don't understand why you're so negative making a point that's wildly exaggerated
Why bother porting Halo to PC when basic function such as splitscreen is not supported? I know people will start saying stuff like, "get a console then". problem is, PC is much more powerful(just stating a fact, not trying to start a war) and i want to play my games with ultra high setting with at least 60frames per second. For people who do not know, you can use mouse/keyboard OR controllers on the PC (bluetooth or USB).

I had a Xbox360 many years ago, and i played Halo reach with my friends via splitscreen local multiplayer, it was fun and awesome.
To be honest, i dont know why the name, "microsoft or Xbox" just feels like they support splitscreen, but sadly they dont.
I bought Gears of War Ultimate edition on Microsoft Store during a sale thinking it will have splitscreen, only to find out months after while trying out with my friend that it doesnt. ( Gears4, Gears5 supports splitscreen though)
Splitscreen should be an essential function and consideration when Devs plan to port any console game (assuming it has splitscreen on console already).

Why is it so hard to implement this at all? I really feel like refunding the game on steam unless DEV promise to add in splitscreen in the future.
*cough* remote play together maybe XD
iSethFPS wrote:
How would this even be feasible????

Like you just plug in 2 keyboards? how will the coding system know whose inputs are what?
You can in fact plug in a controller and a keyboard. This is how it works in many games.

Most likely you'd be playing with only controllers though unless you're using multiple screens.
Zombie3153 wrote:
iSethFPS wrote:
Local for pc? Uh no my friends arent poor?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
As a gamer who've never bought a Xbox and never will, I must admit that Halo is an interesting franchise. Not one that would make me buy a console of course, that would be plain stupid I'm not that rich, but still I've played it occasionally with someone who owned a 360 and had real fun playing it (on splitscreen obviously).
And so they said they'd port it to PC, for a second I thought myself that would be the perfect occasion to have couch MP parties again. But of course, they're not gonna do it, I should have seen it coming.
Unlike most of you (I guess) I'm not a Halo fan, so I don't give a -Yoink- about solo campaign or whatever, all I'm interested in is multiplayer, and especially local multiplayer.
No local = No purchase, it's a no-brainer on this one. No way I'm buying an inferior, lazy port.
However I'm questioning myself : Who are the target audience for MCC PC ? The hardcore fan who've already bought it on XBox long ago, or the newcomers like me who've never touched it and never will if the port is somehow inferior ?
Splitscreen, no matter what -Yoink- they'll tell us, is totally feasible by nowaday's standards. You seriously believed them when they told you otherwise, for a game that's 9 years old ? Come on, we're not fools. Just get straight to the point : The team in charge of the port has a low budget, because 343 don't give A -Yoink- about this port !
Honesty, please.
Anyway good luck to the devs, you're doing your best with what you have, I'm not blaming you. Shame on 343 for this mess, I'm not going to subsidize this policy as far as I'm concerned.
Splitscreen is more than ever topical on PC.
(just a heads up this post is gonna be kinda all over the place) half of these arguments are stupid, split screen isnt meant to be the MAIN way of playing multiplayer. obviously youd ideally play online so you both get a full screen. BUT you are forgetting that isnt the point. remember when your older brother would let you play split screen with him for a quick gaming session? thats what its for. i have my pc set up in my room, on my table, hooked up to my monitors. but i also have controllers from when i played on xbox and play station and i KNOW my little brother would wanna play split screen with me. when we were little we used to play the reach campaign on split screen all the time and i would wanna do it again. its not supposed to be an ideal way of playing, its supposed to be something quick for when you dont really have many other options. all of you people that are against split screen halo coming to pc are probably just pc elitist that havent had the true split screen experience of having a few friends over and playing a quick game. and sure i have my pc hooked up and wire managed perfectly at my setup in my room. but if i have the opportunity of running reach at a higher fps and quality then im fine with unplugging everything and setting it up at a bigger screen in order to play with my brother or some friends. the hour or two it wold take to put it back is the same hassle i would have gone trough back in the day cleaning up the pillow forts, drinks, food, and just all around mess that gets made when you and some friends play split screen. if you see no use for it in your applications then fine, but me and many other people do. nobody is telling you that you have to play it. stop complaining. some of us want split screen.
iSethFPS wrote:
Zombie3153 wrote:
iSethFPS wrote:
Lol you just outed yourself for not having friends in real life
you do realize what we are talking about right? PC, split screen.... P... C..... Split.... Screen.....

sorry i dont use a 72 inch flat screen running capped 60 fps so my friend from across the street can bring over his mouse and keyboard in a duffel bag and game with me on a single desktop instead of him playing on his own computer at uncapped framerate with his own monitor like a normal human being -.-
dont wanna have to buy it on xbox to play with my little brother, whats so bad about wanting to plug in a controller so we can bust out a quick game???????
JJ SFL wrote:
iSethFPS wrote:
iSethFPS wrote:
Zombie3153 wrote:
iSethFPS wrote:
Lol you just outed yourself for not having friends in real life
you do realize what we are talking about right? PC, split screen.... P... C..... Split.... Screen.....

sorry i dont use a 72 inch flat screen running capped 60 fps so my friend from across the street can bring over his mouse and keyboard in a duffel bag and game with me on a single desktop instead of him playing on his own computer at uncapped framerate with his own monitor like a normal human being -.-
read my post above this
no trust i agree its just the guys that mentioned my posts thought i was being derogatory to the OP and just wanted to hate post my own. So ignore them as i will.
when last time a pc game had splitscreen anyways?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 12