Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

@Ske7ch: No Splitscreen for PC [at launch]

OP Auraven2572

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 18
arod933536 wrote:
when last time a pc game had splitscreen anyways?
doesnt matter. going by that logic, whens the last time a halo game was on pc? why do you want it on pc now?
Split screen is completely unnecessary and a waste of dev time until the game is fully completed with all six games out and fully functional. Aside from the three people who use it on pc, there isn't much demand for it since a pc is usually set up in an area with little room for more than one person. Also why limit yourself to a controller on pc if keyboard and mouse is there?
You know you can quite easily beam a PC game onto a TV screen, right?

...right?
Did you know that this is not a feature that is used by the overwhelming majority of pc users? Why even have a pc at that point if you're going to play it like an xbox? Just because one of the three people that uses it wants a feature for an even smaller group of people doesn't mean it should happen, you're just wasting a developers time with a request as pointless as split screen.
Plenty more than a few people want it. Its a staple to the series. Whats wrong with console elitist? Why are you so sensitive about the feature. I just want to have lan parties on the pc. Also why do people defend this kind of -Yoink- its so bizarre.
who in their right minds plays splitscreen on p.c?? LOL

If you have friends that play Halo, and you all play Halo together, why wouldn't you just play on console like youve been doing for 20 years now?

Am I trippin right now or what?

For people that plan on playing splitscreen on p.c, are you all going to be playing on the same p.c monitor, using controllers? Or do you have your gaming p.c hooked up to a big screen?

LOL I dont get it. Do you guys even own a p.c or what? What is going on here??
Why are people so upset that a shooter on pc doesn't have splitscreen? Since when have they done that? If you play a game on pc it's not to play in splitscreen. There is no point for a game on pc to support it since most computers are not set up in areas to allow it.
Exactly. This is a minority group who are just trying to be the loudest. It would be AWESOME to have it. But the majority of PC gamers don't need it. So I say don't even look at split-screen until after the game is released. And those children who say "no split-screen, no buy" can enjoy watching the streams of people enjoying the game. lul
Not all of us PC gamers are loners, some of us have friends and lovers to play with. I can tell you that I personally did not spend > $1.2k to horde my machine to a desk,,, I have it paired with a 65" 4K HDR display. I game allot with other people because you have allot more fun killing the bad guys when you're with the bros. When you have a large TV its not like anyone has any trouble seeing what they are doing, Haters gonna hate I guess. But I like my setup just fine.
Most PC gamers aren't loners, that's why they connect their PCs with a fancy new thing called the Internet.
Well most people aren't PC gamers. The majority of people don't have the time or money to devote to make buying the game or a PC worth it. That's the true beauty of split-screen, its an incredibly effective means of getting casuals into playing games, or just sharing the experience with people and spreading interest. It was playing split screen games like halo reach and black ops on 360 that introduced me to the shooter genre in the first place, and went on to make me into the PC nerd I am today. It saddens me to think of people who haven't had that experience, and to think that people wont be able to do so in the future. The name halo pulls a lot of weight, and in a world where split screen is dying, they could be the ones to bring it back.
You're talking about non-PC players.......on a forum about a new PC game.....LMAO
BANGHART wrote:

If you have friends that play Halo, and you all play Halo together, why wouldn't you just play on console like youve been doing for 20 years now?

For people that plan on playing splitscreen on p.c, are you all going to be playing on the same p.c monitor, using controllers? Or do you have your gaming p.c hooked up to a big screen?

i have a pc, my little brother doesnt. i plan on buying the game, my little brother doesnt. why would we buy the same game twice if we both know were not going to play with each other 24/7. youre missing the point of split screen. the point being its just something for a quick game play session, not the primary form of multiplayer.
we used to play reach split screen all the time on the 360 so hes used to playing on a controller seeing as hes played console all his life. its very simple for me to skooch up a chair to my table, scoot over, and plug in a controller. its really not that hard. he can even plug in the same exact controller we used back then. if youre not gonna use it or dont see a point in anyone using it thats fine.
but some of us DO see a point to it, and some of us WILL get use out of it. plus, my best friend isnt gonna buy a whole new game (even if it isnt too expensive) because he knows he isnt gonna play it a lot. so why shouldnt he be able to come over with nothing more than a controller and play a quick game of reach?
BANGHART wrote:

How many people have to sign into the forums to tell you people that PC players use split screen?
Its kind of hard to play split screen on pc because a lot of games dont support it. I've done halo pc spit screen already albeit difficulty to setup and buggy at times. Popular ones I always turn on for when friends come over are, Rocket League, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Halo Online (with some extra work).
There is also a few others I dont personally play that support split screen.
As for what peripherals, I use either one mouse keyboard and the rest controllers, or just all controllers.
Its not rocket science bud.

I really hope they add it down the line. Xbox one X sometimes cant even handle halo 2 anniversary with 4 player split screen but some beefy PC builds definitely can.
Im a big halo fan I would chip in extra for them to develop it. I really enjoy halo and I would love to be able to play at 4k with 60fps on each screen with my friends when we have lan parties. Which I have very often.
another gears of war 5 with removed features destine for a %50 review rating... microsoft sure knows hot to kill their games.
Split screen for pc would just be a waist of dev time and resources. It simply wouldn't be utilized by the vast majority
another gears of war 5 with removed features destine for a %50 review rating... microsoft sure knows hot to kill their games.
You're comparing a brand new, uninspired game, Gears 5, with a tried-and-true, successful classic from 10 years ago, Halo Reach.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Split screen for pc would just be a waist of dev time and resources. It simply wouldn't be utilized by the vast majority
Its not like MS is limited on funds. its a staple to the series and for sure would be utilized by a large chunk of users. Hard to say if they don't implement it. I dont even play Halo 5 anymore because there is no split screen.

They spend resources on loot boxes and other trash features but split screen is no because it takes a little more dev time?
Kind of a silly rationale.

Also from my personal experience Rocket League has tons of PC players that use split screen

Its featured in the original games, wouldn't it be also fair to include it in their PC versions?
JJ SFL wrote:
Zombie3153 wrote:
I doubt youll be able to plug a controller and a keyboard either. Im about as confused as the system would be.
So have you just never played a local multiplayer game on pc, or?
Local for pc? Uh no my friends arent poor?
Lol you just outed yourself for not having friends in real life
you do realize what we are talking about right? PC, split screen.... P... C..... Split.... Screen.....

sorry i dont use a 72 inch flat screen running capped 60 fps so my friend from across the street can bring over his mouse and keyboard in a duffel bag and game with me on a single desktop instead of him playing on his own computer at uncapped framerate with his own monitor like a normal human being -.-
read my post above this
no trust i agree its just the guys that mentioned my posts thought i was being derogatory to the OP and just wanted to hate post my own. So ignore them as i will.
Just because you don't like to play split screen on PC doesn't mean others don't. Go to Steam and look at the local co-op games, it's actually a decent sized list.
That is a shame, was hoping for splitscreen feature that split per monitor. Would be great to see a game take advantage of multiple monitor setups and projector setups.
That is a shame, was hoping for splitscreen feature that split per monitor. Would be great to see a game take advantage of multiple monitor setups and projector setups.
Hell That does sound like a very neat feature but I dont even know of any games that have that out of the box.
Do you know of any?
I'm also one of the many people that would probably never use split-screen. All friends I see face-to-face don't play Halo. Not to mention that Windows doesn't have a native support for multiple mouse and keyboard input.

But there are a lot of people who'd absolutely use it, for LAN events or just couch multiplayer. Hooking up a PC to a TV is a non-issue, even wirelessly nowdays.
The reason I even got into Halo was couch coop of Halo CE campaign with my father back in the day!

There might be a difference between account implementation of PC and Xbox versions of MCC. But how about making other split-screen players Guests?
JJ SFL wrote:
Zombie3153 wrote:
I doubt youll be able to plug a controller and a keyboard either. Im about as confused as the system would be.
you do realize what we are talking about right? PC, split screen.... P... C..... Split.... Screen.....

sorry i dont use a 72 inch flat screen running capped 60 fps so my friend from across the street can bring over his mouse and keyboard in a duffel bag and game with me on a single desktop instead of him playing on his own computer at uncapped framerate with his own monitor like a normal human being -.-
read my post above this
no trust i agree its just the guys that mentioned my posts thought i was being derogatory to the OP and just wanted to hate post my own. So ignore them as i will.
Just because you don't like to play split screen on PC doesn't mean others don't. Go to Steam and look at the local co-op games, it's actually a decent sized list.
Indeed. Steam currently lists 1615 titles that support split-screen coop :o

Gears 5 seems to have split-screen on Steam.
I play pc games split screen all the time... Not sure where you're getting your sample from
<blockquote class="box-quote" data-username="Luminaire VII" data-postid="128">
<p>Split screen for pc would just be a waist of dev time and resources. It simply wouldn't be utilized by the vast majority</p>
</blockquote>
<p>I play split screen on PC all the time. I wish more games provided suppport for it. I saw another comment asking why. PC splitscreening is WAY better than on console, 100x so. With technologies like Nvidia surround you can make two monitors into one and then split screen vertically, allowing two people to use their own screen (No splitscreening!!! No distortion and squishing using one monitor or TV ) so not only does it look more natural for each player but you can also use two controllers or one keyboard and mouse and a controller. </p>
JJ SFL wrote:
Zombie3153 wrote:

read my post above this
Jesus why does everyone misread that i am hating on it.

i was literally saying i was confused because i didnt know it was a thing.
JJ SFL wrote:
Zombie3153 wrote:

read my post above this
Jesus why does everyone misread that i am hating on it.

i was literally saying i was confused because i didnt know it was a thing.
Probably because you implied that everyone who plays split screen is poor?
BANGHART wrote:

I know the conversation on this topic has started to go all over the place, but I think the value of split-screen for Halo needs to be reiterated.

Halo's mass popularity was founded upon it's insane flexibility, especially in social spaces. While games like Quake, Unreal Tourney, Half-Life, and so on were traditionally "nerdy" games locked to the PC monitor in gaming dungeons, Halo was able to be shared amongst up to 16 people at once with 4 people per console. This is what allowed Halo to effectively establish console Esports with it's mass appeal...

While it may be 2019/2020 and most people own PCs, many people are trying to re-establish social gaming at home -- and smash Bros / other dinky 2 player games just don't cut it. Maybe not everyone will utilize split-screen, but having Halo available on the most accessible platform in the world AND giving the capability of letting 3 friends play with you on a single screen would allow the game to be accessible again, where it's been fundamentally lost with most modern games today.
Not everyone owns a PC...and many of them just want to play the game & skip the PC part. Sure you could play it on Xbox, but the Xbox community is failing to grow & PC is where there will certainly be the most substantial activity in time.

All of my friends have HDTV gaming PCs at this point to replace their xboxs, & being able to host a 4 player Slayer match just by bringing over one PC hooked up to an HDTV with 4 controllers and one controller adapter...it has an appeal.

There is nothing more saddening to me to think of how the only way to play the game with 4 friends on the PC platform will be in 4 seperate places in a discord server...always playing online gets stale sometimes, man. The only alternative will be to have 4 Laptops/PCs, 4 monitors/computers, all with power & ethernet connections in the same house...I still look forward to making that work but...
This is where split-screen was and still is an important part of Halo's DNA, even on PC.

If you're not among those who like having IRL LAN pizza partys with split-screen Slayer until the sun rises, then good for you. But I hate to break it to you, there's actually a lot of us who absolutely want that back in the realm of possibility.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 18