Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

So I just completed Reach LASO

OP S1imothyJ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
S1imothyJ wrote:
Kaine Rano wrote:
I can only imagine how New Mombasa is gonna be handled when Halo 2 Laso is gonna be a thing....*Shudders thinking about Jackels*
Honestly the first thing I think of. Makes me want to curl up and cry.
try getting a friend so you two can blame each other for jackal deaths
I do my LASOs solo as a personal challenge and so I can cry into a pillow free of judgement. However, me and my best friend are running every MCC game on legendary as the release so I imagine there'll be plenty of that come July or so, haha.
S1imothyJ wrote:
Yeah as you said, Halo 2 LASO? Have fun :) Seriously, youll need all the luck you can get.

Yes. not skill. Luck. *cough* Jackalsnipers *cough*
Halo 2 on Legend is hard enough, let alone with all skulls, especially since it was kind of an afterthought. Thankfully H2 isn't out yet so I have CE LASO to look forward to. Maybe that'll be easier. Apparently H4 LASO is easy.
halo 4 is actually the easiest campaign to run legendary so i imagine its the same for laso
I'm hoping so. It'll be nice to end it with an easy one. Sort of like an extended version of when I reached 'Lone Wolf' on LASO and proceeded to b-line to the nearest group of enemies and get covered in stickies.
S1imothyJ wrote:
Yeah as you said, Halo 2 LASO? Have fun :) Seriously, youll need all the luck you can get.

Halo 2 on Legend is hard enough, let alone with all skulls, especially since it was kind of an afterthought. Thankfully H2 isn't out yet so I have CE LASO to look forward to. Maybe that'll be easier. Apparently H4 LASO is easy.
halo 4 is actually the easiest campaign to run legendary so i imagine its the same for laso
Yeah the worst part about Halo 4 is ammo. Ammo shortage is bad enough without Famine. With Famine it's just plain garbage. You spend more time looking for ammo and making every shot count than you do actually making meaningful progress.

But provided you have ammo it usually boils down to midfield and long range combat, since many of the Promethean enemies in Halo 4 are crazy deadly up close. And this remains the typical formula throughout the game -- hanging back and precision-shooting with Lightrifle et. al. I personally found it the most boring of all the titles to play on Legendary. I didn't play Halo 5 so I can't speak for that.
S1imothyJ wrote:

Yeah the worst part about Halo 4 is ammo. Ammo shortage is bad enough without Famine. With Famine it's just plain garbage. You spend more time looking for ammo and making every shot count than you do actually making meaningful progress.

But provided you have ammo it usually boils down to midfield and long range combat, since many of the Promethean enemies in Halo 4 are crazy deadly up close. And this remains the typical formula throughout the game -- hanging back and precision-shooting with Lightrifle et. al. I personally found it the most boring of all the titles to play on Legendary. I didn't play Halo 5 so I can't speak for that.
The shooting gallery mode, haha
S1imothyJ wrote:

LASO isn't for me. H2 Legendary solo was more than enough to keep me salty.
S1imothyJ wrote:

You clearly don't hate yourself enough my friend. I'm going to do H2 LASO when it comes out and I will likely need to up my meds for it.
The LASO runs in H3, ODST, Reach,4 and 5 are very fun with the original skull set.

I've tried Halo CEA and 2 LASO but frankly the added extra skulls makes those so insane that it tips to the unfun side of the scale. If they had only the classic skulls I probably would've beaten them ages ago on LASO like all the others. I've always found it kind of stupid that the new extra skulls are active in the LASO playlists, should be the classics only.

So if you're going to try CEA and 2 LASO have fun with the nonsense skulls such as Anger, Ghost, Foreign, Recession, That's just wrong...
S1imothyJ wrote:
S1imothyJ wrote:

You clearly don't hate yourself enough my friend. I'm going to do H2 LASO when it comes out and I will likely need to up my meds for it.
H2 legendary feels more like a chore than anything else. yea I can beat it, but how many deaths is it going to take?
S1imothyJ wrote:
S1imothyJ wrote:

H2 legendary feels more like a chore than anything else. yea I can beat it, but how many deaths is it going to take?
It's worth the grind. Otherwise how else will I increase an arbitrary number that ultimately doesnt mean anything.

The LASO runs in H3, ODST, Reach,4 and 5 are very fun with the original skull set.

I've tried Halo CEA and 2 LASO but frankly the added extra skulls makes those so insane that it tips to the unfun side of the scale. If they had only the classic skulls I probably would've beaten them ages ago on LASO like all the others. I've always found it kind of stupid that the new extra skulls are active in the LASO playlists, should be the classics only.

So if you're going to try CEA and 2 LASO have fun with the nonsense skulls such as Anger, Ghost, Foreign, Recession, That's just wrong...
Honestly the nonsense skulls were the only thing that got me through reach. Right as I would be about to give up I'd here someone say some dumb -Yoink- from the IWHBYD skull
S1imothyJ wrote:
S1imothyJ wrote:
S1imothyJ wrote:

It's worth the grind. Otherwise how else will I increase an arbitrary number that ultimately doesnt mean anything.

Honestly the nonsense skulls were the only thing that got me through reach. Right as I would be about to give up I'd here someone say some dumb -Yoink- from the IWHBYD skull
Yeah those skulls sure are fun and part of the skulls I consider the classic skulls. All skulls in Halo 3 - Halo 5 are just fine and I don't think any of the skulls is nonsense but the extra skulls that came with the anniversary versions of Halo CE and 2 are what I consider just plain stupid. That's mostly because the combined effect of those skulls with the original classics makes the experience just way too hard in an unfun way. For example Halo 2 anniversary has the skull called Streaking, which is: "Player shields constantly decay at a slow pace but recharge some with every enemy kill." These kinds of skulls make the experience just too hard in an unfun manner IMO.
S1imothyJ wrote:
S1imothyJ wrote:
S1imothyJ wrote:

Yeah those skulls sure are fun and part of the skulls I consider the classic skulls. All skulls in Halo 3 - Halo 5 are just fine and I don't think any of the skulls is nonsense but the extra skulls that came with the anniversary versions of Halo CE and 2 are what I consider just plain stupid. That's mostly because the combined effect of those skulls with the original classics makes the experience just way too hard in an unfun way. For example Halo 2 anniversary has the skull called Streaking, which is: "Player shields constantly decay at a slow pace but recharge some with every enemy kill." These kinds of skulls make the experience just too hard in an unfun manner IMO.
Oh lord that sounds awful... Blackeye was irritating enough. I don't wanna have to worry about what little shield I have draining.
You know what would be cool for 343 to do with LASO? They should add a unique armor for beating each LASO campaign, sort of like beating Reach's LASO gives you the helmet for Reach, so you would need to beat each LASO to use it in every game. Just an idea for the future of MCC PC and Infinite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2