Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Spartan Ops Matchmaking & Menu Location

OP LegoBuilder3190

Right now Spartan Ops is tucked away in the campaign menu for Halo 4 which is kinda understandable but in that spot no one's gonna play it. It really should be added to the Firefight menu along with Reach and ODST firefight and added as a single playlist to firefight matchmaking with all the missions in it.
Right now Spartan Ops is tucked away in the campaign menu for Halo 4 which is kinda understandable but in that spot no one's gonna play it. It really should be added to the Firefight menu along with Reach and ODST firefight and added as a single playlist to firefight matchmaking with all the missions in it.
Maybe just a dedicated Spartan Ops category in the main menu would work too. Technically it isn't an official Campaign or a Firefight experience. It should have its own section. I wouldn't object though if 343 just chucked it into the FF category. Either is fine IMO.
It always bothered me that a PvE mode did not have matchmaking. This and the achievements for beating a PvE game mode solo on legendary. Like WTF!?
I would have played it more (especially since the story was decent) if it had matchmaking so I hope they bring it in.
Maybe just a dedicated Spartan Ops category in the main menu would work too. Technically it isn't an official Campaign or a Firefight experience. It should have its own section. I wouldn't object though if 343 just chucked it into the FF category. Either is fine IMO.
Or Rename FF Category to "PvE" though Firefight sounds overall better. But i agree with OP, it would be cool if it would share the category with Firefight, and also add Matchmaking-Systems to it. (Though as i know myself i play this Solo or Splitscreen / Online with Friends mostly)