Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Steam name or Microsoft name when playing on PC

OP Water Maze

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
when this game comes on steam will it give you the option to have your steam name or Microsoft name
Water Maze wrote:
when this game comes on steam will it give you the option to have your steam name or Microsoft name
Since it will require an Xbox Account, and will be cross platform with the Windows Store version, I'd say it's safe to assume that it's going to use your Xbox Gamertag.
Hope it uses steam username ngl
definitely won't be your steam name.
More than likely Microsoft name.
With 343 saying they want this to be a true PC game I hope the visible name is the Steam ID like all my other games on Steam. I don't even know how I got my Microsoft ID because I did not type this name I have in anywhere when I made my account.
With 343 saying they want this to be a true PC game I hope the visible name is the Steam ID like all my other games on Steam. I don't even know how I got my Microsoft ID because I did not type this name I have in anywhere when I made my account.
When you create a gamertag, the first name given to you is randomly generated. You can change it for free once at www.Xbox.com after its creation! That also happened to me when I recently created this new tag. Every change after the first free one is charged 10$ I believe, if you can't change it for free it means you already changed it but you don't remember.
With 343 saying they want this to be a true PC game I hope the visible name is the Steam ID like all my other games on Steam.
Except games that use a second launcher like any Ubisoft game or MMO
Water Maze wrote:
most likely you will have your xbox gamertag.
steam has done some colabs in the past as example with ubisoft or wargaming and it resulted in the way that you had a steam user linked to a new or an existing account on the said platform but you'd use the platform tag so, most likely it will be the same here again.
If we're using XBL names I guess I need to change mine. I've had this one since '08 and you can TELL it was crafted by a 9 year old.
Definitely my gamertag/microsoft name
It says on MCC's Steam page that it requires an Xbox Live account for probably access to the online features such as achievements and online multiplayer. Most likely it'll use your XBL gamertag's username.
Hopefully steam or they just let you choose a name. I don't want to pay for a new xbox name or have to make a new account
Hopefully steam or they just let you choose a name. I don't want to pay for a new xbox name or have to make a new account
You could always try out Microsoft Rewards to work towards a name change, that's what a few of my old friends did.
It requires an Xbox Live account but in some sort of way our Steam accounts will be linked to it.
I would like my steam name because my gamertag is horrible LUL FeelsBadMan
I feel like if you want the game to truly feel like a PC Native game (and all their blogs say that is indeed want they want) it would make sense to put the naming scheme under Steams control. This was not even something I had speculated upon before seeing this post, but now I sincerely hope they allow us to keep the freedom we expect when playing a title on PC or at the very least, Steam.
It says on MCC's Steam page that it requires an Xbox Live account for probably access to the online features such as achievements and online multiplayer. Most likely it'll use your XBL gamertag's username.
The main use for this would be achievement transfer, not necessarily gamertag transfer as well.
If we're using XBL names I guess I need to change mine. I've had this one since '08 and you can TELL it was crafted by a 9 year old.
I'd keep it if just to keep a part of your now past childhood alive.
It'll most likely use your Microsoft Account name I think.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2