Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Steam Workshop content being voted into the Game

OP TFClassicSteam

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
WaspyEthan wrote:
I would love to see the workshop used for custom game modes and custom maps as its a good use of pre-existing community. As far as using it for mods, as long as its well regulated so that mods where only are allowed in custom and couldn't be exploited into multi, I can see it expanding the life of the community by years.
WaspyEthan wrote:
I would love to see the workshop used for custom game modes and custom maps as its a good use of pre-existing community. As far as using it for mods, as long as its well regulated so that mods where only are allowed in custom and couldn't be exploited into multi, I can see it expanding the life of the community by years.
Who knows, maybe modded Halo will become the next Garry's mod? Even though it's unlikely, I still feel like it will be great for players and make the devs a bit more relaxed as the player-base is providing content for them.
Considering how many people love to add Halo content into other games so often, it'd be a perfect haven for those kinds of fans with the MCC where they can all go and focus their efforts on one single game together.

Also, again, the regular matchmaking would be entirely separate from the modding scene, aside from some custom-made maps/Armor that 343 could add in by holding voting polls and such, which is what I'm advocating for in this Topic specifically.
I feel voting things in from Steam Workshop is a cool idea and probably a needed feature, as people can make some pretty weird things, and some make epic things. But also dont forget about the Reach menu were you could upload and download maps others made or played on, like all those mario kart racing maps which were so mind boggling.
Fan customization would increase the longevity of the game 10 times over. Left 4 Dead 2 for example is still enjoyable to this day because of the Steam Workshop. I want custom campaign maps more than anything. MCC is looking like my 2019 dream game.
Honestly the steam workshop would be the best way to download mods tbh. I'm 100% for that
Honestly the steam workshop would be the best way to download mods tbh. I'm 100% for that
Same here friend.
It is very easy to download, everything on one place, you do not have to worry about viruses or compatibility issues.
= )
Something that would be an awesome little addition for the upcoming release later on after it's been fully ported over, is a system that has been used in one of my other favorite titles: TF2!

Valve would pick and choose from community-made cosmetics and such to be added in officially in updates in the past, so that got me thinking....

What if 343 were to do the same for community-made Armor and Armor Effects, Vehicles and Weapons, even Maps for CE, 2 and 2A to be added into the unlocks and matchmaking officially Reach, 2A and 3/4... Even new ODST Firefight characters too!

It'd keep the community engaged and further help bolster the lifespan of these games, while also showing off just how awesome this creative community can be, especially those heroes working on Halo Custom Edition to this very day, giving them the recognition they deserve!

Your thoughts?

(A 2fort remake in CE's engine would be soooo awesome for CTF too...)
I would love to fight Zombies or Xenomorphs,
Game over Man, Game Over!
= )
I feel voting things in from Steam Workshop is a cool idea and probably a needed feature, as people can make some pretty weird things, and some make epic things. But also dont forget about the Reach menu were you could upload and download maps others made or played on, like all those mario kart racing maps which were so mind boggling.
True, but Reach's ingame File Browser would be more for Vanilla Forge content and gamemodes, not modded content I'd imagine.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2