Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Stuff MCC PC needs to shine even brighter

OP YunZhaelor

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
So, I'm making this thread in hope some guy at 343i sees it and brings it to the MCC dev team, it's a simple list of things that this game needs to be the very best experience...

- Per games graphical and game settings and more graphical options:
Let us change, downscaling, the LOD, AA, Motion Blur, texture quality...etc ourselves, could you also add a 30FPS cap mode for those of us with potato PCs? This would also be great if those options could be applied differently for each game, I have an old laptop from 2013 and Reach needs downscaling to run correctly when H3 doesn't, do I really have to change the options every time I want to play a different game? Also how can it be done when I'm in a multiple games matchmaking instance?

- Split-Screen with with kb+m support and multiple displays support:
Really this is just a simple idea that probably needs some work but is totally worth it, just imagine having 4 monitors and each player is playing on a different monitor with either a controller or a kb+m combo, you could have a LAN party with a single computer and not even having to set up a network...

Well, that's it really, tell me what do you guys think of my ideas and if a 343i guy happens to pass here, that'd be cool to take note and bring this to the dev team, I'm obviously not asking for this to come immediately, I know, there's ODST and H4 + maybe some secret stuff like you did for H1 camos and armor customization but yeah, that'd be cool if it'd come at some point...

If others want to make suggestions in this thread and discuss them, go ahead.
YunZhaelor wrote:
So, I'm making this threah in hope some guy at 343i sees it and brings it to the MCC dev team, it's a simple list of things that this game needs to be the very best experience...

- Per games graphical and game settings and more graphical options:
Let us change, downscaling, the LOD, AA, Motion Blur, texture quality...etc ourselves, could you also add a 30FPS cap mode for those of us with potato PCs? This would also be great if those options could be applied differently for each game, I have an old laptop from 2013 and Reach needs downscaling to run correctly when H3 doesn't, do I really have to change the options every time I want to play a different game? Also how can it be done when I'm in a multiple games matchmaking instance?

- Split-Screen with with kb+m support and multiple displays support:
Really this is just a simple idea that probably needs some work but is totally worth it, just imagine having 4 monitors and each player is playing on a different monitor with either a controller or a kb+m combo, you could have a LAN party with a single computer and not even having to set up a network...

Well, that's it really, tell me what do you guys think of my ideas and if a 343i guy happens to pass here, that'd be cool to take not and bring this to the dev team, I'm obviously not asking for this to come immediatly, I know, there's ODST and H4 + maybe some secret stuff like you did for H1 camos and armor customization but yeah, that'd be cool if it'd come at some point...
Yes. All of this. I really wish there was more in depth per game graphics settings and I really wish there was per game crosshair settings. I like playing CE with the centered crosshair, but I don't like that on the other games.

Split screen with support for multiple displays will be an amazing feature and something I've always dreamed about. It would be nice to be able to play with people locally without having to play on a really tiny screen. I especially hate how they do splitscreen on widescreen displays currently (on Xbox). For all games except Halo 2 and CE there's 2 inch black vertical bars on both sides of the screen, making your view even smaller. I would love to have more options to control how screens get split across each display and have the ability to set up graphics settings profiles for each game depending on the amount of local players.
Bot match would be nive too, losing over and over and over and over and over and over and voer dandeadaeordeanordaordneaordnreaonraonrd eaondreaonrd aeond raeo is getting immensly frustrating, I still have to win a singular match since 3 dropped. Halo just isn't fun right now. At leeast with bot match, I could blow off some steam against easy bots while still practicing the game.

Also, better match making consistently being the team's MVP yetting getting permadestroyed is all but fun. How about we sometimes get like, eaven match, heh? Something fair.
Id like to see the maps, equipment, and gun variants from Halo Online be added to Halo 3. I assume MC owns the rights to HO so I wouldnt see the trouble in doing this.
id also would like a option to disable barriers and kill barriers in forge.
Throw input based matchmaking in there too
Forgable ladders, slippery Ice, conveyer belts, more breakable structure pieces, objects and structure pieces that can catch fire/spread fire/burn up (maybe have a toggle for this), more objects that float in water and can hold a players weight.
Pretty sure all of this are on In-Design Interation Phase on the Development Update expect the barriers and the objects for forge.
Walls that only let certain teams walk through them. Walls that can be seen through one way, but not the other. Power ups that make you shrink and grow
1 -Forgeable Weather effects like rain, snow, flood spores, ect.

2 -Forge option to change maps skybox

3 -Walls that only let certain teams walk through them.

4 -Walls that can be seen through one way, but not the other.

5- Power ups that make you shrink and grow

6 -Forgable ladders, slippery Ice, conveyer belts,

7 -more breakable structure pieces, objects and structure pieces that can catch fire/spread fire/burn up (maybe have a toggle for this)

8 -more objects that float in water and can hold a players weight.

9 -option to disable barriers and kill barriers in forge.

10 - maps, equipment, and gun variants from Halo Online be added to Halo 3. I assume MC owns the rights to HO so I wouldnt see the trouble in doing this.

11 -Silenced guns In H3 not showing up on radars would be great for customs

12 - gametype option for proximity chat (Halo2 had it)
I just wish I could save more than 50 maps and that the game worked more than 40% of the time
7 -more breakable structure pieces, objects and structure pieces that can catch fire/spread fire/burn up (maybe have a toggle for this)
10 - maps, equipment, and gun variants from Halo Online be added to Halo 3. I assume MC owns the rights to HO so I wouldnt see the trouble in doing this.
13 -option to have more than 16 players in a game
14 - 1st person spectating in H3 (would help spot cheaters)
15 - Forgeable walls that can be shot through
16. Option for The vip in vip gametype to use special bipeds/characters (think like the vip being sgt johnson)
17. Flashlights in multiplayer (for spooky custom games)
18 - button to turn on/off headlights on vehicles that have headlights (for spooky custom games)
19 - option for alpha infected to have special biped/character (alpha infected could have the body of a tank flood form)
20 - spot light thats operated like a turret but can't shoot (think of a dark spooky map where one of the humans have to spot the infected with a spot light so the other humans can shoot them)
21 - shared forge pallet for every map.
zachula5 wrote:
This sounds a lot like Halo 5's Forge, add scripting, rework the keyboard and mouse controls and boom. I'd use it.
Adding 2 more suggestions regarding cosmetic aspects of the games, I just thought about it overnight:

- Bring a skull or an option to enable Halo:CE custom spartans and vehicles/weapon skins to Single-Player and coop (even if it's only on the non remastered version of the game, actually that'd be one more reason to switch to it), that'd be fun. If you could additionally enable all the available customization you can have for multiplayer in singleplayer on games of the series that don't have it, H:CE, H2, H3, H4 the same way I explain it for CE above, that'd be even cooler...

- I also know weapon camos were once planned for Reach and even on armors iirc, if you have time for some extra content update maybe you could restore the functionality and some of the planned camos + add new ones :)))
zachula5 wrote:
id also would like a option to disable barriers and kill barriers in forge.
You can if you know how to overload them, if you know you know :D

Edit: At least for H3
Being able to spawn bots in Forge.

I have never, ever, understood why this hasn't been a thing. I remember my social circle LOSING our minds when we thought that may have been implied by an old Halo 3 update from Bungie where they were teasing future updates. This was shortly after they split off from Microsoft if I'm remembering correctly, and there were Hunters on a multiplayer map and it was sort of told in a Machinma Red v Blue kind of style. It's ages ago now, so I can't remember many of the details--but I do remember speculating with friends if the studio was hinting that they'd let us spawn AI Covenant on multiplayer maps for custom games.

I love PVP every now and then, by PVE is where my heart is and if I could fill my own Forge creations with enemy AI, this game would last me and my friends a friggin' lifetime. Perhaps there's some technical limitation that prevents this from happening....but man, I'd have so much motivation to build in Forge if I could solo or co-op little scenarios with bots.

Forge for me is mostly the equivalent of a zen garden.
The correct answer is the custom games browser. Or some kind of change where the matchmaking DOESN'T put you on the wrong side of the planet after only 10 seconds of waiting.

Hang on a second... My bad. These are just things that MCC PC needs for working PvP.

zachula5 wrote:
That sounds nice and all but how about the ability to see/join games that take advantage of those changes? You can only go so far with just yourself and a bunch of people who you most definitely didn't meet in MM; as nobody has ever documented an instance of social behaviour in MM.
WolfV11 wrote:
Being able to spawn bots in Forge.I have never, ever, understood why this hasn't been a thing. I remember my social circle LOSING our minds when we thought that may have been implied by an old Halo 3 update from Bungie where they were teasing future updates. This was shortly after they split off from Microsoft if I'm remembering correctly, and there were Hunters on a multiplayer map and it was sort of told in a Machinma Red v Blue kind of style. It's ages ago now, so I can't remember many of the details--but I do remember speculating with friends if the studio was hinting that they'd let us spawn AI Covenant on multiplayer maps for custom games.

I love PVP every now and then, by PVE is where my heart is and if I could fill my own Forge creations with enemy AI, this game would last me and my friends a friggin' lifetime. Perhaps there's some technical limitation that prevents this from happening....but man, I'd have so much motivation to build in Forge if I could solo or co-op little scenarios with bots.

Forge for me is mostly the equivalent of a zen garden.
You can't spawn AI in forge because maps have no pathfinding, they'd just be able to go in straight line and attack nearby enemies, it's technically possible in H4 tho as multiplayer maps were used to make spartan ops, there is pathfinding on those maps and afaik it's possible to spawn AI on those maps with the correct mods and of course if you own a modded console (not sure if I'm allowed to talk about this here), I'm pretty sure modders will do this for H4 when it gets released for MCC...
Shkikri wrote:
zachula5 wrote:
This sounds a lot like Halo 5's Forge, add scripting, rework the keyboard and mouse controls and boom. I'd use it.
I've never used forge in H5. I have played like an hour of H5F. But never forged in it
16. Option for The vip in vip gametype to use special bipeds/characters (think like the vip being sgt johnson)
18 - button to turn on/off headlights on vehicles that have headlights (for spooky custom games)
19 - option for alpha infected to have special biped/character (alpha infected could have the body of a tank flood form)
20 - spot light thats operated like a turret but can't shoot (think of a dark spooky map where one of the humans have to spot the infected with a spot light so the other humans can shoot them)
21 - shared forge pallet for every map
21 - shared forge pallet for every map
22 - party system
23 - Halo 2 clans for all games
24 - option for custom games with one life if player dies their removed from chat/ voice chat
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3