Just here from Steam to say thank you so much for bringing Halo to PC. I didn't think you would include every FPS Halo game (excluding Halo 5.) to PC. Or at least, not Steam. So yeah, that's basically it. Thanks.
Thank you 343. You have done an amazing job with Halo. Please don't screw this up. If Xbox MCC owners will have to repurchase it to play on pc I will be SEVERELY dissappointed as that is not does not align with microsofts current "Buy once, play anywhere" mentality. PLEASE make it free for current xbox owners or the playerbased will be fractured into oblivion and the game WILL die. The pc release will be an EXTREMELY great thing for halo IF current owners get access. Or else it could end up being detrimental to the franchise and player base.
I genuinely haven't felt this excited for a game in so long. I suppose that's the power of nostalgia and the franchise; if it were anything else I doubt I would be so giddy in anticipation but Halo doesn't fail to capture my imagination and joy. I think its wonderful that all the PC players who have never experienced the series will finally get their chance, and what a game Reach is to kick it off! I can't wait!
Never been so excited to buy a game I already own... Thanks guys, this is amazing. Keep listening to your community, this is what all compagny should do.
(Oh and please, let us keep the same stats on xbox and PC !)
I look at the steam page and I don't believe it! It doesn't look real! It looks wrong in all of the right ways and I love it! I hoped for a few games on the Microsoft Store sure, but every single game, Reach, CE, 2 and 3 all on STEAM!!! Holy heck 343 have out-done themselves here, all I need to do is hope it isn't stupidly buggy.
Spoiler:
Show
Never been so excited to buy a game I already own... Thanks guys, this is amazing. Keep listening to your community, this is what all compagny should do.
To be honest the stats from Xbox would seem sorta invalid on PC, at least if you plan on converting to mouse and keyboard. Not that I have any strong feelings regarding this tho
I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand it would be nice to treat it as a single entity, but I would also like to keep my old stats from a decade ago separate for preservation purposes. Likewise, I'm certainly looking forward to earning all the achievements again - it's actually one of the things I'm most excited for. And if they aren't going to carry forth achievements, I'm not sure I'd want them doing it with my stats. Perhaps showing them in game but designating them "Legacy Statistics" would be the way to go.
Words cannot describe how elated I am that 343 is doing this. Halo 3 in particular was a huge part of my childhood, and seeing it come to PC after more than a decade is wonderful. It will also allow new people to experience the saga for themselves, and I think that they are in for something really special.
I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand it would be nice to treat it as a single entity, but I would also like to keep my old stats from a decade ago separate for preservation purposes. Likewise, I'm certainly looking forward to earning all the achievements again - it's actually one of the things I'm most excited for. And if they aren't going to carry forth achievements, I'm not sure I'd want them doing it with my stats. Perhaps showing them in game but designating them "Legacy Statistics" would be the way to go.
I can understand why you would like to keep your "legacy" stats. For me the legacy is not on MCC but on the original games, which you can still see in waypoint. When MCC came out we all had to redo all our stats, and honestly I don't wanna do it again ! (I'm aiming for the 600 achievements and if I have none on PC I will just continue on Xbox)

But I can understand too that, for poeple who never touched Halo and are trying for the time the multiplayer, being killed by level 50 will not be really fun !
So wait and see I guess !
I can understand why you would like to keep your "legacy" stats. For me the legacy is not on MCC but on the original games, which you can still see in waypoint. When MCC came out we all had to redo all our stats, and honestly I don't wanna do it again ! (I'm aiming for the 600 achievements and if I have none on PC I will just continue on Xbox)

But I can understand too that, for poeple who never touched Halo and are trying for the time the multiplayer, being killed by level 50 will not be really fun !
So wait and see I guess !
Sorry, I must have misunderstood! I totally agree with you that the legacy stats apply to the original games only. I have never played MCC so keeping stats from that wasn't what I intended. If I was a player coming from Xbox One to PC I think I'd want to maintain my stats.
I can't thank them enough either, so here it is again: Thanks!!