2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 23
I feel like this topic is irrelevant. DMR is not noob friendly it takes 5 shots and a head shot to kill someone. Don't ruin the game for everyone else because you can't hit your shots. Also the connection based halo 1 pistol with RNG spread is so much less skill than the actual accurate DMR of Halo Reach or BR of Halo 2. I'm glad there is less AR start in the game. Those games are completely based on power weapons and set ups and only give advantages to whole teams. How are you supposed to kill anyone on a team of 4 with power weapons if your teammates are pooping their pants with ARs. Keep it the way it is. Let us play cross platform and toggle input options and network options for matchmaking and it will be balanced.
Big, big disagree.

First off, the game gives out headshots like free candy. A HUGE percentage of kills are headshots. It's not like you earned those, they are given to you for shooting in general direction of the opponent. I can't count how many times my crosshair is centered on an opponents chest and I've scored a "headshot". It takes zero skill to land headshots, and that's part of the problem, and makes the already OP DMR even more ridiculous. If you actually had to aim at the head to hit the head, the balance would be improved greatly.

Second, not allowing new players a way to at least have fun is the fastest possible way to kill a game. It will be reduced to a few dozen die hards that play the game religiously. Since 343 is a business, I can't imagine this is what they want.

You talk about the Halo CE pistol, but the proof is in the pudding. Players of all skill levels could pick up CE and have fun, because the battles were varied and weren't reduced to camping behind corners. You could close the distance and engage from many angles and distances.
I feel like this topic is irrelevant. DMR is not noob friendly it takes 5 shots and a head shot to kill someone. Don't ruin the game for everyone else because you can't hit your shots. Also the connection based halo 1 pistol with RNG spread is so much less skill than the actual accurate DMR of Halo Reach or BR of Halo 2. I'm glad there is less AR start in the game. Those games are completely based on power weapons and set ups and only give advantages to whole teams. How are you supposed to kill anyone on a team of 4 with power weapons if your teammates are pooping their pants with ARs. Keep it the way it is. Let us play cross platform and toggle input options and network options for matchmaking and it will be balanced.
Big, big disagree.

First off, the game gives out headshots like free candy. A HUGE percentage of kills are headshots. It's not like you earned those, they are given to you for shooting in general direction of the opponent. I can't count how many times my crosshair is centered on an opponents chest and I've scored a "headshot". It takes zero skill to land headshots, and that's part of the problem, and makes the already OP DMR even more ridiculous. If you actually had to aim at the head to hit the head, the balance would be improved greatly.

Second, not allowing new players a way to at least have fun is the fastest possible way to kill a game. It will be reduced to a few dozen die hards that play the game religiously. Since 343 is a business, I can't imagine this is what they want.

You talk about the Halo CE pistol, but the proof is in the pudding. Players of all skill levels could pick up CE and have fun, because the battles were varied and weren't reduced to camping behind corners. You could close the distance and engage from many angles and distances.
Yes you can also spam the Halo CE pistol on someones head and they all "miss". Also the same thing happens to me on Reach where i will have the aimer centered on the head and it "misses" or it is red aimer slightly above with the center reticle touching the head and it still misses. I don't know if that is "handing them out like candy" as you put it. Halo has always been a skill based game and I don't think people salty about it are going to change anything.
Big, big disagree.

Yes you can also spam the Halo CE pistol on someones head and they all "miss". Also the same thing happens to me on Reach where i will have the aimer centered on the head and it "misses" or it is red aimer slightly above with the center reticle touching the head and it still misses. I don't know if that is "handing them out like candy" as you put it. Halo has always been a skill based game and I don't think people salty about it are going to change anything.
Yes, when over 50% of kills are headshots, that is giving them out like free candy. If you play a shooter where you actually have to aim at the head hitbox to score a headshot, the percentage is much smaller. I've played hundreds of hours of Quake and UT and when you use sniper rifle/railgun headshots will make up maybe 10% of kills with those weapons, and that's if you're proficient with them. I'm not sure what exactly causes the over representation of headshots, but there's a 1000+ reply thread on aim assist that might have something to do with it.
Big, big disagree.

Yes, when over 50% of kills are headshots, that is giving them out like free candy. If you play a shooter where you actually have to aim at the head hitbox to score a headshot, the percentage is much smaller. I've played hundreds of hours of Quake and UT and when you use sniper rifle/railgun headshots will make up maybe 10% of kills with those weapons, and that's if you're proficient with them. I'm not sure what exactly causes the over representation of headshots, but there's a 1000+ reply thread on aim assist that might have something to do with it.
Yeah I think you don't really know what you are talking about when you ave a 45% head shot accuracy with a very poor K.D and win rate in social. I think that these numbers are what apply to the "skill based" part of the game. If you don't enjoy it then I wouldn't play it. Also 10% head shot accuracy is very poor for any game. Even in COD and Fortnite I hit higher than 10% head shots. Aim assist is a big factor in this because it is so easy and slow to move the aimer on someones body but I barely hit a lower accuracy on M&K so I still don't understand what you are complaining about other than people hitting head shots on you and you missing head shots on them there for wanting AR starts in social.
Big, big disagree.

Yeah I think you don't really know what you are talking about when you ave a 45% head shot accuracy with a very poor K.D and win rate in social. I think that these numbers are what apply to the "skill based" part of the game. If you don't enjoy it then I wouldn't play it. Also 10% head shot accuracy is very poor for any game. Even in COD and Fortnite I hit higher than 10% head shots. Aim assist is a big factor in this because it is so easy and slow to move the aimer on someones body but I barely hit a lower accuracy on M&K so I still don't understand what you are complaining about other than people hitting head shots on you and you missing head shots on them there for wanting AR starts in social.
LOL you can't refute any of my arguments so you have to resort to "ur bad". Good one. Also LOL @ "don't play it". Yeah 90% of ppl that bought already "don't play it" because it isn't fun in it's current state.

Also, feel free to challenge me in UT (free on Epic games launcher) any time to see how "bad" I am. You're already on Fortnite, shouldn't be too hard, eh? Tag is "DeplorableACE", you can add me as a friend, and we can play few matches together.

LOL
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Big, big disagree.

LOL you can't refute any of my arguments so you have to resort to "ur bad". Good one. Also LOL @ "don't play it". Yeah 90% of ppl that bought already "don't play it" because it isn't fun in it's current state.

Also, feel free to challenge me in UT (free on Epic games launcher) any time to see how "bad" I am. You're already on Fortnite, shouldn't be too hard, eh?

LOL
Lol... Sorry but numbers speak the truth and less than 5 kills a game in social is very questionable. Anyone who has only played 100 games of 1 mode shouldn't be making decisions on game mechanics. Halo 5 Warzone might appeal to you. Also I only played Fortnite after Halo 5 crashed and burned in 2017-2018. I was actually a player that moved from every halo game that was released and I can say that there isn't any huge difference between this game and the other with the DMR start. Halo 2, BR start, Halo 3, BR start, Halo 4, BR start, Halo 5, 5 shot pistol, what is your comparison between these games and this game. The only game you compare Reach to is CE and games that are completely irrelevant to Halo. Sorry you aren't good at Halo but not everyone can be. This is a game where everyone spawns with the same weapons and same equal chances at winning, other than random teammates, and I'm sad to say that you are one of those random teammates.
What's your epic gamertag?
I've also played in online tournaments and have been on several leader boards. Not sure where you are on those with a .4 kd and 43% win rate. I would suggesting practicing maybe and examining the problems around the game before complaining on the forums about "handing out head shots". You are also playing on bloom and saying that you are aiming at the chest and getting a head shot without realizing that the bloom is randomizing the direction of the bullet. These are common mistakes from people not familiar with the game. Try out some Hardcore and then talk about whether or not the DMR is OP or not XD
You are completely missing the point. This has nothing to do with skill.
Page 20 of this discussion is quickly tumbling towards toddler intellect. "You are bad, I am better than you" is such a childish and wast-of-time online conversation, above all it is the most clear sign that a brain is not capable of forming complex thoughts and communicating these, please stop it before it poisons your whole person IRL as well. And please don't challenge each other for a 1v1. And if you really want do, than do it through PM not in the thread. You will only embarrass yourself.

SPARTAkickASS
Your arguments don't even hold because if DeplorablACE is as bad you think he is, than the fact that he has 45% headshot-accuracy speaks in favor of his argument and not of yours.

SPARTAkickASS
You should scan the thread before coming up with arguments that firstly, don't address the issues people are having with the extreme frequency of the DMR-start and secondly, have already been brought up countless times in this very thread. If your only counterargument to some valid and well thought out concerns is to 'git gut' you seriously have some life lesson ahead of you. Sure, you don't have to agree, but you need to learn to bring some brighter arguments to the table than this pathetic squabble.
I feel like this topic is irrelevant. DMR is not noob friendly it takes 5 shots and a head shot to kill someone. Don't ruin the game for everyone else because you can't hit your shots. Also the connection based halo 1 pistol with RNG spread is so much less skill than the actual accurate DMR of Halo Reach or BR of Halo 2.
It would have been better to say "I only played Halo CE for like an hour so I can't comment on it" instead of blowing up your credibility like that.
SalvoFatts wrote:
I feel like this topic is irrelevant. DMR is not noob friendly it takes 5 shots and a head shot to kill someone. Don't ruin the game for everyone else because you can't hit your shots. Also the connection based halo 1 pistol with RNG spread is so much less skill than the actual accurate DMR of Halo Reach or BR of Halo 2.
It would have been better to say "I only played Halo CE for like an hour so I can't comment on it" instead of blowing up your credibility like that.
Yes except I got a Halo CE 50 on MCC and played it for many hours. Enough to realize that the pistol is 100% rng and connection based and changes from game to game. Three shots on host. 7 off. Sorry I played these games a lot more than some other people.
Tazer007 wrote:
Page 20 of this discussion is quickly tumbling towards toddler intellect. "You are bad, I am better than you" is such a childish and wast-of-time online conversation, above all it is the most clear sign that a brain is not capable of forming complex thoughts and communicating these, please stop it before it poisons your whole person IRL as well. And please don't challenge each other for a 1v1. And if you really want do, than do it through PM not in the thread. You will only embarrass yourself.

SPARTAkickASSYour arguments don't even hold because if DeplorablACE is as bad you think he is, than the fact that he has 45% headshot-accuracy speaks in favor of his argument and not of yours.

SPARTAkickASSYou should scan the thread before coming up with arguments that firstly, don't address the issues people are having with the extreme frequency of the DMR-start and secondly, have already been brought up countless times in this very thread. If your only counterargument to some valid and well thought out concerns is to 'git gut' you seriously have some life lesson ahead of you. Sure, you don't have to agree, but you need to learn to bring some brighter arguments to the table than this pathetic squabble.
45% is very poor in halo. I have 65-70 on my two accounts. I also have over 15,000 kills on the game. If you want AR start then go into customs on your own time and do it.
Tazer007 wrote:

SPARTAkickASSYour arguments don't even hold because if DeplorablACE is as bad you think he is, than the fact that he has 45% headshot-accuracy speaks in favor of his argument and not of yours.

SPARTAkickASSYou should scan the thread before coming up with arguments that firstly, don't address the issues people are having with the extreme frequency of the DMR-start and secondly, have already been brought up countless times in this very thread. If your only counterargument to some valid and well thought out concerns is to 'git gut' you seriously have some life lesson ahead of you. Sure, you don't have to agree, but you need to learn to bring some brighter arguments to the table than this pathetic squabble.
45% is very poor in halo. I have 65-70 on my two accounts. I also have over 15,000 kills on the game. If you want AR start then go into customs on your own time and do it.
That's the point. If 45% accuracy is labeled poor, it means that it's way too easy, smarty-pants.
power weapons and map control are a key part of Halo dude. Aiming skill isn't the only type of skill that should matter in an FPS, also Reach's slow movement, along with bullet magnetism and the DMR being a hitscan weapon make it pretty damn easy to use. Basically all your opinions are wrong
SalvoFatts wrote:
Yes except I got a Halo CE 50 on MCC and played it for many hours. Enough to realize that the pistol is 100% rng and connection based and changes from game to game. Three shots on host. 7 off. Sorry I played these games a lot more than some other people.
If you didn't play actual boomer Halo CE over LAN then you didn't play Halo CE.
Tazer007 wrote:

You are completely oblivious to any logical reasoning. In your purile attempt at bragging, you've proven my point that there are way too many headshots.
AR/pistol starts for more casual games would make things a hundred percent better. Doubly so for the CE:A maps that just don't work with DMR starts. Loading up maps like Highnoon for BTB Slayer just make me groan every time, because the lower portions of the map would just be largely neglected due to the DMRs dominating 80% of the map,
This issue still hasn't been addressed after the latest update? What are they even doing up there?
Soulfire72 wrote:
This issue still hasn't been addressed after the latest update? What are they even doing up there?
Working on Infinite and bringing all the other MCC games to PC?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 23