1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. ...
  7. 23
I agree.
Heads up, 343 may have actually listened.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/mcc-multiplayer-feedback-pc/46d5cc54-4a2d-478d-89c6-ec27fd8ef84a/posts?page=88#post1760
I believe it when I see it. Right now it's their typical "we are discussing" answer with no results in sight, just like politics.
Nuss902928 wrote:
Yeah because the game has the same head shot registration issues on m&k and controller. Therefore making them even beyond aim assist. I've played plenty of both to know that the registration is spotty and the servers are questionable. Sorry I don't only play 100 games of social (with bloom) and complain about DMRs. I ran plenty of social the other day and realized yes the headshots are more randomized and RNG from the bloom yet you are just complaining about DMRs. I also got tons of AR start slayer matches so I don't understand what your complaint is other than you don't properly use the DMR and you wish it was removed from social play XD
Interesting, you got "tons" of AR starts when Im yet to find a player that has got more than 10 in their entire time playing the game and some are tier 100. Also interesting that most people here say the same... I would assume you're greatly exaggerating when you say "tons".

Also it's always amusing when people play the "you don't know how to use it" card. Who said they were getting beat by it? I come first in most matches. It doesn't mean I like it though. I know how to use a DMR. But do you think it's fun spamming DMR from cover for an entire match? Cause I sure as hell don't, it's boring. I miss.... oh I don't know.... maybe leaving cover into the open for more than 5 seconds without being spammed fired?

A reminder to everyone as well that this guy is basically saying the following. "I do well in matches, therefore there is nothing wrong with DMR starts". @SPARTAkickASS, I don't think people are saying "Oh I can't win and it's the DMR's fault" People are saying "I want to play NORMAL Halo Reach" Not some extra game type.
The extra game type would be adding AR starts to games that shouldn’t have it. Play social 4v4 slayer and there’s a 50% chance you get AR start. I remember old halo reach and guess what gun I remember using as a big team noob... the DMR. I don’t remember the game every being a majority of AR start and hoarding power weapons. Sorry that this implementation of the old game makes so many of you upset you have to aim with precision. If it’s so awful stop playing it or figure out what you like 😂 I also didn’t say get good or get used to it. I simply saw the owner of this post only played 100 games (social bloom) and had 500 kills and 1300 deaths. These are the classic stats of someone unfamiliar with halo. I personally think people of such inexperience shouldn’t be on here complaining about making huge changes to the game which would cut off an entire portion of the fan base. It won’t happen and 343 isn’t listening. They are simply a filter for these complaints so they can hand the real ones to the actual studios working on this game. A ton of people don’t understand what is going on in production and still probably won’t. It’s pretty sad to get on these forums and see.
According to his bio this guy is 21. He was 11 or 10 when Halo Reach was out and 3-4 when Halo 1 was out xD . Let that sink in everyone. Classic 343 fan boy who never actually played Halo.
I'm also 21 however my favorite Halo is Halo 2 followed very closely by Halo 3 and I still remember how excited I was on Christmas 2007 to finally be able to play them after I played Halo at my friend's house. My brother got the newer Halo 3 and I got Halo 2 but I couldn't have been happier to get the older one, probably my best and most well used Christmas present ever.

TLDR: being young doesn't mean you are a 343 fanboy, I prefer the Bungie games FAR more.
You're right, just because you're young doesn't mean you would prefer 343 over Bungie in every case. In your case, your introduction to the franchise was in the Bungie era, so logically speaking you would prefer those games (as you were around to appreciate the games at their prime).

But for most young fans their first game would have been Halo 4 or maybe Reach. Which is why NZL brought this up.
Terg500 wrote:
Heads up, 343 may have actually listened.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/mcc-multiplayer-feedback-pc/46d5cc54-4a2d-478d-89c6-ec27fd8ef84a/posts?page=88#post1760
I believe it when I see it. Right now it's their typical "we are discussing" answer with no results in sight, just like politics.
Yep, which is why I used the phrase "may have actually listened".
Lol that's been the concept of Halo I think not. Halo 1 was AR pistol with a limited comp scene. Then Halo 2 was majority BR start. Halo 3, majority BR start. Every Halo that was after these games had precision weaponry in competitive game play. I understand having both weapons and knowing when to use them because of when Halo 5 had AR and pistol in competitive. Which they also changed about 2 seasons in. Halo uses precision weaponry to be able to counter power weapons and clutch certain situations. Sorry I'm just a troll to a bunch of plebs but I understand wtf Halo is about. I know you guys quit playing after halo 2 or halo 3 and want to -Yoink- and cry on here about precision weapons because they are "difficult and require skill" XD it's just sad there are people like this in 2020. Nut up and learn to use the guns XD if it is so easy to hit head shots (through the registration issues) then go into hardcore without bloom and see how easy it is for your 50% head shot accuracy and negativee KDs. I guarantee you it wont be good as soon as you get 10 or 20 levels up. troll troll troll all you want but you wont ever change competitive halo.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I feel like this topic is irrelevant. DMR is not noob friendly it takes 5 shots and a head shot to kill someone. Don't ruin the game for everyone else because you can't hit your shots. Also the connection based halo 1 pistol with RNG spread is so much less skill than the actual accurate DMR of Halo Reach or BR of Halo 2. I'm glad there is less AR start in the game. Those games are completely based on power weapons and set ups and only give advantages to whole teams. How are you supposed to kill anyone on a team of 4 with power weapons if your teammates are pooping their pants with ARs. Keep it the way it is. Let us play cross platform and toggle input options and network options for matchmaking and it will be balanced.
You are wrong. The DMR has never taken 6 shots to kill. It takes 4 body shots + 1 head shot to kill or ***4 head shots with the new bleedthrough system the TU introduced.***

***EDIT***: After some testing, I think this is likely false. Apologies, I read it somewhere and believed it to be true based on experiences I had in-game.
EDIT 2: Actually it isn't false, maybe it just isn't active in BTB for some reason. You can see it in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XyyRhUsnWY
Bro you're an idiot I said 5 shots, and a headshot. as in 4 bodies and 1 head but one must be a headshot. Now play hardcore on controller and center your aimer and i guarantee you will still have to 6 shot people. I shoot 5 all day and sometimes dont even break shields because of connection and registration. This is a real problem people should be talking about. Not DMR start.
Don't call me an idiot because you dont know how to structure a sentence. Even with that comma you've tried to sneak in it doesn't make sense.
I feel like this topic is irrelevant. DMR is not noob friendly it takes 5 shots and a head shot to kill someone. Don't ruin the game for everyone else because you can't hit your shots. Also the connection based halo 1 pistol with RNG spread is so much less skill than the actual accurate DMR of Halo Reach or BR of Halo 2. I'm glad there is less AR start in the game. Those games are completely based on power weapons and set ups and only give advantages to whole teams. How are you supposed to kill anyone on a team of 4 with power weapons if your teammates are pooping their pants with ARs. Keep it the way it is. Let us play cross platform and toggle input options and network options for matchmaking and it will be balanced.
You are wrong. The DMR has never taken 6 shots to kill. It takes 4 body shots + 1 head shot to kill or ***4 head shots with the new bleedthrough system the TU introduced.***

***EDIT***: After some testing, I think this is likely false. Apologies, I read it somewhere and believed it to be true based on experiences I had in-game.
EDIT 2: Actually it isn't false, maybe it just isn't active in BTB for some reason. You can see it in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XyyRhUsnWY
Bro you're an idiot I said 5 shots, and a headshot. as in 4 bodies and 1 head but one must be a headshot. Now play hardcore on controller and center your aimer and i guarantee you will still have to 6 shot people. I shoot 5 all day and sometimes dont even break shields because of connection and registration. This is a real problem people should be talking about. Not DMR start.
Don't call me an idiot because you dont know how to structure a sentence. Even with that comma you've tried to sneak in it doesn't make sense.
Reading the original comment it indeed sounds like he said 5 shots AND a headshot = 6 shots
Normally I’d be against AR/Magnum starts, especially in BTB where it would be silly to have people running around with peashooters that can’t function at most of the ranges the maps are built for. However, the DMR is just far too strong to be a starting weapon and I’d at least be curious to see how an AR/magnum BTB would play out. Since a better balanced utility weapon like the BR doesn’t exist in Reach, AR/magnum starts is definitely the lesser evil.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
Thanks for ruining the game! Now you're getting dominated because the other team controls the DMR spawns and the magnum is not a good fit to fight back so basically your whining made the game even worst.
Thanks for ruining the game! Now you're getting dominated because the other team controls the DMR spawns and the magnum is not a good fit to fight back so basically your whining made the game even worst.
I've yet to experience that in the game. Most matches have been quite enjoyable... maybe it's the skill matching for you. In that case, you would be at the same place with DMR starts; just worse because you can't even put a leg in an open area.

As I see it, if you lose control of all precision weapons (counting at least 1 or 2 Needle Rifles and 1 or 2 DMRs, at YOUR base most of the time), power weapons and semi-power weapons (Needler at the right times, Grenade Launcher, Concussion Rifle...) that's on you, your team and the matchmaking system. DMR starts wouldn't improve anything, you're going to get dominated as well; just by Rockets and Snipers instead of DMRs. In that situation that I haven't seen a single time in my entire Halo time (even in SMG starts, where you always got at least a dual-wielding combination), you deserve to lose the match. Map control is just as important as knowing how to perform properly to get another weapons or to steal them with dynamic strategies, effectiveness and precision. Furthermore, Magnum is by no means useless. It covers most common ranges and at close to mid distance absolutely destroys a DMR user if used correctly; you can't counter appropiately a DMR from extreme range just like you can't compete in a suitable way with a Sniper with your DMR (assuming you get a DMR start). Given the case that you don't feel valuable at range with that gun, just avoid range combat until you find another precision weapon or a sniper. Keep your distance, melee with the buffed TU Assault Rifle. Try to assist your teammates until one of those enemies see their ammo depleted or they're outskilled from an unexpected tactic or attack; after that, there's a turn of power in you favour. That's the point: constant turns of power and variety of playstyles.

As for "ruining the game", DMR starts already ruined it until lots of players that wanted a less dominating utility weapon left the game. Spawn killing at range and spamming abuse was becoming annoying due to the Title Update. If anything, 4v4 Slayer has improved the feeling these days. You are still able to shoot at players from a certain distance, it's not like old AR starts or SMG starts. Picking mindless runners and uncovered players (you can't really blame map design, as by that logic every scenary would be bad in Halo and that's definitely not true, they just weren't designed for that strong of a gun) from behind at extreme distances is not fun for anyone. When the number of DMRs is decreased, the problem ends aside from a few concrete cases that eventually tend to end if they trust the gun too much and don't rely on any strategy. Ammunition control becomes a thing and teamwork is encouraged to regain any kind of map control.

In my opinion, the actual problem in all Halos (not exclusively Reach) is that their maps, weapon spawn points and gameplay are always created with some type of auto starts, and suddenly a precision weapon becomes the norm making the scenaries look as if they were poorly designed. This has not been the case in Halo 5, where AR + Pistol was built from the beginning, and it worked perfectly. Just keep the same settings for Reach; in fact it's quite similar as players also take DMRs/Light Rifles there and still are countered at ranges the Pistol is not the best. Honesly, I don't really understand how people who can't move a feet in AR + Pistol starts might have a chance in DMR starts.
I've yet to experience that in the game. Most matches have been quite enjoyable... maybe it's the skill matching for you. In that case, you would be at the same place with DMR starts; just worse because you can't even put a leg in an open area.

As I see it, if you lose control of all precision weapons (counting at least 1 or 2 Needle Rifles and 1 or 2 DMRs, at YOUR base most of the time), power weapons and semi-power weapons (Needler at the right times, Grenade Launcher, Concussion Rifle...) that's on you, your team and the matchmaking system. DMR starts wouldn't improve anything, you're going to get dominated as well; just by Rockets and Snipers instead of DMRs. In that situation that I haven't seen a single time in my entire Halo time (even in SMG starts, where you always got at least a dual-wielding combination), you deserve to lose the match. Map control is just as important as knowing how to perform properly to get another weapons or to steal them with dynamic strategies, effectiveness and precision. Furthermore, Magnum is by no means useless. It covers most common ranges and at close to mid distance absolutely destroys a DMR user if used correctly; you can't counter appropiately a DMR from extreme range just like you can't compete in a suitable way with a Sniper with your DMR (assuming you get a DMR start). Given the case that you don't feel valuable at range with that gun, just avoid range combat until you find another precision weapon or a sniper. Keep your distance, melee with the buffed TU Assault Rifle. Try to assist your teammates until one of those enemies see their ammo depleted or they're outskilled from an unexpected tactic or attack; after that, there's a turn of power in you favour. That's the point: constant turns of power and variety of playstyles.

As for "ruining the game", DMR starts already ruined it until lots of players that wanted a less dominating utility weapon left the game. Spawn killing at range and spamming abuse was becoming annoying due to the Title Update. If anything, 4v4 Slayer has improved the feeling these days. You are still able to shoot at players from a certain distance, it's not like old AR starts or SMG starts. Picking mindless runners and uncovered players (you can't really blame map design, as by that logic every scenary would be bad in Halo and that's definitely not true, they just weren't designed for that strong of a gun) from behind at extreme distances is not fun for anyone. When the number of DMRs is decreased, the problem ends aside from a few concrete cases that eventually tend to end if they trust the gun too much and don't rely on any strategy. Ammunition control becomes a thing and teamwork is encouraged to regain any kind of map control.

In my opinion, the actual problem in all Halos (not exclusively Reach) is that their maps, weapon spawn points and gameplay are always created with some type of auto starts, and suddenly a precision weapon becomes the norm making the scenaries look as if they were poorly designed. This has not been the case in Halo 5, where AR + Pistol was built from the beginning, and it worked perfectly. Just keep the same settings for Reach; in fact it's quite similar as players also take DMRs/Light Rifles there and still are countered at ranges the Pistol is not the best. Honesly, I don't really understand how people who can't move a feet in AR + Pistol starts might have a chance in DMR starts.
Is it only Slaver 4v4? I haven't gotten a chance to play this week. I prefer the objective based 4v4 modes as they encourage movement over the map and less camping of item spawns happens and I hope they increased the chance for all regular 4v4 modes
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
Spoiler:
Show
Social 4v4 slayer is great again. I am now satisfied with the frequency of the AR starts. Many weapons are used again. Thanks for that.
Now I'm looking forward to your BTB experiment.

You talk a good game but then I saw you K/D ratio all your words just lost credit. DMR is not a power weapon but spawns control has always been an issue on every halo game but at least on other games, you have decent weapons to fight back. The only reason why you guys wanted the DMR starts avoided it's to control the DMR spawns it's to have an advantage over the other players because you felt the DMR was a "PRO" weapon and not everybody should be able to have it from the start. This happened before with the BR on Halo 5 and Halo 2 BR.
<p>&lt;p&gt;&lt;/p&gt;</p>
K/D only reflects how many objective games you played and how bad were you at launch. Also shows the matchmaking skill failure and a guy who just played for fun and ignored stats. I'm already improving that K/D but it's literally imposible because I was paired in the past with extremely good players. It got worse and worse, that's not a reason to counter my arguments. Now I'm better than average and don't go through here saying "hey your KD is bad why would I trust you". There are people with bad KD, just like there are good KDs here. That's not a reason to prevent anyone from enjoying the gametype of their preference. Come on, have a valuable discussion.

If you think I and many others just want AR + Pistol starts to only control the DMR starts, I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously. People like you don't understand different opinions nor even try new ways of playing. Begin by reading the posts about Magnum starts and then return here. And by the way, I perform quite well in every classic utility weapons starts, namely BR, DMR or CE/5 Magnum starts. I don't have any issues with them, just want to be able to play the other ones. Moreover, I tend to use most guns on the field in every game type so it's not my purpose to control "DMR spawns". And even then, did you know you had some of them in your base to fight for? Did you know Needle Rifles existed? Other weapons? That your Magnum can be useful? I don't consider the DMR/BR PRO weapons whatsoever, where did you see me saying that?

Either accept you're in the minority, just like people who liked AR/SMG starts in the past and still aren't able to play them (AR + Magnum is something at least in Reach), or play Ranked until 343 gives you an option in the Composer. But seeing the quality of reasoning here I don't even feel the need to do that. Don't queue it if you don't like it.
I'd feel like removing the dmr would remove the flow of the current game, but I feel like it will become better over time without dmr starts. The main issue that this game has is the maps in which you have dmr starts. They pretty much just promote camping and shooting across the map.
They did it. I love it. Can't believe they listened. Games are way more dynamic now. Not just DMR spam from across the map. Pinnacle is fun to play now. TY 343. Loving Reach at the moment.
I must have terrible luck, still getting a majority of DMR starts in 4v4S. Although FFA is working as intended for me and is a LOT of fun.
I love that 343 made more AR/Magnum starts more frequent but they should have completely removed DMR starts. It would have absolutely been the healthier choice for reach.

Anyways at least now it feels good getting kills/killed by guns that aren't a DMR more frequently.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. ...
  7. 23