1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 21
  4. 22
  5. ...
  6. 23
Everyone said I would spend each round getting destroyed by the guy with a dmr but I didn't?
bug???
Everyone said I would spend each round getting destroyed by the guy with a dmr but I didn't?
bug???
Yeah! Why have I not been locked down without a way to fight back because the enemy team has all the power weapons and DMRs? It's almost as if all those predictions were complete bullcrap :O
bug???
Yeah! Why have I not been locked down without a way to fight back because the enemy team has all the power weapons and DMRs? It's almost as if all those predictions were complete bullcrap :O
Indeed. The Pistol is totally capable of destroying even DMR players after I played some AR starts. Downside is that is has less ammo so you have to be careful (no problem with controller headshot aim assist though), otherwise a good choice as a starting weapon. Why does the DMR even exist in this game? It's not unique like the old burst-shot BR's and basically just a pistol clone with more ammo.
Please keep DMR starts! I cant stand the AR starts, I spend half the game running around trying to find a decent weapon while trying not to waste all my magnum ammo.
Please keep DMR starts! I cant stand the AR starts, I spend half the game running around trying to find a decent weapon while trying not to waste all my magnum ammo.
Welcome to the way Halo is meant to be played. Learn the spawns, control the map, get good.

Tbh there are plenty of DMRs on each map, you just need to know where to look.
I just want to add my name to the list of people that prefer AR/pistol starts. Big team battle has always been one of my most played modes dating back to the Halo 2 days and yet I find myself completely avoiding the playlist now in pc Reach because it's NOTHING but DMR starts. BTB to me is a wonderful chaotic mix of everything that makes Halo unique, with vehicles and power weapons all adding to the fun. With DMR starts on pc Reach, BTB just turns into the same lifeless snipefest every time, especially since the TU and aiming with a mouse make the DMR far deadlier than it was back in 360 Reach's heyday.
I just played AR/Magnum starts on 4v4 Boardwalk, and it was a far better experience than DMR starts. Encounters were more interesting, you had to think about how you approach fights more, and you had to look around the map and find the right tool for the job. You could also go out in the open for more than a fraction of a second.

There were only maybe 1 or 2 DMR users per team, and while the DMR was effective, it wasn't dominant as they could be easily outnumbered by other players as a priority target by a well-coordinated team. It was well balanced. This is what Halo should feel like. BTB is no exception.
AR BTB is super fun imo. The DMR is a real utility weapon again (what is utility if everyone has the same utility?) and the map opens up a little. You gotta think and time your movements through the open and vehicles are back in the game as well. There are always 2 or 3 DMR/NR players per side. If they take on a strong position it is very satisfying to push them from that position and take over. The pistol is also surprisingly effective now people had some more time with it. I'd say, merge the two playlists and make it 50/50!
Tazer007 wrote:
AR BTB is super fun imo. The DMR is a real utility weapon again (what is utility if everyone has the same utility?) and the map opens up a little. You gotta think and time your movements through the open and vehicles are back in the game as well. There are always 2 or 3 DMR/NR players per side. If they take on a strong position it is very satisfying to push them from that position and take over. The pistol is also surprisingly effective now people had some more time with it. I'd say, merge the two playlists and make it 50/50!
Agree on everything except the merge part. I don't think DMR starts is fun at all, and landing me in a DMR start game would either bore me or make me leave on start.
Memorize the spawns. Here's a site with a few decent overhead maps showing where they are (might be a little tricky to navigate, but it's a good resource). There's plenty of decent weapons, even ones you wouldn't expect. For example: Don't turn your nose up at a plasma pistol if your options are limited, even if it seems weak at first glance. Plasma pistol charge shot followed by a Magnum headshot is deadly, especially in close quarters. Conserves ammo too. Also stuns vehicles.

Assault Rifle and Plasma Repeater tear -Yoink- through health, especially the latter so if you see someone with no shields, use them. If I can't find any better weapons, I keep an eye on other fights, and go in for the kill when everyone's shields are out, helping when my buddies have done a huge dent but are about to die.
When I bought reach I was very excited to play Btb (one of my fav modes since h3), but after a couple of matches, I noticed that the vehicles were getting destroyer, some times almost instantly (banshee) when they left the base, at first I thought it was a bug but It didn´t take me very long to notice it was the DMR, it was very frustrating for me (i love to drive) to see that the people started to just didn´t bother to take the artillery seat and pick other weapons from the ground.

I actually stopped playing reach for a month I think, it just wasn´t that fun for me except for action shack, swat and another couple of playlist.

I recently played the AR experimental mode of Btb with a friend, and HOLY "!"!"!"!"!" I was finally having some fun!, I could actually drive! and people start using more weapons and the players were combating more close and trying to capture point of advantage and not just shoot from the base to base!, I FINALLY HAVE A FLAG MATCH THAT DIDN´T END WHIT A "0 - 0" SCORE!

And no, in any match I feel we where getting busted because somebody got a DMR because one or two ain´t a problem but 8 with almost unlimited ammo (because all the corpses had a DMR) well that's a different beast.

I don´t remember the DMR been so powerfull when I used to play OG Reach, I don't know if is it because of the TU + KW accuracy but I can't lie I been having a blast whit this new mode.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 21
  4. 22
  5. ...
  6. 23