2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
WolfiAUT wrote:
jokinges wrote:
Ok, let's be real here guys. I bought each one of the games the first time they came out for 60$ buck a piece. Then i paid full price again for the MCC on Xbox. Now you want me to pay full price again? Nope not going to happen.
Well, then you'll not play it on PC. 343 doesn't care.
This, specially considering all the working being done on these ports, it might be because of years of neglect from Microsoft (GFWL) but I think they're doing this in the best way possible.
I'd pay $50 aud anymore than that is just over priced
Mep Ahoo wrote:
WolfiAUT wrote:
jokinges wrote:
Ok, let's be real here guys. I bought each one of the games the first time they came out for 60$ buck a piece. Then i paid full price again for the MCC on Xbox. Now you want me to pay full price again? Nope not going to happen.
Well, then you'll not play it on PC. 343 doesn't care.
This, specially considering all the working being done on these ports, it might be because of years of neglect from Microsoft (GFWL) but I think they're doing this in the best way possible.
Exactly. I don't get how people always want free stuff without thinking. Would they work without getting paid?
I think, for the whole collection 40$ is about reasonable. Anymore, for what is essentially a re-release of a remaster of decade-old games would be a silly.
PC owners are generally a lot more frugal with their money than Xbox users, so MS trying to jam their gravemind tentacles into our wallets wouldn't go down well.
I think, for the whole collection 40$ is about reasonable. Anymore, for what is essentially a re-release of a remaster of decade-old games would be a silly.
PC owners are generally a lot more frugal with their money than Xbox users, so MS trying to jam their gravemind tentacles into our wallets wouldn't go down well.
I know there's good odds I'll just wait until the first big steam sale after release to buy it and I'm not the only one. Wouldn't be surprised if it was priced at $60 with the plan to reduce it by a third a lot on sales.
I know there's good odds I'll just wait until the first big steam sale after release to buy it and I'm not the only one. Wouldn't be surprised if it was priced at $60 with the plan to reduce it by a third a lot on sales.
60€$ for 5 games is still an awesome deal - they COULD sell it for 100 for 5 games and still get enough sales.
Heronimon wrote:
Personally I'd pay full price. But realistically to garner good faith and considering it is an old title I'd say at least half price would be ideal.
It won't be half price, 3/4 full price at least.
Hurbii wrote:
Heronimon wrote:
Personally I'd pay full price. But realistically to garner good faith and considering it is an old title I'd say at least half price would be ideal.
It won't be half price, 3/4 full price at least.
If they charge $75 New Zealand dollars per title they're absolutely taking the piss.
i think as long as you own the game you shouldnt have to pay at all. Cuz im pretty sure that you have to log into your xbox live account to be able to play anyways so it should register your purchases but i could be wrong. Id still prob buy it either way.
i think as long as you own the game you shouldnt have to pay at all. Cuz im pretty sure that you have to log into your xbox live account to be able to play anyways so it should register your purchases but i could be wrong. Id still prob buy it either way.
But why? They're putting time and effort into putting it on PC - why would they give it out for free for people who owned it on another platform?

Do you love your job that much that you'd do it without getting payed?
Full MCC will prob be 60. What I would want to know is if I buy each title separate as they come out, am i going to get boned and it adding up to be more if i waited till all titles got released.
HoshiOkii wrote:
Full MCC will prob be 60. What I would want to know is if I buy each title separate as they come out, am i going to get boned and it adding up to be more if i waited till all titles got released.
I think they said no, but i have no source. Although it is likely that you would get some discount (like 5%) for buying it as a "collection" or w.e as thats what steam usually does.
Guess each game will cost between 10 and 15 USD, so a final price between 60 and 90 USD.
WolfiAUT wrote:
But why? They're putting time and effort into putting it on PC - why would they give it out for free for people who owned it on another platform?

Do you love your job that much that you'd do it without getting payed?
I think its about keeping halo alive until Halo infinite and its a testing ground for halo on pc. It will be their trial and error for infinite.
Probably gonna be like $90 here knowing Australian prices ;[
Probably gonna be like $90 here knowing Australian prices ;[
Big F - but do you earn that much more in relation?
This is probably the hardest question to ask, even harder to answer. There doesn't seem to be any right answer that'll please everyone. If they release it at $10 each, the total would be $60, like it was at launch for Xbox One. However you'll have people complain because the current price on Xbox One is now $30. If they go for $5 each, you'll have people complaining that the Xbox One users were ripped off. If they charge $30 each, the total price would be too high. Finally if they charge $60 like new releases, you'll have yourself a s-storm.

If they were separate games then I could kind of justify the $30 each pricetag, as all of these are technically new releases for PC. However it's a collection with all the games in one game.

There's no winners here.
Lord Vipes wrote:
This is probably the hardest question to ask, even harder to answer. There doesn't seem to be any right answer that'll please everyone. If they release it at $10 each, the total would be $60, like it was at launch for Xbox One. However you'll have people complain because the current price on Xbox One is now $30. If they go for $5 each, you'll have people complaining that the Xbox One users were ripped off. If they charge $30 each, the total price would be too high. Finally if they charge $60 like new releases, you'll have yourself a s-storm.

If they were separate games then I could kind of justify the $30 each pricetag, as all of these are technically new releases for PC. However it's a collection with all the games in one game.

There's no winners here.
the saying "you can't please everyone" still lives to this day for a reason. Every release has always had a crowd complaining on literally any and every game.

The thing here is that nobody is taking into account that its not just 343 working on the port. Money has to be made to justify the costs.
It'll be higher than $30 for the full set, no doubt. It'd honestly be understandable if the total was $60 but the honest sweet spot for the entire thing is around $40.

edit: this means to achieve roughly $40, each game would indivudually be around $6.70 - $7. That would be for the full set though. Individually, may or may not be higher.
In the end it doesn't matter that much... it's Halo - it never was a bargain game, it's one of the biggest franchises in gaming history. Even if it's 20€$ a game, we'll still buy it, because it's Halo. The game series we love and care about.
I'd be willing to pay full price to relive the old days on PC. Now I just need a date. I'm guessing E3.
Seems a bit excessive because it is not new content or anything. I'm thinking in range below half price for each title. Potentially lower. Hopefully there will be a option to buy all in the one package.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6