Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Was Surprised With UE Halo CE Customization Model

OP SkullCrush3r114

I might have just been out of the loop but I was assuming Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo 2A would be getting Unreal engine Models for customization like Halo Reach, but I wasn't really sure what 343 was going to do with CE and OG Halo 2 just with the games being so old and with this flight I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm not saying I didn't see the Unreal Engine models coming for CE but they do look really good and that's more so what I'm surprised about! They capture that old look well with the nice crisp look of Unreal engine, which I wasn't really sure how well they would mesh together but it looks awesome! This is one small thing out of many things that makes me super excited to see what comes next with future updates!
The only thing that uses UR Engine is just the main menu. All the games themselves are not made of Unreal Engine just a whole different engine. Just to clarify :)
I didn't get into flight but I've seen it and it seems nice. Not too modern. Only criticism: a bit shiny for my tastes.
The only thing that uses UR Engine is just the main menu. All the games themselves are not made of Unreal Engine just a whole different engine. Just to clarify :)
I do know that all the games from CE to 5 use the same engine that's not unreal engine, I'm just reffering to the customization models in the customization menu which have the same animations as the original, but they are re-done with unreal engine that's what I was reffering to.
I do know that all the games from CE to 5 use the same engine that's not unreal engine, I'm just reffering to the customization models in the customization menu which have the same animations as the original, but they are re-done with unreal engine that's what I was reffering to.
Actually, Halo 5 uses a different engine than the previous games. It still contains traces of the original Blam Engine, to be sure, but it's definitely not the same engine used from CE through 4. 343 Deliberately moved away from the engine used in Reach and 4 because of limitations it imposed on them by its very design, requiring them to create a new engine to do the things they wanted to do for their next game.

Being a modder, and having dealt with the limitations of the Blam engine when using Custom Edition, [Not Allowed To Discuss At This Time], and even Reach... I completely understand why 343 went with a new engine instead of using and modifying the previous one, like they had done with the Reach engine for Halo 4. Believe me, they had PLENTY of reasons to change to a brand new engine.
the model itself isn’t bad but the visor just looks really off. i guess it’s the way ue4 handles it
It definitely looks unfinished but its still beta so it's at least excusable, all that really needs some changing in the visor and the blockyness of the armor. I at least think the visor will get some touch ups.