1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
After looking the trailer and gathering all the infos I could on the future release of MCC PC and its addition of Reach and all its content, I'm forced to ask the question of ODST firefight, people have been begging for it to be in MCC so I guess it's in the work to be added in the future right? Compared to porting Reach it seems like a small task ^^
At the moment that'd be the only thing the MCC would be lacking in term of content, can we get a confirmation about it being planned for further addition in the future?
They acknowledged it as a long term wish from the community but its not a priority in their development process right now. Maybe until after Halo 4 is out on the PC will we see this mode come out, but who knows.
They acknowledged it as a long term wish from the community but its not a priority in their development process right now. Maybe until after Halo 4 is out on the PC will we see this mode come out, but who knows.
I see, well maybe they could bring it when they release ODST on the PC version, it would make sense too :)
All we can do is hope that the game makes a crap ton of money. If it dose they will keep adding content to keep players coming.
I want it so bad. Halo 3 ODST's firefight is far superior to Reach's. I need it.
YunZhaelor wrote:
I see, well maybe they could bring it when they release ODST on the PC version, it would make sense too :)
That would be nice, but I'd bet more on them bringing it over after all of the content already on MCC and Reach are on PC.
Probably going to be one of the last things they do unfortunately... if they do it at all :(
I think they said they are going to try to do it after the launch of ODST on MCC pc
I want it so bad. Halo 3 ODST's firefight is far superior to Reach's. I need it.
I thought this too when reach first came out. but months and years later I found myself and my friends playing reaches fire fight far more. the only advantage odst had was two really, really good maps and most of the maps being pretty good in general. where reach had maybe one good map for it and the rest were just passable.
they can do it, but I do not think they do it at the same time as the release of h3 odst, maybe they add it in future updates
After every game is brought to pc I can see them adding it. Personally would love to see ODST firefight come back
YunZhaelor wrote:
Fully agree.
I do believe they will add it tho but not immidately but I dont think they want to put firefight over the release of the games.
Id imagine interest for ODST firefight mode will be renewed when it comes to it's turn for a PC release, Considering that its likely going to last time 343 is going to even think about ODST again, Plus all the work necessary to port a decade old game/engine to modern computers, It would make sense to do both around the same time-frame.
I’ve been waiting for ODST firefight for sooo long
Hopefully it is implemented at some point.
I thought this too when reach first came out. but months and years later I found myself and my friends playing reaches fire fight far more. the only advantage odst had was two really, really good maps and most of the maps being pretty good in general. where reach had maybe one good map for it and the rest were just passable.
The thing about Reach's firefight though as great as it is with the customization and other things like that which were all great but the main issue with Reach's was something major.

Firefight Classic wasn't classic Firefight and you couldn't make Classic Firefight if you wanted to. Remember how in ODST each round would add a new Skull and once the Set was done, at the start of the second set it would add even more alongside the ones that were already applied? You can't do that on Reach. You can only customize the first set. After the first set the skulls just reset and repeat over so it doesn't get any harder and harder the farther you go. That's what I loved about ODST's firefight and it's something Reach doesn't have which is why I prefer ODSTs. I loved how hard it got over time.

I want both Firefights.
The thing about Reach's firefight though as great as it is with the customization and other things like that which were all great but the main issue with Reach's was something major.

Firefight Classic wasn't classic Firefight and you couldn't make Classic Firefight if you wanted to. Remember how in ODST each round would add a new Skull and once the Set was done, at the start of the second set it would add even more alongside the ones that were already applied? You can't do that on Reach. You can only customize the first set. After the first set the skulls just reset and repeat over so it doesn't get any harder and harder the farther you go. That's what I loved about ODST's firefight and it's something Reach doesn't have which is why I prefer ODSTs. I loved how hard it got over time.

I want both Firefights.
Oh yeah i want both too. Tbh i wish they didn't abandon it after reach(warzone fire fight doesn't count). Reach feels so much like a middle step. Could you imagine halo 5s forge tools combined with making fire fight maps?

I want both Firefights.
Oh yeah i want both too. Tbh i wish they didn't abandon it after reach(warzone fire fight doesn't count). Reach feels so much like a middle step. Could you imagine halo 5s forge tools combined with making fire fight maps?
You have no idea for how long i've wanted to make my own Firefight maps. You always hear the same arguments for why it wouldn't work "The AI wouldn't know how to walk around Forge Objects" but threes a way to fix that. AI tend to follow certain pathways places by the devs, all they need to do is give us a Forge Object like any of the objective objects that turn invisible in an actual match but make the object a way of drawing those paths for the AI to follow with different ways of customizing them. Basically we could script the paths that would help them navigate around walls and such. Unfortunately that only remains a dream in my mind.

I want both Firefights.
You have no idea for how long i've wanted to make my own Firefight maps. You always hear the same arguments for why it wouldn't work "The AI wouldn't know how to walk around Forge Objects" but threes a way to fix that. AI tend to follow certain pathways places by the devs, all they need to do is give us a Forge Object like any of the objective objects that turn invisible in an actual match but make the object a way of drawing those paths for the AI to follow with different ways of customizing them. Basically we could script the paths that would help them navigate around walls and such. Unfortunately that only remains a dream in my mind.
Lol who uses that argument. Ai since ce have been able to walk around vehicles and even use them as cover. ODST even used it's newer dynamic pathfinding in its advertisements. And again they have had it since the start odst just improved it

I want both Firefights.
Lol who uses that argument. Ai since ce have been able to walk around vehicles and even use them as cover. ODST even used it's newer dynamic pathfinding in its advertisements. And again they have had it since the start odst just improved it
It was one I used to hear all the time. Either way they can give us the tools to fix that issue easily. I just hope it happens.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2