1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I want it so bad. Halo 3 ODST's firefight is far superior to Reach's. I need it.
I thought this too when reach first came out. but months and years later I found myself and my friends playing reaches fire fight far more. the only advantage odst had was two really, really good maps and most of the maps being pretty good in general. where reach had maybe one good map for it and the rest were just passable.
The thing about Reach's firefight though as great as it is with the customization and other things like that which were all great but the main issue with Reach's was something major.

Firefight Classic wasn't classic Firefight and you couldn't make Classic Firefight if you wanted to. Remember how in ODST each round would add a new Skull and once the Set was done, at the start of the second set it would add even more alongside the ones that were already applied? You can't do that on Reach. You can only customize the first set. After the first set the skulls just reset and repeat over so it doesn't get any harder and harder the farther you go. That's what I loved about ODST's firefight and it's something Reach doesn't have which is why I prefer ODSTs. I loved how hard it got over time.

I want both Firefights.
Oh yeah i want both too. Tbh i wish they didn't abandon it after reach(warzone fire fight doesn't count). Reach feels so much like a middle step. Could you imagine halo 5s forge tools combined with making fire fight maps?
You have no idea for how long i've wanted to make my own Firefight maps. You always hear the same arguments for why it wouldn't work "The AI wouldn't know how to walk around Forge Objects" but threes a way to fix that. AI tend to follow certain pathways places by the devs, all they need to do is give us a Forge Object like any of the objective objects that turn invisible in an actual match but make the object a way of drawing those paths for the AI to follow with different ways of customizing them. Basically we could script the paths that would help them navigate around walls and such. Unfortunately that only remains a dream in my mind.
Lol who uses that argument. Ai since ce have been able to walk around vehicles and even use them as cover. ODST even used it's newer dynamic pathfinding in its advertisements. And again they have had it since the start odst just improved it
It was one I used to hear all the time. Either way they can give us the tools to fix that issue easily. I just hope it happens.
Don't think it will. Both bungie and 343 never felt like fire fight was more than a gimmick
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2