Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

What additions to MCC would you like to see?

OP The Elite Elite

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
So, now that Halo 4 has been released on PC, the collection is officially complete. With that massive task now finished, what are some things you guys would like to see added to MCC to make it a more complete package. Obviously we know the custom games browser is something they’re working on. Crossplay for campaign and Spartan Ops would be great too, along with the extra Reach customization and the Halo 4 DLC armor getting added. But beyond these things, I’d personally love to see Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer get some love. Give some more Halo 2 classic MP maps the anniversary treatment. I’d love to see updated takes on maps like Terminal, Turf, and Containment. Honestly, pretty much every Halo 2 map was great, so I’d be happy to see any of them get added to H2 Anniversary MP. New customization for both Halo 2 classic and anniversary would be awesome as well.
Would love to see:
Halo Online maps.
Halo 4 dlc maps.
An improved report system, better afk system for booting.
Maybe include Spartan Ops matchmaking for players wanting to play certain missions or random.
Maybe they could include some more Halo 2A map remakes.
Also wouldn't mind if they included a Halo 3 firefight Flood firefight and the ability to play Halo 3 maps on Odst and vice-versa.
Option to choose which halo soundtrack I want to hear.
I'd like them to get rid of Competitive, it serves no real purpose anymore other then to tick people off.
something that shows population in ranked playlist.
matchmaking for coop campaign and spartan ops
More maps and armor customization.
Here's my wishlist for MCC. Beware- it is extremely long and crazy! If they could manage to do all of this (and have it be functional and not broken/ buggy) I would say MCC has everything I could have ever wanted.
  • Customs browser with a great deal of options for hosts to configure how the game operates. This includes options for a voting/ veto system. I would also like the ability to host campaign/ FF/ Spartan Ops games from the customs browser.
  • Crossplay in all PvE modes (as you say)
  • A complete overhaul of the matchmaking. I think the matchmaking needs to be thrown out and completely redone. It needs to do better with the kinds of players it chooses to match you with, there needs to be better map and game mode variety, and there needs to be better report/ banning systems for afks/ teamkillers.
  • A brand new UI. I think that the current UI is hot garbage and needs to go away. I would like it to be replaced with a UI resembling Halo 3 and Reach. Instead of having the games chunked down into separate menus, have individual menus for campaign, multiplayer, etc... and have the game be a selectable option in there. I hate the current horizontally scrolling menu that seems like it was made for a touch screen device and takes forever to find things. We should have a vertically scrolling list for selecting levels/ modes and less animations for ui elements.
  • Reintroduction of commendations/ improve the commendations system.
  • A better unlock system.
  • Ability to configure/ launch into new games from a currently running custom game. Basically, put the UI for the main menu as a selectable option in the pause menu so that when I am testing/ tweaking objective modes on my own maps I can go back and forth between forge and custom games directly without needing to load to the main menu.
  • Ability to configure music at the main menu. I think it would be cool if there was a "jukebox" menu in the main menu where you could configure music playlists to be played at various places in the UI as well as just being allowed to listen to the individual soundtracks.
  • Custom campaign playlists. Campaign playlists are configured through an XML file, so this is already possible but you have to disable EAC. I would like an option in the UI to create/ save/ share custom campaign playlists.
  • Complete removal of the local files limit/ add additional slots for file share. Let me fill up my harddrive. Come on, there's over four games in this collection and you limit me to like 50 saves?
  • Classic load screens option. When on, instead of seeing the MCC load screen you'd see a classic loading screen for the specific game. That means you would see the old ring load screen in Halo CEA, the spinning UNSC eagle when loading Halo 4, etc...
  • Modding toolkit/ better mod support. Allow us to separate mods out into their own menus on the main menu so we don't have to keep copying/ overwriting files for mods. Allow us to not have to disable EAC to play mods (just have the mods be separate). For people who want to host modded games, make an option so checksums of the clients' content needs to match that of the host's. I'd also like to see fairly extensive (and possibly easy to use) modding toolkits for all of the games in MCC.
  • Mutliplayer bots. It would be neat if they could develop some system where you could have (ideally somewhat intelligent) mutliplayer bots to fight against. I would actually pay money for this feature, even if it was just restricted to the built in maps (although it would be cool if there was a toolkit for configuring the bots in your own forged maps). I take issue with matchmaking in that it is still hard to find games in certain modes outside of slayer. It also would be nice to have a "bot hotswapping" feature for customs games in the customs browser. This way, if you choose to use it, human players could swap with bots (and vice versa) so the server always has some kind of population. This would make it easier to start/ maintain games.
  • Fix Halo CE (and all issues in other games). I would love to see the day where the version of Halo CE in MCC more closely matches the OG Xbox version of the game. I would also like to see the introduction of an HD HUD that better resembles to OG Xbox version's HUD. I don't like the skinny shield bar with the HUD he have in now. I would like to see a HUD like this.
-Mod Support
-Server Browser
-Main menu music selector
-Custom Campaign playlists
-Halo Online content
I just want a population counter so I dont waste my time looking for games that will never be filled
And the ability to search for multiple team sizes would be nice too but I believe they said that wasn't feasible
Balancing choices to help improve the gameplay, ie add damage fall off for midrange, buffs to auto weapons

add more forge mode maps, pick from a pool of community made and add them to the base game for a bit before rotating it around

better functionality of reporting and punishment for players that break the rules

control over the ui

being able to select from multiple gamemodes instead of just choosing one or having multiple in one pool, i want to play juggernaut but ive only gotten one game of it!
Crossplay for campaign and spartan ops would be nice
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
-Mod Support
-Server Browser
-Main menu music selector
-Custom Campaign playlists
-Halo Online content
Theres mods to change the horrendous and loud opening to the classic Halo 2 opening and mods to change the background (it is possible to do on your own if you edit the game files correctly but don't let evil 343 hear you do it and dont verify your game files with steam they will overwrite it with the default crap again)
  • Customizable HUD options
  • Main menu playlist option
  • Various unlockable stances/animations when in the Spartan customization menu (May be a cool addition to the season unlocks?)
    Spoiler:
    Show
  • Graphical restorative fixes for CE & Halo 2
  • Community-sourced nameplate designs, such as artists featured in the Spotlight
  • Option to play Classic Halo 2 with audio from the remaster, as is the case with CEA.
The ability to see other players Spartans in the lobby like how you could in previous entries. Also the ability to rewatch matches from all the games instead of just a select few (I believe it's CE and H2C where you can't rewatch matches).
  • Server Browser
  • Fix the Halo CE graphics consistently with OG xbox
  • Music player
  • Remove the competitive match
I'd like them to get rid of Competitive, it serves no real purpose anymore other then to tick people off.
You want this dead game to be even deader you are very intelligent I can see that. Level 40s in H3 dont have my respect. Go back to COD you baby.
If it wasn't for the challenges this season comp would be dead as a door nail because unless you win you get next to nothing and don't rank up and don't get me started on the matchmaking system, also judging people by their rank? that's not very intelligent at all, at least judge me by my K/D because I'm sorry I have other games I like to play over Halo. I've played halo since it came out in 2001 and have achievements in halo 3 on the 360 since it came out, I had to play single player mostly because i didn't have internet at my own home during that time and would have to walk to a friends house to even play multiplayer plus your rank was 46 so i don't want to hear it lol, my achievement score can attest to that. I also have never played COD in my life because it doesn't interest me do to its toxic community, as far as I'm concerned you don't have my Respect for being a troll.
I would absolutely love to be able to play Spartan Ops with my son on his computer, me on my computer, and my daughter on the X1.
Would definitely like to have the large scale firefight that Xbox does with Halo 5 since we are not getting that game in the mcc PC. It would be great if you want to chill and not stress yourself with just defeating other spartans.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3