Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

What additions to MCC would you like to see?

OP The Elite Elite

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Split screen of course!
I would LOVE to see a fully working Halo MCC with all features and a high player population. But, that's just a dream :'(
Well, splitscreen on pc would be the top thing on my list.
But the other one that I don't see mention very often is the ability to have a custom controller mapping in game.
Sure I can already use the xbox accessories app, but every time I'm in the menu I got to remember which button is assigned to which which is kind of a hassle...
Having it in game would be a reallly nice life improvement, and I feel not that hard to include since it's already there for keyboard and mouse (well maybe it is, I don't know).
Especially the ability to have different settings for character's control and vehicule's like on K&M.
A kick -Yoink- community.
Yea, I am not a fan of playing against other players, they tend to be erratic and ... difficult. But playing against the computer/program is better in my opinion.
KFBR451 wrote:
But the other one that I don't see mention very often is the ability to have a custom controller mapping in game.
Sure I can already use the xbox accessories app, but every time I'm in the menu I got to remember which button is assigned to which which is kind of a hassle...
Having it in game would be a reallly nice life improvement, and I feel not that hard to include since it's already there for keyboard and mouse (well maybe it is, I don't know).
Especially the ability to have different settings for character's control and vehicule's like on K&M.
Split screen, on my 29" monitor ... no thank you. As for controller mapping, that is why I use a controller. I HATE trying to remember which button does what.
I also think that players who stick around until mission completion after other teammates quit early should be allowed extra XP.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
A lot of suggestions for bots, both online fills and single player offline playing the various modes.

This was done very well in Unreal Tournament on pc back in 1999. You could give individual and groups commands to them and they would do it well. They also had about ten skill/difficulty levels.
gauntlet99 wrote:
KFBR451 wrote:
Split screen, on my 29" monitor ... no thank you. As for controller mapping, that is why I use a controller. I HATE trying to remember which button does what.
I understand that not every pc player would care to play splitscreen on one monitor, but more and more player have their pc linked to a tv, or have multiple monitors (I often played rocket league with a friend on my monitors and it's pretty awesome that both of us have a fullscreen game).
And to be fair I'm certain not every console player care for splitscreen either, to have the option on pc would be nice that's all.
As for the custom controller mapping, I wasn't suggesting that they should remove controller layouts, of course they should stay, but they could add the option on top of them.
I want to see Flood Firefight appearing in the next Halo Master Chief Collection updates. That will be great. I also would love to see the infinite ammo skull appearing in the Halo Reach campaign levels, Halo 3 campaign levels, Halo 3: ODST campaign levels and Halo 4 campaign levels.
Would like to see MCC service record updated to show medals.
Theater Mode for Halo 4's campaign and Spartan Ops..........and Theater Mode for every other game in the collection (that's probably a big ask, though).
Custom button mapping for controller, splitscreen, and one Vanilla Reach mode separate from the other Reach ones.
it would be nice if we could create own playlists per and crossgame with individual settings for difficulty and skull options, maybe even per mission
for more im gonna copypaste the 'additional content' section of my latest feedback
Other ideas / additional content:
Skulls
  • Bang Skull
A skull that replace gun sound effects with the 343 staff saying "bang"
  • Guerilla Skull
A skull that randomizes enemy spawns. Would be challenging, especially on LASO
  • Shielded Flood Skull
    One of the cut items from Halo 2 were Flood Carriers with Jackal shields, a skull that gives all Flood Carriers shields would be a cute way to bring this back
  • Banger Infection Skull
    Another cut enemy were exploding Infection Flood Form. This would be a very stupid yet beautifully challenging skull
  • Third Person Skull
    ODST features a cut fully functioning third person skull, having the camera behind the player
  • Skull for infinite health
  • Skull for immortal ally npcs
  • Skull for surprisingly useful ally npcs
  • Skull for increased speed on foot and in vehicles
MCC Global
  • Add an 'Extras' section for terminals, cutscenes, audiologs, collectibles, streams of Halo Esport matches, Halo timeline, maybe even bring back the library function from CE
  • Matchmaking for coop campaign
  • Matchmaking for SpartanOps, like legacy H4 had it
  • Season 0
Contains items normally locked behind events, seasonals, and other challenges for 10SP or more each. They're not available until some time has passed since their regular unlock methods went live
  • Mod tools and workshop support
  • CE/H2/H3/Reach SpartanOps that don't always end in "Kill all remaining enemies" but some sort of objective based objectives
  • CE/H2/H3/H4 Firefight/survival mode
MCC Multiplayer
  • Clan support
  • Party up feature
  • Bots (if there arent enough players)
  • Option for The vip in vip gametype to use special bipeds/characters (think like the vip being sgt johnson), at least in custom games
  • Option to turn on/off headlights on vehicles that have headlights, at least in custom games
  • Flashlights/Nightvision, at least in custom games
  • Option for alpha infected to have special biped/character (alpha infected could have the body of a tank flood form), at least in custom games
  • More Invasion gametypes (eg Invasion Slayer, Invasion Skirmish, etc)
Customization
  • Ability to choose emblem placement on armour
Forge
  • Add AI
  • Editable paths for AI
  • Add item skins, maybe as unlockables in Season 5+
  • Ability to collide with water for players and vehicles. (This could multiply the possibilities in Forge with a large flat area)
  • Add (large) blocks of rock, grass, sand, wood, steal, etc
  • Add weather effects like rain, snow, flood spore, day/night, etc
  • Add all skyboxes from all maps
  • Add forgable ladders, slippery Ice, conveyer belts, etc
  • Add more breakable structure pieces, objects and structure pieces that can catch fire/spread fire/burn up (maybe have a toggle for this)
    Add Firefight maps to forge for use in MP and Firefight
  • Further expand Forge with more items from H3 & ODST: Pelican (& Police Variant), Phantom (& Schism Variant), Stationary Gauss Turret, Olifant, etc.
  • Add invulnerability and cloaking equipment to H3s forge
  • Add Flood structures (flesh mounds/creep, Spore pods, Door thing, Hanging and laying tentacles, and bones) to forge
  • Add all H3 and ODST objects/assets and chunks of the environment, even skyboxes and effects for use on all maps to forge
  • Forge support for CEA, H2A and ODST
Theatre
  • Add Theatre support for campaign
  • Add Theatre support for CEA and H2
Firefight
  • Bots (if there arent enough players)
  • Add Elites and the Flood as enemy types to Firefight
  • Add Wave objectives like planting a bomb or capturing territories to firefight
  • Add Drones and Guta as enemy types/ wave option to Firefight
  • Firefight "Schism" Setting
  • Firefight additionally had more enemy options, allowing them to fight one another. This can provide so many interesting firefight gametypes.
  • Add more weapons / vehicles (eg. Magnum, SMG, Elite Plasma Rifle, Energy Sword, Sentinel Beam / Mongoose, Ghost, Prowler, Banshee, etc) to firefight
  • More Gametypes such as Firefight versus or Fistfight, using the Blackeye skull. Also a role reversal where the player uses covenant weapons against Heretic foes would be fun
  • New Enemy Varieties
    Heretic (UNSC Wielding) Grunts, Jackals, Brutes, and Drones would all be fine additions
H3
  • Make characters like H3 Pilot, H3 Marine variations, Lord Hood, H3 Construction workers, Miranda Keyes, NMPD Cop etc playable
  • add gametypes to H3 such as race, head hunt, gun game, ect
H3 ODST
  • Add ODST Firefight achievements to MCC
Reach
  • A Bear backpack cosmetic as reward for the ‘no picnic‘ achievement
  • Further expand forge with more items from Campaign: Cargo Truck, Truck Cab (w/out trailer, with tanker variant), UNSC Tractor unit (w/ trailer, w/out trailer variant), Space Banshee / Phantom, MAC Cannon, etc.
  • The following armor abilities are included in the system's files: Ammo Pack, Power Fist, Repulsor, Sensor Pack, Super Jump, EMP Pulse, Shield Generator. They could be very supportive in firefight and MP
A working friends list system without having to use the xbox app, game bar, or mobile phone to add people.
Halo 2 classic ranked playlists
How about a trouble shooting option for group chats across multiple systems. I am on my computer, my son is on his computer, and my daughter is on the X1, they can hear each other, I cannot hear them. Ugh
I just want to run my own Dedicated Custom Game with a Custom Game Browser and admin commands. After running game servers for for 10 years it would be nice to have the following Dedicated Custom Game Server Admin options:

1. Kick / Ban users "in game". ( Must Have Like In Halo Combat Evolved )

2. Server Welcome Screen
3. Friends List ( Must Have )

4. No lame lobbies
5. "Auto map rotation script" ( Must Have Like In Halo Combat Evolved )

6. "Auto kick Idle time script" ( Must Have Like In Halo Combat Evolved )

7. "Admin Login into server outside the game" ( Must Have )
8." Bad word list" ( Must Have )
9 "To be able to switch users to different team ( Must Have Like In Halo Combat Evolved )
10. Auto team balancing ( Must Have )

Well IMHO if we can't run our own Dedicated Custom Game Server this game is gonna suck! I really hope that's not going to be the case!
Add more achievements for Campaign/MP/FF from the legacy games and/or create new ones
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3