Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

What are the purchase options for MCC on PC?

OP TecnicStudios

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The announcement for MCC on PC says you will be able to buy the games individually as they come out, but will there be an option to buy them in a bundle and receive each of them as they release?
Yeah most likely there's going to be a bundle you can buy, with the individual purchase being optional
As it is being released on steam. I think that'll most likely be the case. Steam also offers Bundles so MCC Won't be an exception for sure.
"I want everything except Halo 4 please!" - OG Bungie Boi
considering how gutted some of the games are on the current MCC I know I have no intention of buying the games as a bundle. I will wait and see how each one turns out before I waste money on it.
Same though.
I wonder how much each game would cost? like are they going to charge like 10 bucks a game? or is it going to be more than that
I think it would be a bundle with the possibility to buy each game alone. I guess they will talk about that later or at E3.
I wonder how much each game would cost? like are they going to charge like 10 bucks a game? or is it going to be more than that
It might vary, probably gonna cost $9.99 for most of them and $4.99 for ODST (like how it is for MCC on X-Box One).
They will cost as much as they think you'll pay lol
They will cost as much as they think you'll pay lol
There's a difference between fulfilling a need and taking advantage of it, the later is a terrible idea and is negative for the long term.
I'd pay more to have the bundle minus Halo 4
Hamel wrote:
Halo 4 isn't as bad as people think it is, the campaign while short and lacking in some departments was a decent successor to the Bungie saga with a good but flawed story.
Hamel wrote:
Halo 4 isn't as bad as people think it is, the campaign while short and lacking in some departments was a decent successor to the Bungie saga with a good but flawed story.
I get that it isn't an inherently BAD game, I just feel the game as a whole strayed so far from the original lifeblood of Halo in almost every aspect that it doesn't look, play or feel like the original trilogy did.

Then again, I'm a Bungie fanboy. I get that games need to grow and change, it just bugs me that I'm getting old now and a new generation that actually likes the Mk VI Gen 2 armor is slowly replacing the old school Halo fans.
The announcement for MCC on PC says you will be able to buy the games individually as they come out, but will there be an option to buy them in a bundle and receive each of them as they release?
From the AMA, they will not do a bundle until after all of MCC is out on PC. They want everything to be ready before offering a game or the entire MCC since some games might not have all the features. Features like mix and match customization of Halo 3 armor, ODST firefight, and etc might not happen. They want to grantee what you get in each game and MCC as a whole before selling it to you. Also they are juggling the coming flighting programs between three different studios so it might be a little chaotic to offer pre-orders
From the AMA, they will not do a bundle until after all of MCC is out on PC. They want everything to be ready before offering a game or the entire MCC since some games might not have all the features. Features like mix and match customization of Halo 3 armor, ODST firefight, and etc might not happen. They want to grantee what you get in each game and MCC as a whole before selling it to you. Also they are juggling the coming flighting programs between three different studios so it might be a little chaotic to offer pre-orders
It might or might not happen*
Yeah I saw that.
Hamel wrote:
Hamel wrote:
I get that it isn't an inherently BAD game, I just feel the game as a whole strayed so far from the original lifeblood of Halo in almost every aspect that it doesn't look, play or feel like the original trilogy did.

Then again, I'm a Bungie fanboy. I get that games need to grow and change, it just bugs me that I'm getting old now and a new generation that actually likes the Mk VI Gen 2 armor is slowly replacing the old school Halo fans.
I'm not an old school fan, some of the new armors are fine, but there are others that are completely stupid (they're mostly from 5). The Bungie armors were great I'm not denying it but not all of the 343 armors are bad. I don't think 4 strayed too far but they were not close to how the original trilogy felt, 5 strayed too far though and didn't even have a good story, which took a dump on 4's story and ending and any impact it had.
I think you can buy each game as it comes out or buy the entire collection entirely, prices haven't been set and the specifics are really confusing for me.
I think you can buy each game as it comes out or buy the entire collection entirely, prices haven't been set and the specifics are really confusing for me.
You're right in that it will be possible to purchase each game as it releases, however as it stands, the entire collection will only be purchasable as such once all games are released. So you couldn't pay the full price upfront, for instance. You're correct that they also haven't addressed pricing yet.
How much do you think each games going to be?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2