Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

What are the purchase options for MCC on PC?

OP TecnicStudios

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Bones8043 wrote:
How much do you think each games going to be?
10-30$, That's my ball-park price.
Excluding Reach, I think the individual price of all the games will be around $15-20 dollars.
Individual or season pass I'd expect, through Microsoft or Steam.
343 clarified that if you want to buy the package with everything, you will have to wait for all the games to be launched
Hamel wrote:
Hamel wrote:
"I want everything except Halo 4 please!" - OG Bungie Boi
I'd pay more to have the bundle minus Halo 4
Halo 4 isn't as bad as people think it is, the campaign while short and lacking in some departments was a decent successor to the Bungie saga with a good but flawed story.
I get that it isn't an inherently BAD game, I just feel the game as a whole strayed so far from the original lifeblood of Halo in almost every aspect that it doesn't look, play or feel like the original trilogy did.

Then again, I'm a Bungie fanboy. I get that games need to grow and change, it just bugs me that I'm getting old now and a new generation that actually likes the Mk VI Gen 2 armor is slowly replacing the old school Halo fans.
I'm not an old school fan, some of the new armors are fine, but there are others that are completely stupid (they're mostly from 5). The Bungie armors were great I'm not denying it but not all of the 343 armors are bad. I don't think 4 strayed too far but they were not close to how the original trilogy felt, 5 strayed too far though and didn't even have a good story, which took a dump on 4's story and ending and any impact it had.
Scrolling through looking for this comment. 4 wasn't terrible, it just was a vastly different approach than Bungie had. (As everyone has heard over and over) Bungie built you up, then 343 tore us down. I see where they were coming from. 343 wanted to add more story, more personal details. With Bungie's games we didn't get that personal connection with Chief. We had a lot of good times, but he was the stoic protagonist that did the one thing he knew.

With Halo 4, we are forced to see the trauma of child soldiers. What is he supposed to do if he isn't always at war? What will he do now that his closest friend is dying? Or what about the countless friends he lost IN the war. We never got this chance to slow down in the classics. I think it was a lot for us to take so quickly. There is no easing into this. The story is dropped right in our laps. It basically starts with "The hero you know and love is a psychological mess. This is him breaking." I think this is where the bad taste came from in 4.

But 5... Oh 5.... There was so much wrong... I don't even know where to begin. At least there is hope for 6.
ninja807 wrote:
Same though.
Halo 4 had a decent campaign (Of what i can remember, waiting to be able to replay all halos on PC) and it still had some great music, which is kinda also included in what makes halo, halo to me as well at least. Just listen to the main menu theme :P.

The multiplayer was trash but there was a decent amount of good custom games to play, although nothing can rival reach.
ninja807 wrote:
Same though.
Halo 4 had a decent campaign (Of what i can remember, waiting to be able to replay all halos on PC) and it still had some great music, which is kinda also included in what makes halo, halo to me as well at least. Just listen to the main menu theme :P.

The multiplayer was trash but there was a decent amount of good custom games to play, although nothing can rival reach.
The campaign played alright, spartan ops was a neat idea, but that was about it for me. Reach, odst, and 3 were my favorites. I had so much fun in those.
I wonder if it'll be a "Season Pass" type purchase that as the games come out you'll already own them.
I'm expecting to get at least Halo Reach for free on Microsoft Store since I have it digitally on my Xbox Live account. But I really hope they end up making Halo MCC on PC Xbox PlayAnywhere once they release all the games to PC.
I wonder if it'll be a "Season Pass" type purchase that as the games come out you'll already own them.
There's not going to be any type of season pass for MCC
Quote:
Q. Can you buy the whole package immediately and wait until other games are available. Like a season pass of sorts.
Quote:
A. Players can purchase each title one-by-one along the way or wait until the collection is complete at the end. We don't have any plans for a 'season pass' model.
For context, it gets tricky when we have a flexible release plan that ties to flighting and ongoing development - it's hard to definitively promise a player when they'll get the thing they paid for (or even what features may or may not be there at one time). We have to get this right on PC and do so in a way that doesn't potentially upset customers.
OnQore wrote:
I'm expecting to get at least Halo Reach for free on Microsoft Store since I have it digitally on my Xbox Live account. But I really hope they end up making Halo MCC on PC Xbox PlayAnywhere once they release all the games to PC.
It's likely not going to be free or part of Play Anywhere
Quote:
Q. Will it be possible for those who own MCC digitally on Xbox be able to play/own the game on PC via "Play Anywhere"?
Quote:
A. As Bonnie noted on Sunday, we appreciate all of the Xbox One players who have supported MCC over the years and we realize that many existing MCC players are also interested in playing the game on PC. While MCC was released prior to the Xbox Play Anywhere program, we are still exploring ways to recognize the continued support of our Xbox One players so they are also able to enjoy MCC on PC. We will have more details as we get closer to launch.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2