Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

What are you looking forward to the most?

OP Shveed

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Since the almost full Halo experience (Halo 5 not being included) is coming to PC, what are you all looking forward to doing the most?

For me it's finally being able to share the experience with friends who haven't played Halo at all or haven't played some of the newer ones since switching to PC and not buying Xbox consoles anymore. I also am potentially looking forward to a custom games browser if something of the sort ever happens, though I'm sure lobby chat will be dead as most players will probably be using Discord to chat.
play with friends, compete with them and spend the campaigns in legendary, all my friends play in pc so mcc is perfect for fun
Playing thru the campaign with my high school friend again, and then going to BTB and Invasion and just do silly stuff and laugh all the way through the matches.
Playing the journey of the Master Chief properly and being able to finally finish the fight on the PC. I'm gonna start with Reach, then go all the way through HCE, H2, and finally Halo 3, in chronological order.
Getting into the flighting lol, and hopefully bringing out potential with the game.
Honestly, playing halo reach with my friends that switched over to pc around 2012.... we had good times
cant wait to play with my friends and to have all the customisations for my spartan
Playing the journey of the Master Chief properly and being able to finally finish the fight on the PC. I'm gonna start with Reach, then go all the way through HCE, H2, and finally Halo 3, in chronological order.
No ODST and Halo 4? I'll buy and play them nonetheless if only to have the complete MC collection. ;)
Replaying all the campaigns on legendary with some close friends of mine, and of course enjoying multiplayer (custom games included). :D
If I am gonna be honest, I just wanna relive those days. Halo had a big part of my life, from Combat Evolved to Reach me and my friends spent ages playing them and dear god we played way to much Halo Reach back in High School. Then we all parted ways due to drama and hurt feelings and yada yada yada at the time Halo 4 came out so not only did I not like the multiplayer: it felt empty to me. And the campaigns story was about the chief becoming lonely with the loss of Cortana and Halo 4 came out at a perfect time in my life.

Later 5 comes out and I heavily dislike almost everything about it when a buddy lent me his Xbox One for a week, not only does Halo have sad and tainted memories for me but its just gone downhill. Since I no longer have gold, and don't know anyone who owns a 360 I can't play the old games with anyone and Halo is just a sad memory book to open. But now that I have a very close new friend group, and Halo is coming to PC (which we all have) I can relive glory days and make new memories for a series that used to be my favorite. To be honest the anticipation is killing me, and as much as the custom games and forge will be things to look forward to I am more excited for just the new memories and friends.
Terg500 wrote:
No ODST and Halo 4? I'll buy and play them nonetheless if only to have the complete MC collection. ;)
Well... I like ODST, but I find it kind of wonky in regards to continuity. I mean, the primary enemies should have been Elites, not Brutes, since the Covenant forces left on the ground were from REGRET's fleet, and Regret was pretty good pals with most of the Elites. Truth, on the other hand, well... you can see where this is going. Also, the fact that we never got to fight Brutes on Earth in Halo 2's campaign alongside Elites makes the sheer number of Brutes in the campaign seem out of place. I know they were reusing resources from Halo 3 for the game, but they could have easily used Elites and set them to be on the same side as the Brutes.

As for Halo 4? I like the story between Chief and Cortana, but I feel that the gameplay is kind of... off. The multiplayer was... meh, and while the campaign was better than the multiplayer, there was still something that felt off about the gameplay. I don't know what it is. Although, I love the level Composer, which feels the most like a classic Halo level, and I loved being able to fly a pelican WITHOUT it being an easter egg. That was cool. And the Mantis was fun to use, and the fighter jet sequence was pretty awesome too. I guess my problem is the stupid Promethean watchers. I hate those things. They're worse than the Flood, because at least the Flood can't resurrect other Flood that you've completely destroyed. I also hated how I kept running out of ammo so quickly for just about every weapon, especially since ammo reserves were reduced YET AGAIN for every weapon, and the new Forerunner weapons were mostly useless except for the Scattershot and Light Rifle. There's a lot to like about Halo 4, and just as much to hate as well. Although, I did like the firing sound for the Assault Rifle. It sounded infinitely better than the firing sound of the Halo 3 Assault Rifle.
The console versions being killed off and completely abandoned within a year after Keyboard and Mouse becomes the only viable way to play. I don’t care what anyone says, Halo was meant to be played on a controller. Keyboard twitch aims is gonna ruin it, and entire weapons will probably have to rebalance so that you can’t instantly get a team wipe with them.
Achievement hunting! Gonna be a blast.

The console versions being killed off and completely abandoned within a year after Keyboard and Mouse becomes the only viable way to play. I don’t care what anyone says, Halo was meant to be played on a controller. Keyboard twitch aims is gonna ruin it, and entire weapons will probably have to rebalance so that you can’t instantly get a team wipe with them.
There's no crossplay, dude. Xbox players will keep playing on Xbox without being hounded by PC players. Relax. Why are you even on the PC MCC forums if you're just gonna cry about it?
Playing through the campaign because I havent in so long. Next being halo 3 mulitplayer.
Playing through the campaign because I havent in so long. Next being halo 3 mulitplayer.
The campaign is going to be a blast, I just hope they give it the time it needs.
ScionOrion wrote:
Achievement hunting! Gonna be a blast.

There's no crossplay, dude. Xbox players will keep playing on Xbox without being hounded by PC players. Relax. Why are you even on the PC MCC forums if you're just gonna cry about it?
343 has said there would be crossplay. Also crossplay for halo infinite on PC too, so the same point still applies.
I'm mostly looking forward for Halo MCC on the PC, and also being able to play Reach for the first time.
If I am gonna be honest, I just wanna relive those days. Halo had a big part of my life, from Combat Evolved to Reach me and my friends spent ages playing them and dear god we played way to much Halo Reach back in High School. Then we all parted ways due to drama and hurt feelings and yada yada yada at the time Halo 4 came out so not only did I not like the multiplayer: it felt empty to me. And the campaigns story was about the chief becoming lonely with the loss of Cortana and Halo 4 came out at a perfect time in my life.

Later 5 comes out and I heavily dislike almost everything about it when a buddy lent me his Xbox One for a week, not only does Halo have sad and tainted memories for me but its just gone downhill. Since I no longer have gold, and don't know anyone who owns a 360 I can't play the old games with anyone and Halo is just a sad memory book to open. But now that I have a very close new friend group, and Halo is coming to PC (which we all have) I can relive glory days and make new memories for a series that used to be my favorite. To be honest the anticipation is killing me, and as much as the custom games and forge will be things to look forward to I am more excited for just the new memories and friends.
I am in a similar boat to you, fell out of touch with friends I use to play with in high school. We need to start a support group when MCC comes out for PC lol. I need new people to play with, let me know if you're interested!
as long as coop works, then its play coop with an old friend who now lives on the other side of the world.
After that? probably take a tone of screenshots in all the games in 4k , and then play though all the games in order again once there all out that is:P
For me, nearly everything. I've only played the campaign for Halo CE and the Spartan Strike/Assault games. I'm really looking forward to this!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3