Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

What do you miss from Halo Reach?

OP Fruit Killer67

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Seeing as how all the other good stuff about Reach has already been covered, I'm going to go with the UI design. It's probably one of the best menu designs I've ever seen in a game before or since.
A R M O R C U S T O M I Z A T I O N

It was like a dressup game for me, lol.
Too bad I couldn't get all before my 360 died, and the ranking was a bit too harsh for me, since the requirement grows way too exponentially.
i really miss firefight and invasion, i used to play those game modes for hours.
i also miss the armor customization even tough i liked the halo 3 way of getting some armor i liked a lot halo reaches armor customization unlock system
Matchmaking Firefight has been confirmed.
That I could play it whenever I wanted. Flighting date when?

In all seriousness invasion was my favorite gametype and I'm happy that they're not applying the TU to that gamemode, because I want to play reach as I remember it with as little changes as possible.
Forge World & Invasion!
FaLzY X wrote:
Honestly, I miss the dmr with bloom
I know everyone hated it for some reason, but if you knew how to use it, you could dominate other players...
Armor Lock
*gasping screaming screeching moaning and gnashing of teeth in the background as everyone runs to grab their torches and pitchforks to brand me with the mark of shame. even though it already is my avatar for H2 and most other thingsOkay not really, I didn't mind it and think it is a good idea but like some mechanics cough*clamber*cough it just needs to be tone down so it doesn't become so much of a FOO strategy.
I miss Invasion mode and the Spartan/UNSC vs Elite/Covenant set up that game had. Just about every weapon and vehicle that had a counterpart on the other side.

boy the formatting on these forums are as buggy as MCC at launch.
Firefight's aight.

I miss Elites vs Spartans war mode w/ the objectives. That was fun, especially on the spire.
Forge Mode with its instant transfer from monitor to player and vice versa, none of that 'Building lighting' malarkey. It also wasn't as intimidating as Halo 5s forge, and had more features than Halo 4 and 3.

In addition, forge world.
and it was pretty user friendly. I understood most of the stuff.
Firefight is what I always dreamed about when playing Halo 2 and Halo 3 when they first came out, I can't wait to try it out on Halo Reach.
The lighting and the blue sky and the look🥰🥰🥰, the amount of gametypes/playlists was insane and made the matchmaking Soo fun... unlike h5 where it's Soo basic...no creativity
Custom games were my childhood. i miss that and the art style so much
Where to even start? Daily/weekly challenges, armor customization, Invasion, Firefight (although I'd prefer ODST's) , The DMR being the primary mid-long range weapon over the BR, just, the campaign in general.
Armor customization, custom maps, and missions
I miss the falcon as of right now all we have are wasps and they stink like cheese from good old ce.
The armor customization. While everything else about this game was a step down from Halo 3, Reach easily had the best customization system in the series to date. So many options, and most of them were really good looking too. I really hope Infinite armor customization has a similar depth and variety.
Oh come on. I know it's "cool" to idolize Halo 3 and hate on Reach, but this simply isn't true. Really, EVERYTHING ELSE was a step down?

Forge in Halo Reach was miles better than Halo 3. So were custom game options. Firefight wasn't even in Halo 3. And we got Invasion in multiplayer too, which is still the most unique game mode in the series. There was also better weapon variety in Reach as well with the addition of the Grenade Launcher, Focus Rifle and Plasma Launcher.

We can all agree that Halo 3 is the pinnacle of the series but the idea that Reach didn't add anything besides customization is unfair.
The armor customization. While everything else about this game was a step down from Halo 3, Reach easily had the best customization system in the series to date. So many options, and most of them were really good looking too. I really hope Infinite armor customization has a similar depth and variety.
Oh come on. I know it's "cool" to idolize Halo 3 and hate on Reach, but this simply isn't true. Really, EVERYTHING ELSE was a step down?

Forge in Halo Reach was miles better than Halo 3. So were custom game options. Firefight wasn't even in Halo 3. And we got Invasion in multiplayer too, which is still the most unique game mode in the series. There was also better weapon variety in Reach as well with the addition of the Grenade Launcher, Focus Rifle and Plasma Launcher.

We can all agree that Halo 3 is the pinnacle of the series but the idea that Reach didn't add anything besides customization is unfair.
I would definitely not call Halo 3 the pinnacle of the series. It too was a step down from Halo 2, but not anything close to the step down Reach was. Halo 1 is still king, followed very closely by Halo 2. I’ll give you that Forge was improved from Halo 3. Firefight? It gave more customization compared to ODST, but not the same challenge ODST’s was. Being a Spartan with shields and having unlimited ammo drops reduced the difficulty and made it not quite as memorable and challenging. Invasion is a fun game mode. Nice for casual play. But the core multiplayer experience we’ve had in all Halos? Significant step down from 3.

I would definitely not call Halo 3 the pinnacle of the series. It too was a step down from Halo 2, but not anything close to the step down Reach was. Halo 1 is still king, followed very closely by Halo 2. I’ll give you that Forge was improved from Halo 3. Firefight? It gave more customization compared to ODST, but not the same challenge ODST’s was. Being a Spartan with shields and having unlimited ammo drops reduced the difficulty and made it not quite as memorable and challenging. Invasion is a fun game mode. Nice for casual play. But the core multiplayer experience we’ve had in all Halos? Significant step down from 3.
Halo always has infinite ammo because you can always pick up enemy weapons. Additionally, you can change the settings of Firefight to make it more difficult so your point is moot. Don't like shields in Firefight? Turn them off. You've always been able to modify settings in Halo games but that doesn't stop nostalgia blind fans from pretending you cannot. Maybe it's more to the fact that despite being a "hardcore Halo fan" they need some kind of accomplishment treadmill to keep their interest in their "favorite" game.
Yeah, you could edit the settings and create your perfect experience or you could play the imperfect experience for HalopointsTM instead. Yeah, I'm thinking HalopointsTM are better than a better experience.
And I don't get this "Invasion is a casual game," and this idea has never been fleshed out. Care to elaborate?
Also, Halo 3 had to change base player traits in its competitive settings, really makes you think...
Spinning a grid on its axis on forge to torment everyone on the map.
Tbh both from Reach and Halo 3 i Miss the people i used to play with.
Damn there were some good times when playing with my friends abroad and the Clan i used to play with ;)

- miss firefight
The main menu.
Really.
I loved the look of it so damn much.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3