Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

What happened to "It's Ready When It's Ready"?

OP D dawgy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
D dawgy wrote:
qlimm wrote:
You don't actually know the current state of the game. I'd advise you to reserve your judgment for post-launch and then you can flame them for this if indeed it is a mess.
If history is any indicator, my post will age well.
It didn't.
Yogimus77 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
qlimm wrote:
You don't actually know the current state of the game. I'd advise you to reserve your judgment for post-launch and then you can flame them for this if indeed it is a mess.
It didn't.
It... didn't?
Yogimus77 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
qlimm wrote:
It didn't.
You're either really dense or just in plain denial, the game it is an unfinished mess
HOrobOD1 wrote:
I don't think it's the lack of polish that has killed the game. I think it's the spreading of negative complaints over non-existent or miniscule issues.
wew lad, the double whammy of downplaying legitimate criticisms of a game that wasn't ready for launch coupled with the assumption that anything resembling a significant fraction of the playerbase reads forums. Truthfully, it's a triple whammy since we're talking about Halo, so "toxicity drove people away" is just astoundingly hilarious
HOrobOD1 wrote:
PC players need to grow up and quit being so entitled and negative about consoles.
"be quiet and consume the poop, pleb"

yeah, it's absolutely bizarre how more people haven't adopted your philosophy
HOrobOD1 wrote:
PC gaming wouldn't be what it is today without consoles.
And PC gaming wouldn't be where it is today without Edison's role in electricity. That doesn't change that he was essentially a thief, nor does it have any bearing on legitimate complains for a PC game in the present day that was touted as "being ready when it's ready" that clearly needed a few more months in the oven.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
I don't think the fuss about the game is worth it.
Then congrats, coming into a thread trying to figure out why a game that wasn't ready for primetime spouting "look how much I don't care about glaring, documented problems" would be a terrible use of your time
HOrobOD1 wrote:
While consoles have limited PC gaming in terms of graphics and scale, they've pushed gaming to the mainstream by making it more accessible, which has created an unprecedented industry that wouldn't exist without them. Many people can't afford $1000+ PC rigs or just want a simple plug and play experience. Consoles have had a lot of benefit to the PC gaming space that many of you entitled PCMR people refuse to acknowledge.
What does literally any of this have to do with the state of MCC PC? "MCC PC has glaring, documented problems, but PCs are expensive and if you read everything that's every happened in history, you'll realize some stuff happened earlier in history." Ok? Cool. Glad you got that out of your system
HOrobOD1 wrote:
I'm ashamed to be called a PC gamer because of this toxicity and honestly the console community just has a lot more fun.
I'm ashamed that someone with apparently unrestricted internet access typed that sentence into their browser thinking it had any relevance to the OP.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
That's what gaming should be about anyway, having fun, not judging the other gamers and gaming systems. That's the true benefit of the consoles, bringing people together for the sake of having fun with games and not arguing whether they have a superior hardware or controller interface.
Again, absolutely nothing to do with OP or the people you're responding to. No one wants to hear your TED talk about how people who play video games have slighted you. It's an awful, transparent attempt to deflect and literally no one cares.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
I'm ashamed to be called a PC gamer because of this toxicity and honestly the console community just has a lot more fun.
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. You clearly missed the abysmal mess that was MCC's initial launch. Nobody had fun. It's also sad that you referred to us as entitled. It's apparently wrong to expect a proper port these days. It's also apparently wrong to hold 343/MS to such a standard considering the aforementioned MCC launch. I don't know why there are so many apologists here acting like there's nothing wrong with a game so inherently messed up and broken that it should be considered a pre-beta.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. You clearly missed the abysmal mess that was MCC's initial launch. Nobody had fun. It's also sad that you referred to us as entitled. It's apparently wrong to expect a proper port these days. It's also apparently wrong to hold 343/MS to such a standard considering the aforementioned MCC launch. I don't know why there are so many apologists here acting like there's nothing wrong with a game so inherently messed up and broken that it should be considered a pre-beta.
It's really unfortunate. Whilst I wish there was less toxicity myself, this whole situation just really sucks. I probably spend as much time on the forums as I do in-game at this point. If I play the game, whilst a generally solid stable piece of software it really can be at the core it seems, the thing is littered with bugs, discrepancies, and oversights that hinder the experience... I'd be playing the game if it were fun instead of scouring the forums inevitably sympathizing. Bug Tracker doesn't even show my posts anymore, but maybe flight-era stuff was locked down or something...

One minute, it's an audio hiccup- okay, add that to the list, no worries, it'll be fixed, they're working on it-
The next minute, it's the object flicker- things happen, all is well-
The next even (technically, always), the screen tear- Vsync adds a boatload of input lag as expectable and I can't bump up to 90fps to reduce it like my other games without bringing about a slew of new problems, it is experimental, understandable, so let's not do that-
Oh the gun sound is being delayed, oof that grenade didn't make any sound and it killed me-
And if you're lucky, your score makes no sense, shorting you, at the end or much worse... your Legendary play-through didn't count.

This (bar that last one) is legit every campaign mission I've played since launch regardless of Multiplayer, one-off bugs, inconsistencies with 360 Reach, and MCC's unintuitive interface. It just really sucks.
Yogimus77 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
qlimm wrote:
It didn't.
You're either really dense or just in plain denial, the game it is an unfinished mess
Except it's not. The only issue is the DMR start, and that's being addressed. But keep trying.
I can't believe anyone would defend the atrocity that 343 has brought upon us with this lazy release of a game. It's been what a month and a half and the population is already down 89.75% and people still think it's doing "Well"? I guess some delusion is present here because it's insane to think that it's normal with any indication of past Halo's population drop rate. The guy above me said the only issue is DMR start but what about the obvious Audio issues? Crouching issue? Terrible spawns on every map just about, broken and boring map cycle for BTB, Broken matchmaking system that still has the same issues Halo 3 did when searching for games, No voting, Quitting just about every single match, No option to turn off text chat, No in game report, No forge despite the fact it's easily ready and their only excuse is button mapping lmfao. The list continues with very small things that could be subjective to personal opinion (but honestly relatable to previous Halo's). Nobody can defend this garbage pile 343 has thrown at us in time for Holidays to make a quick dollar. Nothing excuses their MINIMAL communication about MAJOR issues. Above all... NOTHING excuses their choice to release this game as it is.

Edit: Speaking of small things, I can't believe I have to say this but. Who in their right mind decided to map out the controls to limit us on the sniper zoom? Lack of mapping for chat? and of course the embarrassing lack of video settings this game fails to offer. It's seriously a joke at this point and I am sad to even acknowledge this game as apart of the Halo series.
I can't believe anyone would defend the atrocity that 343 has brought upon us with this lazy release of a game. It's been what a month and a half and the population is already down 89.75% and people still think it's doing "Well"? I guess some delusion is present here because it's insane to think that it's normal with any indication of past Halo's population drop rate. The guy above me said the only issue is DMR start but what about the obvious Audio issues? Crouching issue? Terrible spawns on every map just about, broken and boring map cycle for BTB, Broken matchmaking system that still has the same issues Halo 3 did when searching for games, No voting, Quitting just about every single match, No option to turn off text chat, No in game report, No forge despite the fact it's easily ready and their only excuse is button mapping lmfao. The list continues with very small things that could be subjective to personal opinion (but honestly relatable to previous Halo's). Nobody can defend this garbage pile 343 has thrown at us in time for Holidays to make a quick dollar. Nothing excuses their MINIMAL communication about MAJOR issues. Above all... NOTHING excuses their choice to release this game as it is.

Edit: Speaking of small things, I can't believe I have to say this but. Who in their right mind decided to map out the controls to limit us on the sniper zoom? Lack of mapping for chat? and of course the embarrassing lack of video settings this game fails to offer. It's seriously a joke at this point and I am sad to even acknowledge this game as apart of the Halo series.
You do know they post weekly Friday development updates on their flighting thread right? Also they've addressed just about everything you've mentioned in your post. Software development is complicated. Yes they rushed the game to cash in on a holiday release and I'm not at all defending that, but updates are coming. When developing a large piece of software for a large organization, you can't just make tweaks to the code and push them out. You have to propose your changes, code the changes, review the changes, check for errors, and if any are found, correct them and return to step one. Once all these things are done you have to perform verification and validation. You have to go through a process to ensure that your changes meet the customer needs, as well as check that your changes are doing exactly what they were intended to do. If any of these fail, you have to return to step 1 and repeat everything. Then once everything is done, they flight the changes with the community, and repeat the process again when issues are found. After this, once everything is up to spec, the final product can be pushed out to the distribution platform such as steam.

It's a very long tedious process, but is how software engineers ensure a higher quality release without major bugs. If you'd been reading the weekly updates, you'd know that we are nearing both a Halo CE flight, but also a Reach flight in a few weeks. This means all their community inspired changes are almost ready to be played by the flight community, which means major updates will soon follow assuming no major hiccups.
HOrobOD1 wrote:

You do know they post weekly Friday development updates on their flighting thread right? Also they've addressed just about everything you've mentioned in your post. Software development is complicated. Yes they rushed the game to cash in on a holiday release and I'm not at all defending that, but updates are coming. When developing a large piece of software for a large organization, you can't just make tweaks to the code and push them out. You have to propose your changes, code the changes, review the changes, check for errors, and if any are found, correct them and return to step one. Once all these things are done you have to perform verification and validation. You have to go through a process to ensure that your changes meet the customer needs, as well as check that your changes are doing exactly what they were intended to do. If any of these fail, you have to return to step 1 and repeat everything. Then once everything is done, they flight the changes with the community, and repeat the process again when issues are found. After this, once everything is up to spec, the final product can be pushed out to the distribution platform such as steam.

It's a very long tedious process, but is how software engineers ensure a higher quality release without major bugs. If you'd been reading the weekly updates, you'd know that we are nearing both a Halo CE flight, but also a Reach flight in a few weeks. This means all their community inspired changes are almost ready to be played by the flight community, which means major updates will soon follow assuming no major hiccups.
Great, so they're nearly at the point where the game might be ready for release. Shame that it's going to be at least 2 months after they released it.

It seems a bit weird to try to defend 343 in a post titled 'WHAT HAPPENED TO "IT'S READY WHEN IT'S READY"?' by saying that it wasn't ready and it still isn't.
HOrobOD1 is 100% correct on almost everything he's said thus far. It's very clear that everyone else in this thread is talking out of emotion rather than logic.
Yogimus77 wrote:
Yogimus77 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
qlimm wrote:
It didn't.
Except it's not. The only issue is the DMR start, and that's being addressed. But keep trying.
Are you insane?
HOrobOD1 is 100% correct on almost everything he's said thus far. It's very clear that everyone else in this thread is talking out of emotion rather than logic.
Honestly, I think most of us are just sick of the "corporate double talk". What i mean by this is that 343 said "it's ready when it's ready", which really means:

"It's ready when we're ready to push for holiday sales, but you can't be mad about it because we're aware of the issues and we'll be releasing updates soon. But soon really means over 3 months after initial release and who knows if we'll even fix all or even most of the real issues." - 343 probably
D dawgy wrote:
Honestly, I think most of us are just sick of the "corporate double talk". What i mean by this is that 343 said "it's ready when it's ready", which really means:

"It's ready when we're ready to push for holiday sales, but you can't be mad about it because we're aware of the issues and we'll be releasing updates soon. But soon really means over 3 months after initial release and who knows if we'll even fix all or even most of the real issues." - 343 probably
It is annoying and unfortunate that the game released in it's current state as far as missing content, but I saw this coming when they announced that the games would be releasing one at a time rather than waiting until all the ports were finished. Also at the same time they were claiming it would release "when it's ready", they also said reach would launch during 2019, and the rest throughout 2020. They kind of shot themselves in the foot because they made a promise to release before the end of 2019, so they pretty much had to bank on a holiday release even though many features weren't exactly finished yet.

I just see the game as an early access game because it's still in major development with many huge features yet to come, such as forge, theater, and a progression system update.
It could be corporate pressures(terrible deadlines that cant realistically be met by the devs). Marketing pressures(they promised it in 2019 and shouldnt have). It could be 343 thinking what they released after flighting was good which is a real problem for the rest of MCC if thats the case. IMO, they need to go flight crazy and have HUGE swaths of people testing in order to knock out bugs properly. This small flight testing crap is in part why Reach is in the place its at.
Yogimus77 wrote:
Yogimus77 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
qlimm wrote:
It didn't.
"The only issue is the DMR start"

Definitely one of the most ignorant posts I have seen on this forum.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss/share modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console or PC.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Yogimus77 wrote:
Yogimus77 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
qlimm wrote:
It didn't.
Riiiight well so far I have to agree with everyone else. It's unfinished. Between the audio, instability, lack of rebinding some key things, matchmaking concerns and much more (plain for you to read in the stickied feedback thread at the top of this forum, if you'd care to pull your head out of the sand and stop denying)

But hey let me guess, if you've not had any issues then they magically don't exist for anyone else, right?

8 people vote up replies saying you're talking rubbish. 1 person (probably yourself) vote your posts claiming everything is just fine. Hmmmmm I wonder who to believe! I'll go with the majority, for surely you aren't going to presume that you know better than a huge majority?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4