What has happened to the people who left Bungie to continue Halo and supposedly make it better than ever? What happened to the developer that "supposedly" had heart for this series and making a GOOD arena shooter like Halo 1-3? 343 like many other devs have broken my heart to the point where I can't accept anything less than exactly what needs to be done and that is fixing this game and making Infinite amazing. I hate being so bitter toward the individuals behind my most played FPS's, but it's come to the point where I no longer believe the majority of them care anymore. I fear drastically for Infinite because 343 is becoming much like developers such as Bethesda and EA with this level of miscommunication and what looks a lot like laziness, carelessness. When will this game be fixed? When will they communicate that they are aware of these issues? Is it really that difficult to communicate with your fans? (Bungie did it decently) What has happened?
They frequently communicate through scheduled updates, social media, and through the forums. If you're experiencing heartbreak over this, then you are either a sad sad man or simply lying in a most foolish attempt to garner sympathy.
They frequently communicate through scheduled updates, social media, and through the forums. If you're experiencing heartbreak over this, then you are either a sad sad man or simply lying in a most foolish attempt to garner sympathy.
No, he's right. maybe 343 is overwhelmed at the moment, but looking at the horrid UI, and the fact that this "port" is not really accurate (343 -Yoinked!- with the wep starts and among other things did their best to change the game without pissing everyone off). its clear 343 are trying their best, but theyre like a miniature dog trying to jump onto a queen sized bed, theyre SO close, but sooo far.
What has happened to the people who left Bungie to continue Halo and supposedly make it better than ever?
The most influential people at Bungie were either sick of doing Halo and stayed at Bungie or are doing their own thing now. Jason Jones (founder) is still at Bungie as Chief Creative Officer, Joe Staten (head writer) is with Microsoft after leaving Bungie but works on other titles, Marty O'Donnell (audio, soundtrack) and Jaime Griesemer (design lead) went and founded Highwire Games.

The rest ("simple" developers) probably were afraid of finding new jobs and went with 343 where they continue to blindly follow stupid decisions made by their new superiors or left over the years to work for other studios. Brian Jarrard (Ske7ch) is back as community manager for Halo but seems to read off of carefully prepared scripts he got 10 minutes before major events like a puppet ("It's ready when it's ready"; I still really like the guy) and Frank O'Connor continues to lie his way to success as Franchise Development Director for Halo while being pretty unsympathetic whenever he's in front of a camera.

Then you have the fact that 343 is "starting" to listen to and communicate more with the community (which they should have done back in 2011) but compared to old Bungie their efforts just feel forced and artificial to me.
"Here's a dev blog for the month, now we will ignore you for 5 weeks while we continue to discuss and investigate issues that could be fixed in a few days but decide to delay for a few months while you go nuts on Reddit, Waypoint and so on. Oh look, there's nameplates to earn. Shiny!"
They need to rope in a new generation to make Call of Duty / Fortnite money. Men in their 20's and 30's who enjoyed the OG Halos don't fit their target demographic. Only exception being the MCC which is kind of nostalgia bait.
I remember back at the peak of Halo 3 you could find weekly posts on Bungie.net from the community manager so you always knew what was going on and the community felt engaged and important. Occasionally you'd see a Bungie employee hop on the forums to interact with us on popular topics or answering questions.

But here? Radio silence apart from posting patch notes which we cant even reply to/discuss on the thread. There are huge threads on this website like "The DMR Start Problem" which are just being ignored by the devs rather than being addressed or even acknowledged. It just really drives the point home that 343 don't care about the community.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss modded content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked or post about forum moderation decisions.If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
"frequently"...that's cute.

The "communication" is only regarding playlist changes at best. Nothing regarding the real issues.