Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] What is the use of crouching in this FPS game?

OP TrimMeerkat5993

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
You don't show up on the radar if moving whilst crouching.
This, and to also crouch jump to other locations.
KnightFJS wrote:
That and this, and also sometimes can help enemies miss their shots if used in good timing during gunfights despite aim assist.
Taking cover while your shields regen.
If you spam coruch you can teabag.
That is NOT how controller gameplay works. xD
Controller players invented ghandi hopping to be used against other controller players. Personally I don’t think it’s all that useful, but I would be lying if I said I hadn’t missed a few shots because of it.
I know in Halo Reach, crouching when using the DMR in title update matches will completely negate bloom, thus making it virtually pinpoint even when you spam the trigger.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
KnightFJS wrote:
That and this, and also sometimes can help enemies miss their shots if used in good timing during gunfights despite aim assist.
Sure you're not just bad?
lmao. from what you are saying you might as well not even move nor aim since your going to die anyways.

crouching is for hiding from radar, getting higher than normal places, and tea bagging.

if you are complaining about controller users then you really are a minority in this game, less than 8 % of players use keyboard and mouse.