Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Whats confirmed and whats speculation*EMAIL*

OP smasher555

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 17
I just thought of something really, really important! Do we know if the PC version of MCC will have installation limits, such as limits on the number of times the game can be installed or reinstalled on a single hard drive? I only ask this because I still own a copy of Halo 2 Vista, and to this day that installation limit haunts me, because it means that if I have to uninstall the game because my computer crashes or I get a virus, then I can only reinstall it a limited number of times. Is there any information available on this subject?
GaybeSyn wrote:
Do you know if Halo MCC PC will be inclued on Xbox Game Pass for PC ?
Most likely not. They are going to want to sell the game separately, but you never know.
That's What I Thought firstly ... But , If you see the "Infographie Buisness Picture" official of HALO MCC PC Version from 343, you can distinctly see the mention "Xbox Game Pass". And It seem to be clear they don't talk about the Xbox Console Version.

https://www.casimages.com/i/190319093724550027.jpg.html

But If you see the latest comments of Brian Jarrard (Community Manager) , Halo MCC PC won't have Play Anywhere.

https://www.windowscentral.com/halo-master-chief-collection-pc-team-talks-cross-play-xbox-play-anywhere

So ? Is Halo MCC would be the first Game from Microsoft to have Xbox Game Pass on PC Without Play Anywhere ? It's very strange ! (You Should Add this to your "pined" comment, It's critical important as I think)
I just thought of something really, really important! Do we know if the PC version of MCC will have installation limits, such as limits on the number of times the game can be installed or reinstalled on a single hard drive? I only ask this because I still own a copy of Halo 2 Vista, and to this day that installation limit haunts me, because it means that if I have to uninstall the game because my computer crashes or I get a virus, then I can only reinstall it a limited number of times. Is there any information available on this subject?
I can't say for sure on windows store, but on Steam DRM download limitations will not be a problem.
smasher555 wrote:
NOT CONFIRMED
  • crossplay
  • Cross play between steam and windows store (thanks LarsBars)
These have been addressed by 343:

Crossplay - Not at launch but may be considered in the future

Crossplay between Steam and Windows - Confirmed that this will happen. PC user base will be unified.

Quote:

According to Halo Community Director, Brian Jarrard, cross-play remains a topic the team "wants" to make happen; but is focusing on releasing its PC versions "the right way." It indicates that while open to the concept, cross-play isn't in development for launch day.
Quote:
I think people have asked a lot about cross-play. And I think there's two different discussions there. I should say on PC, you're going to get the same great experience regardless of which store you buy it from, right? [We] want players to have a choice there. Certainly, whether you pick it up on the Windows Store or Steam, you'll play together, that's not a problem.
The real question on people's mind is can I play Xbox against PC? And truth be told right now, we are really focused on making sure that we can bring these games to PC in the right way. But the team would love to hear feedback on this and as we get further down the road, it's something I think we're going to have to evaluate, and if it's something that the community wants and makes sense, I think the team wants to make it happen. But right now, we really need to focus on getting these PC products out the right way.
https://www.windowscentral.com/halo-master-chief-collection-pc-team-talks-cross-play-xbox-play-anywhere
No Microsoft game released on Windows 10 has this limit anymore. That was strictly a GFWL DRM policy that the Microsoft Store doesn't use and it is doubtful the Steam version will use either.

It will more than likely be tied to your Microsoft Account (required on both Windows 10 and Steam) though Xbox Live GOLD is NOT required.
Right, so my current plan is to get as much confirmed as possible during the AMA today then update the forum after I get a response from a 343 employee. I would like to thank people for keeping me updated as well.
Halo's gonna be on PC thats for sure
smasher555 wrote:
Right, so my current plan is to get as much confirmed as possible during the AMA today then update the forum after I get a response from a 343 employee. I would like to thank people for keeping me updated as well.
Okay,

Could you verify and Confirm (from an 343 Employee) if Halo MCC for PC will be inclued into Xbox Game Pass for PC ?

Thank you very Mutch for your work.
Im hoping this game will have ranked playlist just like the xbox version currently.
Smasher55,

May I suggest an edit to the following point?
Quote:
  • MCC progress caries over but not reach and not mid mission saves.
Perhaps fleshing this one out a bit to something like:

Progress, achievements, data, maps and gametypes will carry over between Xbox One and PC. Mid mission saves will not. Reach Xbox 360 will not.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Quote:
MCC progress caries over but not reach
Man thats rough! I was an Eclipse with like 32 days worth played.

Oh well, It'll still be fun to start over!
Hamel wrote:
Quote:
MCC progress caries over but not reach
Man thats rough! I was an Eclipse with like 32 days worth played.

Oh well, It'll still be fun to start over!
Atleast the current achievements for MCC carry over. Thank goodness for that 🙈
Is player customization progression confirmed? Like will we be able to work towards inheritor again and unlock stuff or is it going to be all open to free customize?
Is player customization progression confirmed? Like will we be able to work towards inheritor again and unlock stuff or is it going to be all open to free customize?
Yes! Full "mix and match" customization has been confirmed for Halo Reach on the MCC!!
Has any news been given how much Reach will be on the Xbox?
jokinges wrote:
Has any news been given how much Reach will be on the Xbox?
Nope.
My guess would be anything from $5 - $15

Also remember the MP and Forge will be free.
Just the Campaign and FF is going to be paid add-on.
So far the only really concerning thing that i have noticed is how they are going to be sealing each game separate on steam.
jokinges wrote:
So far the only really concerning thing that i have noticed is how they are going to be sealing each game separate on steam.
They will also offer a bundle price once they're all out.
I'm not sure it's be said but for Forge will it include the original Halo Reach Forge, which was a master piece or will it be the okay Halo 5 Forge?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 17