Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Whats confirmed and whats speculation*E3*

OP smasher555

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 26
smasher555 wrote:
NOT CONFIRMED
  • if xbox live gold is needed or just an xbox account
It already has been confirmed that you will NOT need Xbox Live Gold.

Every single Microsoft game (Forza Motorsport 7, Horizon 3, Horizon 4, Gears Ultimate, Gears 4 etc) do NOT require Xbox Live Gold.

You will however need an Xbox account (confirmed via Steam store page)
Further Proof that gold is not needed
smasher555 wrote:
Right I figure it would be a good idea to keep everything that has been confirmed together in one little place for people to reference.
CONFIRMED
  • MCC will launch on steam and windows store
  • MCC will launch titles as they are ready starting with reach and going in release order from there (CE-2-3-odst-4)
  • MCC on PC will include things like FOV sliders, different resolutions (ultrawide still unknown), and custom key bindings
  • MCC will start launching titles sometime this year
  • MCC will bring all games up to 60fps and
  • Reach will come as a full package on PC unlike xbox
NOT CONFIRMED
  • Price of MCC is not confirmed or its exact pay model
  • ultrawide support
  • FPS above 60
  • crossplay
  • if xbox live gold is needed or just an xbox account
  • if progress from xbox carries over to PC
  • Mod Support
  • Cross buy / play anywhere (thanks LarsBars)
  • Cross play between steam and windows store (thanks LarsBars)
  • ODST Firefight (thanks Heronimon)
  • Full armor customization for each game (thanks Heronimon)
fell free to put anything new or other speculation in the thread I will keep this updated until reach drops.
Hey man, Gold is not required to play online with MCC on the PC, simply having a Microsoft account is enough! :) only recently confirmed
I'm thinking that armor customization for Reach or any other game for that matter will not be fully customizable. But with Reach, you'll have different tiers of customization for each set of armor to try to expand on the different permutations you can have.
UNCONFIRMED:
  • Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (HCEA) multiplayer will receive its own match composer selection.
Id just like to thank you for doing this! I'm so happy to finally get this to PC!
Please please please please ODST firefight
Halo 3 Mythic?
Phaaze wrote:
I'm thinking that armor customization for Reach or any other game for that matter will not be fully customizable. But with Reach, you'll have different tiers of customization for each set of armor to try to expand on the different permutations you can have.
I think Reach is a port, sui full armor customization.

343 please fix your customization and allow for all unlocks :D
Phaaze wrote:
I think Reach is a port, sui full armor customization.

343 please fix your customization and allow for all unlocks :D
Well if that is the case then I'd be glad to rock the armor I had been wearing before I stopped playing Reach years ago.
right i've had my chance to jump on and I would like to thank people for keeping me updated for what has been confirmed. the main topic has been updated.
smasher555 wrote:
LarsBars wrote:
Awesome idea! Some more unconfirmed things:

• Cross-buy (do current MCC owners get the Windows store PC version for free?)
  • Cross-play between Windows 10 store and Steam (some games don't allow crossplay :( so we have to ask)
added thanks for the points. what games don't allow crossplay between steam and windows store btw?
I feel like it would be better to ask if there will be cross play from the console to the pc i would imagine that cross play from Microsoft store to steam would be a no brainer. not trying to be mean or anything i understand the question is still a concern but i just feel like that would be a more asked question.
Update this:

Quote:
MCC will bring all games up to 60fps and
to this:
Quote:
MCC will bring all games up to 60fps/4K/HDR.
Update this:

Quote:
MCC will bring all games up to 60fps and
to this:
Quote:
MCC will bring all games up to 60fps/4K/HDR.
done, don't know how that extra and got in there.
The biggest thing for me that was a huge let down with the MCC launch was the lack of customization of spartans. I hope with the PC release with Reach coming, they will rethink how they approach customization. PLEASE OH PLEASE 343
Erunion wrote:
Russkiy117 wrote:
Be nice too if Halo MCC Supports at least Windows 8.1 cause not all PCs use Windows 10
I know some people still on 7 who are hoping the Steam version at least will run on that. I’d be very surprised if that were the case though.
Doesn't Windows 7 support end in January next year? Microsoft in general surely have a vested interest in encouraging people to make the leap therefore?
I think another thing that is not confirmed is if the UI will be the same as the Xbox One version. We don't know if its going to be the same or completely different.
Oh I'm so hoping for mod support, that way the players can make their own Halo 3 anniversary, fix Halo 4's campaign shortcomings like replacement models for the Covenant, import SPv3 for Combat Evolved, the possibilities are near endless.
Oh my god, same here, man! Although, I kind of doubt that SPV3 would be imported, since it uses OpenSauce and there's not a lot of information regarding whether or not the MCC will play nice with OpenSauce. If anything, we're at least getting Halo 3 on the PC! And Halo 2... again, but hopefully without all of the B.S. that accompanied its launch on Vista.
I want to speculate that there will be Brutes back.
Any word on whether my reach progress will carry over to PC via my XBL account? The grind was pretty tough and to have to do it again will be a real struggle.
smasher555 wrote:
  • if progress from xbox carries over to PC
Really hope this turns into a confirm
Okay, this is a question I'm asking that has been answered to death, but what's the deal with motion blur in Halo: Reach?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 26