Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Whats confirmed and whats speculation*E3*

OP smasher555

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 26
I hope the MS store version will have crossplay with Xbox One and separate to Steam.
V1P V1PER wrote:
Any word on whether my reach progress will carry over to PC via my XBL account? The grind was pretty tough and to have to do it again will be a real struggle.
If you’re referring to your 360 Reach stats, that’s been confirmed as “no”.

If you’re referring to MCC Reach stats on a particular platform (Xbox, PC Windows, PC Steam) carrying over to the other platforms I personally don’t know if it’s been confirmed, but it certainly would be strange if it weren’t a Play Anywhere title which would allow your progress to carry over.
There may be a Reddit AMA next week to answer any questions.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/b0nqzk/ask_your_mcc_pcreach_questions_for_sundays_hcs/eiftbv9
Lenmacca wrote:
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/b0nqzk/ask_your_mcc_pcreach_questions_for_sundays_hcs/eiftbv9
Awesome, hopefully a chunk of the community's questions can be answered then. Obviously not all of them, but enough to tide people over for a bit :)
smasher555 wrote:
[SNIP]NOT CONFIRMED
  • ODST Firefight (thanks Heronimon)
  • ODST firefight (thanks XGN FiReBaLl)
Got firefight on there twice, bud ;)
AshamanND wrote:
smasher555 wrote:
[SNIP]NOT CONFIRMED
  • ODST Firefight (thanks Heronimon)
  • ODST firefight (thanks XGN FiReBaLl)
Got firefight on there twice, bud ;)
Wow. I feel like a fool. I'll fix that, I shouldn't try to add things when I'm tired.
Good write up, it's nice to have some solid information.
Hey,

Sorry if this has been answered:

I wondered what you guys thought about the first release, Reach. Do you think it will be released the later part of this year or earlier, maybe mid part of the year?

Also, perhaps it's just me, but I started with Halo 1; Reach came out so long after I think I'd like to start with Halo 1. Not sure though, what do you think

Thanks.
Let's make a poll of the requests by fans.
Hey,

Sorry if this has been answered:

I wondered what you guys thought about the first release, Reach. Do you think it will be the later part of this year or earlier, maybe mid part of the year.

Also, perhaps it's just me, but I started with Halo 1; Reach came out so long after I think I'd like to start with Halo 1. Not sure though, what do you think

Thanks.
They're probably doing Reach first because they're also doing it for X1. Get a big splash right off the bat.
After that it's being released in order that the games were released; so for anyone new, they'd just have to wait 1 game before playing them in order of release.

I'd say that's pretty good.
Lenmacca wrote:
Is there another way to ask questions? My reddit posts don't seem to show up (most likely because the account is too new).

Edit: Questions that, even at a slight chance, could be answered by the devs themselves in the upcoming stream.
BryanUNSC wrote:
Lenmacca wrote:
Is there another way to ask questions? My reddit posts don't seem to show up (most likely because the account is too new).
put your questions into the FAQ thread
FOV sliders will be very nice indeed, but we really need higher than 60 FPS :(. Maybe they can cap it at 100 FPS instead of higher if the physics get too wonky? Hopefully, they find a solution to this if it's an engine problem.
Because the PC version of Reach is described as being a full package, does this mean it is a straight port of the X-Box 360 version? Or is it a port of the new X-Box One version that's being added to the X-Box version of the MCC?
If the games in MCC are going to be released one after another in chronological order instead of all together at once, what are the estimated time frames between releases?
"Reach will come as a full package on PC unlike xbox"

What does this mean? What is "full package"? What will the xbox not get? Does this just mean that all dlc will be included at once or something?

What does this mean? What is "full package"? What will the xbox not get? Does this just mean that all dlc will be included at once or something?
On the Xbox the multiplayer is split off from the campaign and firefight (it's free though so that's a plus)
alalriv wrote:
If the games in MCC are going to be released one after another in chronological order instead of all together at once, what are the estimated time frames between releases?
I wonder if this means we’ll see ODST before Halo 3?
stckrboy wrote:
Lenmacca wrote:
Awesome, hopefully a chunk of the community's questions can be answered then. Obviously not all of them, but enough to tide people over for a bit :)
Super stoked for this

I think this is misleading wording. The game is already out for the Xbox, so naturally Reach is coming as an add-on to the existing release.

On PC the game is launching with reach so it just comes included when you pay for the game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 26