Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Whats confirmed and whats speculation*E3*

OP smasher555

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
Right I figure it would be a good idea to keep everything that has been confirmed together in one little place for people to reference.
*EDIT* I will only be adding things to confirmed if a 343 employee has confirmed it.
*E3* Once I'm finished with some things here and I've downloaded the beta this will be quickly updated!
CONFIRMED
  • MCC will launch on steam and windows store for both windows 7 and 10, 8 is being looked into.
  • MCC will launch titles as they are ready starting with reach and going in release order from there (CE-2-3-odst-4)
  • MCC on PC will include things like FOV sliders, different resolutions (ultrawide supported "we plan to support Windowed Mode, 21:9, 16:9, 16:10, 3:2, 4:3"), and custom key bindings
  • MCC will start launching titles sometime this year
  • MCC will bring all games up to 60fps/4K/HDR, including reach.
  • MCC titles will launch one by one with the option to wait till all games are released to buy all at once or buy each game individually.
  • MCC progress caries over but not reach and not mid mission saves.
  • Uncapped framerates are being worked on for each game but limitations might be set for some.
  • No motion Blur for reach
  • Reach will come as a full package on PC unlike xbox, Forge and theater will release around time work on 3 and 4 begins.
  • Reach will include full armor customization
  • All that is needed is an xbox live account, gold is not needed (lazy link, thanks for linking it Sir Cool One)
  • A 64 bit OS is needed. Windows only.
  • Flighting program has been slightly pushed back
  • The email everyone just got was not to let them know they got into the flight, that email will be coming out sometime before the flights this month.
  • Crossplay between PC platforms
  • No mod support at launch but they are looking into it
  • Anti cheat systems a top priority
  • Custom games browser
  • No plans for ODST firefight at this time
NOT CONFIRMED
  • HCEA match composer (thanks eLantern)
  • Community servers
feel free to put anything new or other speculation in the thread I will keep this updated until reach drops.
smasher555 wrote:
  • Price of MCC is not confirmed or its exact pay model
I would imagine the price would be similar to the console version $29.99 USD. Perhaps a slightly higher mark up for including Reach Campaign and ODST campaign out of the box.
smasher555 wrote:
  • Price of MCC is not confirmed or its exact pay model
I would imagine the price would be similar to the console version $29.99 USD. Perhaps a slightly higher mark up for including Reach Campaign and ODST campaign out of the box.
the reason I put it as unconfirmed is that we don't know if you will be able to buy all the games at once or if you have to pay for one game at a time. we also don't know the exact price, as soon as the info is out there I will update
Very useful thread, thanks for putting this together!
Very useful thread, thanks for putting this together!
I figured it was about time I did something constructive rather than make passive aggressive posts in the universe forum.
Awesome idea! Some more unconfirmed things:

• Cross-buy (do current MCC owners get the Windows store PC version for free?)
  • Cross-play between Windows 10 store and Steam (some games don't allow crossplay :( so we have to ask) EDIT: Steam and Store crossplay CONFIRMED
LarsBars wrote:

• Cross-play between Windows 10 store and Steam (some games don't allow crossplay :( so we have to ask)
added thanks for the points. what games don't allow crossplay between steam and windows store btw?
smasher555 wrote:
LarsBars wrote:

• Cross-play between Windows 10 store and Steam (some games don't allow crossplay :( so we have to ask)
added thanks for the points. what games don't allow crossplay between steam and windows store btw?
The example I use in this other thread is World of Warships :(
For unconfirmed:
ODST FireFight
Proper armour customization throughout titles
I mean why wouldn't it be above 60fps with an uncap framerate option?
Heronimon wrote:
For unconfirmed:
ODST FireFight
these are all good points, we do have the proper armor customizations with MCC so I assume they will go over as well, but I will add them
Riahisama wrote:
because the BLAM! engine is linked to framerate so things like explosions and physics would be drastically different with higher frame rates. They may be able to get around this but until we get conformation of FPS above 60 im just going to keep it at a max of 60.
smasher555 wrote:
Heronimon wrote:
For unconfirmed:
ODST FireFight
these are all good points, we do have the proper armor customizations with MCC so I assume they will go over as well, but I will add them
Riahisama wrote:
because the BLAM! engine is linked to framerate so things like explosions and physics would be drastically different with higher frame rates. They may be able to get around this but until we get conformation of FPS above 60 im just going to keep it at a max of 60.
By proper armor customization I mean like being able to wear a helmet and mix and match shoulders in Halo 3 for example
I'm so happy lol been waiting my whole life for classic Halo complete on PC!!! I do hope we don't need XBOX live subscription for this cause come one that wont sell well on PC always been free online.
Full Xbox Controller Support (on Store)?

On Steam, to be able to use things like the Steam Controller, Nintendo Pro Controller, PS4 Controller, etc. (including Xbox Controller)?
Splitscreen might be a good thing to add to, since Steam does not list it as being an available play mode.
Be nice too if Halo MCC Supports at least Windows 8.1 cause not all PCs use Windows 10
Russkiy117 wrote:
Be nice too if Halo MCC Supports at least Windows 8.1 cause not all PCs use Windows 10
I know some people still on 7 who are hoping the Steam version at least will run on that. I’d be very surprised if that were the case though.
Oh I'm so hoping for mod support, that way the players can make their own Halo 3 anniversary, fix Halo 4's campaign shortcomings like replacement models for the Covenant, import SPv3 for Combat Evolved, the possibilities are near endless.
They did confirm REACH multiplayer will be added free to play on Xbox, just the campaign price that's lingering, as I understood it from the announcement.
smasher555 wrote:
NOT CONFIRMED
  • if xbox live gold is needed or just an xbox account
It already has been confirmed that you will NOT need Xbox Live Gold.

Every single Microsoft game (Forza Motorsport 7, Horizon 3, Horizon 4, Gears Ultimate, Gears 4 etc) do NOT require Xbox Live Gold.

You will however need an Xbox account (confirmed via Steam store page)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23