Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] When is input matchmaking coming?

OP KnightFJS

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Just so that I know if I lose a 1v1 I'll know it's fair fight.
It isn't. get better.
It isn't. get better.
It is coming lol it was in the backlogs.
It isn't, because the player-base would be heavily fragmented, especially when cross-play shows up.
OceanicTax wrote:
It isn't, because the player-base would be heavily fragmented, especially when cross-play shows up.
Then why was it in the backlogs? Anyways I wouldn't care if the player base gets fragmented if that means I actually get fair fights, it could also hopefully bring back competitive since everyone knows kbm cannot win against controller.
KnightFJS wrote:
OceanicTax wrote:
Then why was it in the backlogs? Anyways I wouldn't care if the player base gets fragmented if that means I actually get fair fights, it could also hopefully bring back competitive since everyone knows kbm cannot win against controller.
Wow you have no idea do you Lets say there is 4,000,000 players on Xbox all using a controller. Now lets say there is about 1,000,000 players on PC and of them 50,000 use KBM and the other 950,000 use a controller. What PC players do you think will stand a better chance of finding a Match, not the Only KBM players that is for sure. As you will only have a player base of 50,000 where controller users will have a player base of 4,950,000.

Quote:
Please note number are for a example only and not the actual Player Base.
Now you need to realise that Aim control is not really needed in games now days the new controller designs are very precise and very easy to use what needs to happen is for Aim Assist to be dialed back a bit not just select a MP game via input as I do not believe that could be done with any sort of ease as you can just start a game with KBM and then just swap to your Elite 2 controller that has 1 to 3 times the fire rate of a standard Xbox controller and way better movement input.

Or perhaps even easier to do as this is all ready built in to the game, just tick a box in the match making that says Aim Assist disabled as there is already a Skull that dose this for campaign and I all ways have it ticked as that way bullets go where I Want them to go.
KnightFJS wrote:
OceanicTax wrote:
Crazy, it's almost like you have a disadvantage against people who have been using a particular device to play for over 20 years.

If I lost to a Street Fighter player, I wouldnt tell them to stop using their Fight Stick...

The reason you are losing battles is because of your lack of skill and experience, that's it.
Where do they say they're even considering this in the backlogs? Last I heard they weren't even considering it...
KnightFJS wrote:
Just so that I know if I lose a 1v1 I'll know it's fair fight.
maybe on the next halo Games release
KnightFJS wrote:
OceanicTax wrote:
Crazy, it's almost like you have a disadvantage against people who have been using a particular device to play for over 20 years.

If I lost to a Street Fighter player, I wouldnt tell them to stop using their Fight Stick...

The reason you are losing battles is because of your lack of skill and experience, that's it.
Sure bud. Me losing to what is definitively speaking an aimbot is a result of lack of skill and experience LMAO. if I wanted to have an unfair advantage over everyone then I would use a controller but I am not interested in using a crutch to win.
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
OceanicTax wrote:

Sure bud. Me losing to what is definitively speaking an aimbot is a result of lack of skill and experience LMAO. if I wanted to have an unfair advantage over everyone then I would use a controller but I am not interested in using a crutch to win.
Well, it was either that or they nerf mouse precision so it's a lot more sloppy and suggest to aim with mouse. Since Aim Assist was part of the experience of the actual halo games and this is, for more or less just a recreation of those games they went with Aim Assist. Removing aim assist is like removing the pistol from Halo CAE or hell, even removing Master Chief himself. It's part of the over all package because this is how it was on the consoles if you can understand that. Changing it would remove something that made Halo, Halo...

and no, Aim Assist doesn't come close to comparing to what actual AimBots do BTW. You've never seen actual aimbots in shooters if you even consider them "close" lol....

Over all though, 343i feels they're a necessity to the game. To the point Aim Assist might be tweaked, but it's not being removed...
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
OceanicTax wrote:

Well, it was either that or they nerf mouse precision so it's a lot more sloppy and suggest to aim with mouse. Since Aim Assist was part of the experience of the actual halo games and this is, for more or less just a recreation of those games they went with Aim Assist. Removing aim assist is like removing the pistol from Halo CAE or hell, even removing Master Chief himself. It's part of the over all package because this is how it was on the consoles if you can understand that. Changing it would remove something that made Halo, Halo...

and no, Aim Assist doesn't come close to comparing to what actual AimBots do BTW. You've never seen actual aimbots in shooters if you even consider them "close" lol....

Over all though, 343i feels they're a necessity to the game. To the point Aim Assist might be tweaked, but it's not being removed...
That is exactly why I am asking when is input matchmaking coming. It's annoying playing with controller babies that put such little effort into the game and go 25/5 whilst using a kbm it is a struggle to even get near 20 kills. And yeah it really does come very close to aimbots, I get people like you defend it because you can't aim without it but the fact is that it is very similar to aimbot.
Where do they say they're even considering this in the backlogs? Last I heard they weren't even considering it...
You clearly weren't invited to the most recent flight then lol. Not sure why you're lying saying they weren't considering it when they've never actually said that.
Aim assist plays an important factor, sure, but skill and experience usually overcomes any kind of advantage a controller would have over a mouse. I have been using MKB since the release of Reach and after a certain period of time your aim gets consistent enough to defeat gamepads, combined with map movement, weapons knowledge, quickly turns, strafing, power-ups (in the case of CE), using the right abilities and being smart with your tools and the ones placed on the scenary.

Nonetheless, it's also true that anyone can't use the same abilities adquired with a mouse in other and completely different FPS, and then expect to dominate a terrain that has been played for over nearly two decades by console players; regardless of input device they're gonna give you a hard time to adapt. If anything, CE should set the aim assist standard, as it is a bit lower. In addition, take into account you never know for sure if your enemy is using a controller; how do you know they don't have an amazing skill with the mouse? How do you know he's not cheating?

However, a certain way to skip crossplay when it gets added is necessary, and an input based matchmaking is not a bad option. That way, Xbox players can still have a bigger population that only uses controller, and PC mouse players can choose to accept the advantages (faster matches) and disadvantages or directly ignore crossplay.

So, in my opinion, we should wait for crossplay before, and if it gets eventually included, I'm all for some type of split up. Until then, I don't reckon it's healthy for the community.
Aim assist plays an important factor, sure, but skill and experience usually overcomes any kind of advantage a controller would have over a mouse. I have been using MKB since the release of Reach and after a certain period of time your aim gets consistent enough to defeat gamepads, combined with map movement, weapons knowledge, quickly turns, strafing, power-ups (in the case of CE), using the right abilities and being smart with your tools and the ones placed on the scenary.

Nonetheless, it's also true that anyone can't use the same abilities adquired with a mouse in other and completely different FPS, and then expect to dominate a terrain that has been played for over nearly two decades by console players; regardless of input device they're gonna give you a hard time to adapt. If anything, CE should set the aim assist standard, as it is a bit lower. In addition, take into account you never know for sure if your enemy is using a controller; how do you know they don't have an amazing skill with the mouse? How do you know he's not cheating?

However, a certain way to skip crossplay when it gets added is necessary, and an input based matchmaking is not a bad option. That way, Xbox players can still have a bigger population that only uses controller, and PC mouse players can choose to accept the advantages (faster matches) and disadvantages or directly ignore crossplay.

So, in my opinion, we should wait for crossplay before, and if it gets eventually included, I'm all for some type of split up. Until then, I don't reckon it's healthy for the community.
They put it in the backlogs if you were in the most recent flight. So input matchmaking is coming I just want to know when.
Just ask a Linux bro about fragmentation--no bueno.

But yeah, there should be matchmaking per input. I'm using a Steam controller and I am sick and tired of getting owned by mofos on their keyboards and mice. I just want a mode where I win all the time--cut a girl some slack!
Thing is I would bet most of the KBM players have never spent the time to use a controller correctly. Then again they seem to have no problem using a Coff Coff Gaming mouse where they can change the sensitivity with a touch of a key. That seems to be OK with them to me it is a CHEAT. Go and use a real mouse you know 3 buttons and has balls
Alan J T wrote:
Thing is I would bet most of the KBM players have never spent the time to use a controller correctly. Then again they seem to have no problem using a Coff Coff Gaming mouse where they can change the sensitivity with a touch of a key. That seems to be OK with them to me it is a CHEAT. Go and use a real mouse you know 3 buttons and has balls
What does changing the sensitivity with one button have to do with literally anything?

Anyways my point still stands, controller is relative to hacking and kbm is incapable of competing against controller at every level of play from casual to hardcore.
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
OceanicTax wrote:

Look up "low FOV aimbot". Very similar to the AA in Halo.

And to say that it's how it was then so that's how it should be now, is one of the worst arguments anyone can make. Imagine if we applied that type of logic to the real world. We'd still be using rocks to open nuts and living in caves.
If it's not done in time for Halo 3 then they might as well not even bother doing it at all. The remaining excitement among PC players is all about H3. If that has the same sorts of aim assist issues that Reach does then MCC multiplayer on PC is officially dead on arrival. Then we'll actually be going into Infinite with less hype than had they just not put MCC on PC at all.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2