Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] When is input matchmaking coming?

OP KnightFJS

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
D dawgy wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
OceanicTax wrote:
It isn't, because the player-base would be heavily fragmented, especially when cross-play shows up.
Then why was it in the backlogs? Anyways I wouldn't care if the player base gets fragmented if that means I actually get fair fights, it could also hopefully bring back competitive since everyone knows kbm cannot win against controller.
Crazy, it's almost like you have a disadvantage against people who have been using a particular device to play for over 20 years.

If I lost to a Street Fighter player, I wouldnt tell them to stop using their Fight Stick...

The reason you are losing battles is because of your lack of skill and experience, that's it.
Sure bud. Me losing to what is definitively speaking an aimbot is a result of lack of skill and experience LMAO. if I wanted to have an unfair advantage over everyone then I would use a controller but I am not interested in using a crutch to win.
Well, it was either that or they nerf mouse precision so it's a lot more sloppy and suggest to aim with mouse. Since Aim Assist was part of the experience of the actual halo games and this is, for more or less just a recreation of those games they went with Aim Assist. Removing aim assist is like removing the pistol from Halo CAE or hell, even removing Master Chief himself. It's part of the over all package because this is how it was on the consoles if you can understand that. Changing it would remove something that made Halo, Halo...

and no, Aim Assist doesn't come close to comparing to what actual AimBots do BTW. You've never seen actual aimbots in shooters if you even consider them "close" lol....

Over all though, 343i feels they're a necessity to the game. To the point Aim Assist might be tweaked, but it's not being removed...
Look up "low FOV aimbot". Very similar to the AA in Halo.

And to say that it's how it was then so that's how it should be now, is one of the worst arguments anyone can make. Imagine if we applied that type of logic to the real world. We'd still be using rocks to open nuts and living in caves.
Couldn't agree more, aimbot is NOT only if you jump around and kill everything on the map without even looking at them, sometimes people have it set to increase their accuracy by for example just 15%, you can look up a CS:GO Pro player "QKLY" who got banned for something similar. Also the mouse is already not 100% precise above 60fps, due to the fact that at certain frames the mouse input does not register.

Furthermore let's not be ignorant, I understand that the game has been played on xbox for the past 2 decades but that DOES NOT mean that I, or anyone else in my position lack skill or experience because guess what? before I moved to PC (which was 3 years ago) I have been playing halo for YEARS and learned all maps as well as weapon spawns and all the mechanics.

Now as for dividing the community, I can agree on making it so that you have input-based/region based matchmaking because I would love to play some custom games with my old xbox buds as well as have fair fights however I also see how that would hinder the community as it's already small.
Where do they say they're even considering this in the backlogs? Last I heard they weren't even considering it...
It's been in every monthly development update since launch.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-february-2020

Check the very bottom, both input-based matchmaking and Xbox/PC cross-play are near the top of the backlog and have been for the last several development updates.
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
OceanicTax wrote:
It isn't, because the player-base would be heavily fragmented, especially when cross-play shows up.
Then why was it in the backlogs? Anyways I wouldn't care if the player base gets fragmented if that means I actually get fair fights, it could also hopefully bring back competitive since everyone knows kbm cannot win against controller.
Crazy, it's almost like you have a disadvantage against people who have been using a particular device to play for over 20 years.

If I lost to a Street Fighter player, I wouldnt tell them to stop using their Fight Stick...

The reason you are losing battles is because of your lack of skill and experience, that's it.
Sure bud. Me losing to what is definitively speaking an aimbot is a result of lack of skill and experience LMAO. if I wanted to have an unfair advantage over everyone then I would use a controller but I am not interested in using a crutch to win.
I'm sorry you'll never be good at these games my child. They really are a truly rewarding experience.
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
OceanicTax wrote:

I'm sorry you'll never be good at these games my child. They really are a truly rewarding experience.
Yeah sure bud keep defending aimbot. I'd like to see you aim without it.
Alan J T wrote:
Thing is I would bet most of the KBM players have never spent the time to use a controller correctly. Then again they seem to have no problem using a Coff Coff Gaming mouse where they can change the sensitivity with a touch of a key. That seems to be OK with them to me it is a CHEAT. Go and use a real mouse you know 3 buttons and has balls
Or you know, you could just get a job and stop whining about what other people have.

I personally have no qualms with those that use a controller, but the aim assist is proven to exist and that is an absolutely huge advantage in Halo. No, Aim Assist is not an "I WIN" button, but it definitely makes it much easier to play Halo when your accuracy doesn't have to be as dead-on. That's personally why I'm looking forward to input matchmaking.

The idea of buying the PC version of the game is so that I don't have to invest 100 dollars into a controller and more money into batteries. Why is that a terrible thing in your world?
SodaSaint wrote:
Alan J T wrote:
Thing is I would bet most of the KBM players have never spent the time to use a controller correctly. Then again they seem to have no problem using a Coff Coff Gaming mouse where they can change the sensitivity with a touch of a key. That seems to be OK with them to me it is a CHEAT. Go and use a real mouse you know 3 buttons and has balls
Or you know, you could just get a job and stop whining about what other people have.

I personally have no qualms with those that use a controller, but the aim assist is proven to exist and that is an absolutely huge advantage in Halo. No, Aim Assist is not an "I WIN" button, but it definitely makes it much easier to play Halo when your accuracy doesn't have to be as dead-on. That's personally why I'm looking forward to input matchmaking.

The idea of buying the PC version of the game is so that I don't have to invest 100 dollars into a controller and more money into batteries. Why is that a terrible thing in your world?
I am retired bro so ya I am set I turn off aim assist in any game that will let me and have no problems but saying make input matchmaking as a option will kill the game better to just click the skull that says aim assist off and move it over to the MP config. Then when you get trounced by a Controller user you knows it is from many years of experience and not AA, and as for money for input device how much is a gaming mouse go for now now days. Hum lets have a looksee at a wireless version I believe razer is popular and apparently a excellent gaming mouse
Razer Viper Ultimate - Wireless Gaming Mouse with Charging Dock $239.00

-Yoink- that was more than me brand new Elite 2 controller that dose not require me to buy any batteries, I was thinking about $100

Oh and I can tell you this set up of mine was not cheap at all, no where near cheap my wallet just did not just bleed a little it gushed blood.

PC specks are
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Latest version updated daily.
Intel® NUC
Intel Core i7-8809G 3.1GHz (up to 4.2GHz Turbo) O/C to 4.6GHz on all cores
2x 16GB DDR4 2400+ SODIMMs
Radeon RX Vega M GH 1063-1190MHz GPU, 800MHz Memory 4GB
Razer Core X - Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Fitted with a Radeon RX 5700 O/C to 2011MHz
Has been flashed with the Radeon 5700 XT Bios
512 GB M.2 SATA SSD Operating System and Apps
1TB M.2 SATA SSD Game's only Windows and Steam
4 TB External Hard drive USB-C for Photos and Back up files
Integrated Wifi Intel® Wireless-AC 8265 + Bluetooth 4.2
Oh, look. The aim assist debate thread in another flavour, that thread finally died, can we -NOT- deus ex machina it.
This topic is still on a break, we'll let you know when it can be discussed in a polite and constructive manner.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2