1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
When Reach 1st came out for PC I played the hell out of it (mostly multiplayer), I had gotten a ton of the books so I decided to just run through the campaign (which I did). only to come back and find that NINETY PERCENT OF THE PLAYERBASE IS GONE! I literally sit in multiplayer queue's for like 8 minutes and still find nothing and close the game you guys gotta get Forge and C.E in here quick unless you want the game to lose all of its players. It sucks because I waited for this for months, the only other halo game I've really played was Halo: Online. Please fix your game 343.
Hmmm, that may be something on your end, I would try restarting your wifi or uninstall and reinstall the game
Some of us quit playing because we're bored of playing counter strike halo edition.
When Reach 1st came out for PC I played the hell out of it (mostly multiplayer), I had gotten a ton of the books so I decided to just run through the campaign (which I did). only to come back and find that NINETY PERCENT OF THE PLAYERBASE IS GONE! I literally sit in multiplayer queue's for like 8 minutes and still find nothing and close the game you guys gotta get Forge and C.E in here quick unless you want the game to lose all of its players. It sucks because I waited for this for months, the only other halo game I've really played was Halo: Online. Please fix your game 343.
Hmmm, that may be something on your end, I would try restarting your wifi or uninstall and reinstall the game
I can connect to other games just fine, and can now connect to Halo but it kicks me out saying a person in my party was removed for idling, i have never idled nor do I have anybody else in my party.
It could be because of the time of day. I usually get almost instantaneous matches in Steam during the 7 am in morning up to around 10 pm in the evening, but almost no games beyond 12 am. It could also be because the PC as a platform offers a plethora of competition for Halo. You have to remember that back in 2010, Halo was king of the Xbox. It had competition but it was the most popular game on the platform so it would obviously have the most players. The same cannot be said about the PC, however.
Probably playing another game that doesn't have them fighting people with aimbot.
D dawgy wrote:
lmao the playerbase isn't down "90%" since launch. that happens with literally EVERY game that is released
I stopped reading here because in your first two sentences you actually managed to already contradict yourself.
thats not a contradiction, i think you're just not very bright. anybody without a mental disability would understand my post but hey everyone's special in their own way :)

the entire point of my post is that any big game that's released has a massive surge of players on release, most of whom are people who buy the game on a whim or who receive it as a gift. that "90%" of players who have "left" the game are just the people who got it and loaded it up once with no intent of ever actually playing it. now that the holiday season has ended, only the people who actually want to play the game are playing it and guess what, that's well over 12,000 people as of the last 24 hours, which is FAR from a "dead game," go to steamcharts and look at literally any game and you'll see that trend.
D dawgy wrote:
lmao the playerbase isn't down "90%" since launch. that happens with literally EVERY game that is released
I stopped reading here because in your first two sentences you actually managed to already contradict yourself.
thats not a contradiction, i think you're just not very bright. anybody without a mental disability would understand my post but hey everyone's special in their own way :)

the entire point of my post is that any big game that's released has a massive surge of players on release, most of whom are people who buy the game on a whim or who receive it as a gift. that "90%" of players who have "left" the game are just the people who got it and loaded it up once with no intent of ever actually playing it. now that the holiday season has ended, only the people who actually want to play the game are playing it and guess what, that's well over 12,000 people as of the last 24 hours, which is FAR from a "dead game," go to steamcharts and look at literally any game and you'll see that trend.
True; not a contradiction. It's just a lie.

The game HAS gone down over 90% of its player base. And NOT every game losses players right off the bat.

However, it is true that hype usually leads to player loss after launch; but I don't think I've ever seen a loss of over 90% after a month from launch, you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, maybe No Man's Sky.
D dawgy wrote:

True; not a contradiction. It's just a lie.

The game HAS gone down over 90% of its player base. And NOT every game losses players right off the bat.

However, it is true that hype usually leads to player loss after launch; but I don't think I've ever seen a loss of over 90% after a month from launch, you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, maybe No Man's Sky.
no it's like literally a statistical fact. no man's sky is a very notable case but a large player count drop a month after release is expected for most games. as far as 5 minutes of research has told me, it's like the top 10 or so games on steam that didn't experience a large drop such as gtav or cs:go but literally, you can name any other "big" game and i can show you the graph and i guarantee it'll be at least a 50% drop. you can go on steamcharts right now and look at ANY game's numbers and you'll see im right. go to the games' page, drag the slider on the line graph all the way to the left so you can see the full history of the game, and then all the way on the left side of the graph there'll be something along the lines of a "\" type of shape, and if you hover over the line there you'll be able to see the peak players during the launch month and the peak players a month afterwards ALWAYS drops SIGNIFICANTLY. like i said earlier the exception to this rule occurs in the very top most popular games on steam but hey that's why they're the top games.

i will concede that 90% is unusually high but i'll also wager that that's because this -Yoink- came out in december, which is holiday shopping time so you can bet there were a lot of impulse and gift purchases contributing to it. i will also cede that yes it's likely that people being dissatisfied with the game is a contributing factor, but to that end i'll also say that it's been the holiday season and 343 ain't been working because they've been home with their families and -Yoink-. people need to have a little patience, and i bet that by february, when a patch or two has been released, the numbers are gonna be back up by a significant amount.
D dawgy wrote:

In your first sentence, you are denying the stat of the playerbase being down 90% then in your second sentence you accept the stat of the 90% and go on further to say that it happens in every game. You cannot simultaneously accept and deny a piece of information. That is a contradiction.

However, I suppose if your definition of "playerbase" is different, it would not be a contradiction, which it does appear that your definition differs.

I will concede that player retention from day 1 numbers will never be very high. 50% would have been a great accomplishment, but a max 13k unique concurrent users is downright shameful.
AsteriskX wrote:
Some of us quit playing because we're bored of playing counter strike halo edition.
It's a good thing that Halo 2 and 3 are on the way. No perks, no DMR starts.
it does seem to be a little difficult to find matches in 8v8 action sack. I think one of the reasons a lot of people have stopped playing so much is that double xp is over. Combined with some audio issues and not a lot of playlist updates and whatnot.
lmao the playerbase isn't down "90%" since launch. that happens with literally EVERY game that is released, a ton of people buy it on steam and many of them literally open it once and then never play it again, and thats assuming they open it at all. you can check the achievements on any game and see that even the easiest achievements are usually only earned by about ~85% of people, because hella people get games as gifts or just buy them for the sake of buying them and then never play them again. this game is FAR from dead. right now its NOON on a TUESDAY and there are almost 5,000 people in game. the 24 hour peak is nearly three times that at ~13,000 people, and thats not including the windows store people. why do people always try to claim that games which are clearly not dead are dead? i remember a similar thing happening with pubg where people were like "pubg is DEaDeadeAdEadead" but that -Yoink- still has 500,000 people playing it at any given time. like lmao nobody thinks youre cool for trying to make drama kid

pyramid what server are you connecting to? because an 8 minute wait time is absurd unless youre on the south east asia server or something my guy
I'm in California, I checked and have no updates (so says gamepass and windows store).
okay well currently its like 9am on a tuesday for you and the west coast is generally less populated in terms of player count than the east coast so theres probably not a huge number of people on where youre playing. also what modes are you searching for cuz aint nobody playing 2v2 1v1 or -Yoink- like action sack my guy. try doing 4v4 or 8v8 with slayer and the 3 objective modes ticked and im sure youll find a match real quick
I haven't tried today, this is on the weekends that I'm trying.
then im gonna assume youre either trying to play the least popular gamemodes available, or for some reason its trying to connect you to the south east asia servers or something. the former would be your fault, but the latter would be a valid thing to -Yoink- about on the forums. test it out and see what server it connects you to when you do find a game, and if it isnt a usa server then make a post complaining about the lack of server selection
I've been trying to get into BTB games (with all modes selected).
This might be part of the issue. Ive usually selected either smaller game modes, or firefight and have had no issue getting into matches..
Zabii wrote:
Update your game. If you are seeing 8 minute queues in any game type, something is wrong on your end. I get instant matches pretty much any time of day.
There are a little over 6000 players online on Steam... A big chunk of those are probably playing campaign.

Let's be generous and say that 4000 are in matchmaking, you cannot be guaranteed to find a game in your prefered playlist with such a low playcount, especially considering it locks you to a certain region.

lmao the playerbase isn't down "90%" since launch. that happens with literally EVERY game that is released, a ton of people buy it on steam and many of them literally open it once and then never play it again, and thats assuming they open it at all. you can check the achievements on any game and see that even the easiest achievements are usually only earned by about ~85% of people, because hella people get games as gifts or just buy them for the sake of buying them and then never play them again. this game is FAR from dead. right now its NOON on a TUESDAY and there are almost 5,000 people in game. the 24 hour peak is nearly three times that at ~13,000 people, and thats not including the windows store people. why do people always try to claim that games which are clearly not dead are dead? i remember a similar thing happening with pubg where people were like "pubg is DEaDeadeAdEadead" but that -Yoink- still has 500,000 people playing it at any given time. like lmao nobody thinks youre cool for trying to make drama kid

pyramid what server are you connecting to? because an 8 minute wait time is absurd unless youre on the south east asia server or something my guy
I'm in California, I checked and have no updates (so says gamepass and windows store).
okay well currently its like 9am on a tuesday for you and the west coast is generally less populated in terms of player count than the east coast so theres probably not a huge number of people on where youre playing. also what modes are you searching for cuz aint nobody playing 2v2 1v1 or -Yoink- like action sack my guy. try doing 4v4 or 8v8 with slayer and the 3 objective modes ticked and im sure youll find a match real quick
I haven't tried today, this is on the weekends that I'm trying.
then im gonna assume youre either trying to play the least popular gamemodes available, or for some reason its trying to connect you to the south east asia servers or something. the former would be your fault, but the latter would be a valid thing to -Yoink- about on the forums. test it out and see what server it connects you to when you do find a game, and if it isnt a usa server then make a post complaining about the lack of server selection
I've been trying to get into BTB games (with all modes selected).
BTB is kinda messy atm with all the DMR snipe-spam, people are fed up with it. Look for smaller modes.
Flag & Bomb (on 8v8 anyway) has its fair share of that too.....
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2