Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Which PC release will be the most popular?

OP JamboNzy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So, I'm really only caring about combat evolved, really don't care about the other games, they are really very little like halo:ce.

What games are you guys expecting to play online? Which of these games will have the biggest following?
I'm sure they'll all do pretty well. I'll be sticking to Halo 2 and 3 once those release.
Halo 3 for sure !!
it's to me the best halo multiplayer experience :)
I think Reach will be the most popular for casual players, while 2-3 will be the way to go for more competitive players.
at the moment 3 & reach will have the most impact I'd say
The release of Halo will bring a whole new audience to the franchise. Even though probably most of us love Halo 3 multiplayer the most, I think Reach will do the best. This is just because Halo Reach is the griddiest, most military focused release, but also because it releases first. Because it comes out first it will probably get a lot of people to try it. Some will like Halo, some will not.

Personally I hope that Reach and Halo 3 will both have active multiplayer communities since I really, really love both!
I think reach will probably be most popular initially but once halo gains more traction on the pc ce and 2 may overtake it purely because of their accessibility because they can run on lower tier hardware
JamboNzy wrote:
So, I'm really only caring about combat evolved, really don't care about the other games, they are really very little like halo:ce.

What games are you guys expecting to play online? Which of these games will have the biggest following?
I've played CE more than any of the other Halo games, so I understand how you feel. I'll definitely be spending a lot of time playing CE multiplayer once it launches, both for the gameplay and the nostalgia. That being said, Halo 2 and 3 have great multiplayer experiences, and I'm very excited for those, as well. Once they're released, I'll probably be spending more time playing them than CE.

In terms of which of the games are likely to have the largest followings, I'm guessing that will be Reach and H3. However, I certainly hope there will be plenty of people playing CE long after it's out.
Halo CE I think. its the first,

Mp wise i think Reach would be most popular
In terms of the actual lore - Halo Wars takes place first and then it's Halo Reach followed by subsequent titles. Halo Combat Evolved was the very first Halo game released on Xbox back in 2001 and on PC in 2003. Halo Wars and Halo Reach came out after as prequel titles.

Since MCC won't have Halo Wars it will be released chronologically after Halo Reach.

Halo Reach < Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary < Halo 2 Anniversary < Halo 3 < Halo 3 ODST (Campaign) < Halo 4

Personally, I'm looking forward to Halo: Combat Evolved (Also known as Halo CE). I'm a little biased because I've played this version on PC for well over a decade but it's genuinely one of the best titles in the Halo franchise.

EDIT: The Flight emails will be sent out by the end of this week for the first wave of insiders.
Halo 3
Probably Halo 3. It had the best multiplayer, IMO.
I am not into multiplayer like i used too. Only the singleplayer campaigns. I think all the campaigns are going to be good. I am a huge ODST Fan and original Halo.
JamboNzy wrote:

im going to play all halo pc games for hours a day each, that being said im probably going to be enjoying and playing more Halo 3 than the others.
i think that the majority of people will be playing H3 for the most part
Hopefully Reach since I loved all the cool and fun custom games people came up with. Always loved custom infection maps and game modes, or indiana jones maps, or obstacle courses
I probably say Halo 2 or Halo 3. I think Reach lacking forge until sometime around development of Halo 3 will hurt its popularity since custom games really gave it longevity instead of its odd combat loop. Halo 2 and Halo 3 had a really good combat loop.
I predict that Halo 3 will do very well
I predict that Halo 3 will do very well
I imagine it will be the most anticipated Halo game on PC, after all this is where "we" left off. Halo 1 & 2 released on PC.
Probably Halo 3 . Out of all the games that has been the most loved so far and probably will continue to be the fan favourite . Fingers crossed infinite takes the crown .
I think halo 3 will be the most popular, best multiplayer.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2