Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I never played MCC until it was released on Steam after patiently waiting for so long because I never owned an Xbox one, and I gotta say despite all of the negative threads on how horrible this game is, I disagree 100% completely. I’m talking about MCC as a whole, not each Halo game individually. Here are the reasons...

1. No Map Voting

You read correctly, and I’ll say it again; NO MAP VOTING. This is exactly what killed the fun from my Halo 3 and Reach experience on the Xbox 360, simply because there was no map variety due to the majority of players voting for the same maps over and again. I came from the Halo 2 days and one of the many aspects that made that game solid gold was how each and every map was played with each and every gametype, before vetoing even existed. With the MCC I can’t tell you how fun it is to be able to play a lot of the built-in maps from Reach that I missed out on the Xbox 360, simply because everybody voted for FORGE MAPS constantly. Now, I personally never liked Forge Maps only because they had no environment to them like the built-in maps do. But I do like having a few Forge Maps sprinkled in as part of the map rotation, just as long as all of the maps get a chance to shine.

2. Match Composer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/halo-master-chief-collection-shows-off-new-matchma/1100-6462494/

I love 343 for this because this is exactly what every single Halo game needed in the collection. What makes Halo so much fun is the objective games, so the fact that we can tailor all of the gametypes to whatever we want to play is genius from 343. Even if I only want to play Slayer, at least all of the maps will support that gametype.

This is all I want for Halo Infinite. Believe it or not, as much as the majority trashes this game, 343 have made this collection exactly the way it needs to be and what the old Halo fans deserved.

Now lastly as to why I stand by 343’s decision to release each game one by one in the collection instead of releasing all the games entirely; It’s a smart move so that each game will get to be played online for enough time until the next game is released. Imagine if all of the games were released in the collection all at once, then people would complain how there’s nobody playing their favorite Halo and it would be harder to find matches for them.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
343 have made this collection exactly the way it needs to be and what the old Halo fans deserved.
*Frantically ignores glaring technical issues, missing content and multiplayer issues*
343 have made this collection exactly the way it needs to be and what the old Halo fans deserved.
*Frantically ignores glaring technical issues, missing content and multiplayer issues*
I wonder if he would of said the same in 2014 too on the console mcc
I give the guy credit for at least pointing out what he likes though come on guys don't bash on the guy cause he point out 2 things he likes. At least he didn't get negative about the issues that are present. And sure the stuff needs to be worked on.

I can at least see what he is looking at. I've lost count how many maps in i.e like bf4 and bf1 I never got the chance to play. Why? Cause people always voted for the maps they loved and knew best. So I can see how this guy looking at what he likes.
Now lastly as to why I stand by 343’s decision to release each game one by one in the collection instead of releasing all the games entirely; It’s a smart move so that each game will get to be played online for enough time until the next game is released. Imagine if all of the games were released in the collection all at once, then people would complain how there’s nobody playing their favorite Halo and it would be harder to find matches for them.
This part I find awesome. I can't find a game with 30 minutes of search at the present time in Hardcore but it's a good thing. Apparently games will be played longer because they will release sporadically. LMAO Yesterday the steam player peak was 6000. Beginning of the week was 9000. No one plays the game already and H:CEA is not even close to release. I am not even mentionning the bugs and the AA problem that are related to people abandonning the ship..
I smell a rat.
Minicrom wrote:
Now lastly as to why I stand by 343’s decision to release each game one by one in the collection instead of releasing all the games entirely; It’s a smart move so that each game will get to be played online for enough time until the next game is released. Imagine if all of the games were released in the collection all at once, then people would complain how there’s nobody playing their favorite Halo and it would be harder to find matches for them.
This part I find awesome. I can't find a game with 30 minutes of search at the present time in Hardcore but it's a good thing. Apparently games will be played longer because they will release sporadically. LMAO Yesterday the steam player peak was 6000. Beginning of the week was 9000. No one plays the game already and H:CEA is not even close to release. I am not even mentionning the bugs and the AA problem that are related to people abandonning the ship..
Not even close to release? Lmao flights are supposed to start this month and will most likely be out in Feb. They are booking it considering a good portion of December was them being a good company to their employees and giving them the holidays. Calm down and stop being an alarmist using steam numbers after the winter steam sale AND this Lunar New Years sale. Reach is old, people probably got a bunch of new games to play.
30 minutes of queue time in France during the day ! It's not because the game is old. Outside of USA no one plays. No healthy game no matter how old suffers that. Last time I checked Flights for CE starts in February. And it will most liklely not release in February. But will see I guess.
I never played MCC until it was released on Steam after patiently waiting for so long because I never owned an Xbox one, and I gotta say despite all of the negative threads on how horrible this game is, I disagree 100% completely. I’m talking about MCC as a whole, not each Halo game individually. Here are the reasons...

1. No Map Voting

You read correctly, and I’ll say it again; NO MAP VOTING. This is exactly what killed the fun from my Halo 3 and Reach experience on the Xbox 360, simply because there was no map variety due to the majority of players voting for the same maps over and again. I came from the Halo 2 days and one of the many aspects that made that game solid gold was how each and every map was played with each and every gametype, before vetoing even existed. With the MCC I can’t tell you how fun it is to be able to play a lot of the built-in maps from Reach that I missed out on the Xbox 360, simply because everybody voted for FORGE MAPS constantly. Now, I personally never liked Forge Maps only because they had no environment to them like the built-in maps do. But I do like having a few Forge Maps sprinkled in as part of the map rotation, just as long as all of the maps get a chance to shine.

2. Match Composer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/halo-master-chief-collection-shows-off-new-matchma/1100-6462494/

I love 343 for this because this is exactly what every single Halo game needed in the collection. What makes Halo so much fun is the objective games, so the fact that we can tailor all of the gametypes to whatever we want to play is genius from 343. Even if I only want to play Slayer, at least all of the maps will support that gametype.

This is all I want for Halo Infinite. Believe it or not, as much as the majority trashes this game, 343 have made this collection exactly the way it needs to be and what the old Halo fans deserved.

Now lastly as to why I stand by 343’s decision to release each game one by one in the collection instead of releasing all the games entirely; It’s a smart move so that each game will get to be played online for enough time until the next game is released. Imagine if all of the games were released in the collection all at once, then people would complain how there’s nobody playing their favorite Halo and it would be harder to find matches for them.
Real halo fans are not happy with this release and this is not what we deserve.

I personally have waited for halo to come to pc for over a decade and then it ends up being like this.
I don't fully agree with everything with OP. What I would really like is a option to join the team in matchmaking or not and it be nice if it showed what map about to start instead of being lock in being force to play the map. Though hey there a lot of room for improvements even dedicated servers like how original halo for pc was.
On map voting.
People voted for the same maps over and over again because they were GOOD MAPS.
Letting a MINORITY of people play the maps that the MAJORITY dislike is not right. And what is the cost of doing that? EVERYONE is forced to play the few TERRIBLE maps. Infection maps that are crazy one sided, open maps that allow too much spawn killing, and odd map/obj combos that result in awkward games that aren't fun for either side.
KnightFJS wrote:
I never played MCC until it was released on Steam after patiently waiting for so long because I never owned an Xbox one, and I gotta say despite all of the negative threads on how horrible this game is, I disagree 100% completely. I’m talking about MCC as a whole, not each Halo game individually. Here are the reasons...

1. No Map Voting

You read correctly, and I’ll say it again; NO MAP VOTING. This is exactly what killed the fun from my Halo 3 and Reach experience on the Xbox 360, simply because there was no map variety due to the majority of players voting for the same maps over and again. I came from the Halo 2 days and one of the many aspects that made that game solid gold was how each and every map was played with each and every gametype, before vetoing even existed. With the MCC I can’t tell you how fun it is to be able to play a lot of the built-in maps from Reach that I missed out on the Xbox 360, simply because everybody voted for FORGE MAPS constantly. Now, I personally never liked Forge Maps only because they had no environment to them like the built-in maps do. But I do like having a few Forge Maps sprinkled in as part of the map rotation, just as long as all of the maps get a chance to shine.

2. Match Composer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/halo-master-chief-collection-shows-off-new-matchma/1100-6462494/

I love 343 for this because this is exactly what every single Halo game needed in the collection. What makes Halo so much fun is the objective games, so the fact that we can tailor all of the gametypes to whatever we want to play is genius from 343. Even if I only want to play Slayer, at least all of the maps will support that gametype.

This is all I want for Halo Infinite. Believe it or not, as much as the majority trashes this game, 343 have made this collection exactly the way it needs to be and what the old Halo fans deserved.

Now lastly as to why I stand by 343’s decision to release each game one by one in the collection instead of releasing all the games entirely; It’s a smart move so that each game will get to be played online for enough time until the next game is released. Imagine if all of the games were released in the collection all at once, then people would complain how there’s nobody playing their favorite Halo and it would be harder to find matches for them.
Real halo fans are not happy with this release and this is not what we deserve.

I personally have waited for halo to come to pc for over a decade and then it ends up being like this.
It's exactly this attitude of entitlement that should be avoided. You don't DESERVE anything.
KnightFJS wrote:
Real halo fans are not happy with this release and this is not what we deserve.

I personally have waited for halo to come to pc for over a decade and then it ends up being like this.
It's exactly this attitude of entitlement that should be avoided. You don't DESERVE anything.
So a person that not happy on how the game turn out is called Entitlement? And yet you say he deserves nothing? Alrighty then...
KnightFJS wrote:
Real halo fans are not happy with this release and this is not what we deserve.

I personally have waited for halo to come to pc for over a decade and then it ends up being like this.
It's exactly this attitude of entitlement that should be avoided. You don't DESERVE anything.
So a person that not happy on how the game turn out is called Entitlement? And yet you say he deserves nothing? Alrighty then...
KnightFJS wrote:
Real halo fans are not happy with this release and this is not what we deserve.

I personally have waited for halo to come to pc for over a decade and then it ends up being like this.
It's exactly this attitude of entitlement that should be avoided. You don't DESERVE anything.
So a person that not happy on how the game turn out is called Entitlement? And yet you say he deserves nothing? Alrighty then...
1. They attempted to alienate and invalidate opinions by using the classic cliche of "Real Halo Fans"
2. The tone of the text itself reeks of entitlement. Just because you aren't happy with a game and his case "waited 10 years" does not mean you deserve anything.
What they do deserve is already paid i.e. a copy of the game(s) for which they gave 10/40 dollars for and nothing more.
They must be doing it right, considering the number of daily players that there are on the game now. Because a drop of 90% proves that everything is going swell! :D
Top of the Spartan 😂
KnightFJS wrote:
Real halo fans are not happy with this release and this is not what we deserve.

I personally have waited for halo to come to pc for over a decade and then it ends up being like this.
It's exactly this attitude of entitlement that should be avoided. You don't DESERVE anything.
Actually, when you give a company money for an item that isn't a prototype or beta, you 100% deserve a complete, functioning, working product without flaws or bugs. That's kind of how the real world works. Lets say you went to a vacuum shop and bought a vacuum. You get it home, plug it in, start it up and it appears to be working just fine. The next day you use it and it starts having issues, the brushes won't always spin, or there's something wrong with the suction and its not picking up all the dirt. I would assume that you would immediately take it back to the store to see what the issue was and if they couldn't fix it in a reasonable amount of time you would demand a refund.

In this case I would argue that the release of Reach is similar. We all bought a game, it was fun at first. But after playing hours upon hours of it we are all coming to realize the glaring issues it has and are getting rather agitated by the lack of updates and communication coming from 343. No other company would wait almost 2 months to fix what most consider to be game breaking issues. While I'm happy we're getting MCC on PC, I hope this release doesn't reflect how the rest of them will go.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
I never played MCC until it was released on Steam after patiently waiting for so long because I never owned an Xbox one, and I gotta say despite all of the negative threads on how horrible this game is, I disagree 100% completely. I’m talking about MCC as a whole, not each Halo game individually. Here are the reasons...

1. No Map Voting

You read correctly, and I’ll say it again; NO MAP VOTING. This is exactly what killed the fun from my Halo 3 and Reach experience on the Xbox 360, simply because there was no map variety due to the majority of players voting for the same maps over and again. I came from the Halo 2 days and one of the many aspects that made that game solid gold was how each and every map was played with each and every gametype, before vetoing even existed. With the MCC I can’t tell you how fun it is to be able to play a lot of the built-in maps from Reach that I missed out on the Xbox 360, simply because everybody voted for FORGE MAPS constantly. Now, I personally never liked Forge Maps only because they had no environment to them like the built-in maps do. But I do like having a few Forge Maps sprinkled in as part of the map rotation, just as long as all of the maps get a chance to shine.

2. Match Composer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/halo-master-chief-collection-shows-off-new-matchma/1100-6462494/

I love 343 for this because this is exactly what every single Halo game needed in the collection. What makes Halo so much fun is the objective games, so the fact that we can tailor all of the gametypes to whatever we want to play is genius from 343. Even if I only want to play Slayer, at least all of the maps will support that gametype.

This is all I want for Halo Infinite. Believe it or not, as much as the majority trashes this game, 343 have made this collection exactly the way it needs to be and what the old Halo fans deserved.

Now lastly as to why I stand by 343’s decision to release each game one by one in the collection instead of releasing all the games entirely; It’s a smart move so that each game will get to be played online for enough time until the next game is released. Imagine if all of the games were released in the collection all at once, then people would complain how there’s nobody playing their favorite Halo and it would be harder to find matches for them.
Real halo fans are not happy with this release and this is not what we deserve.

I personally have waited for halo to come to pc for over a decade and then it ends up being like this.
It's exactly this attitude of entitlement that should be avoided. You don't DESERVE anything.
Lmao, I don't care if you're "right or wrong", there is no "right" in an opinion. Grow up, my guy. Pulling the other cliche' "You're a shill because you don't agree with me card".
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2