1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
Spoiler:
Show
Man, gotta love this community. Half the threads and comments are all about how terrible 343 is, and when someone finally posts a different opinion praising 343, everyone starts accusing him of being a shill or a troll. Someone can’t legitimately think 343 is doing a good job? Like I said in a different thread, I think they made a big mistake starting with Reach, but I can give them praise for other things. While it’s still my least liked game of the series, I can say that Reach plays fantastic on the PC. I think they did a great job on that and I can’t wait to eventually play all the rest of the games in the collection on my PC. Must everything always be negative on these forums?
Man, gotta love this community. Half the threads and comments are all about how terrible 343 is, and when someone finally posts a different opinion praising 343, everyone starts accusing him of being a shill or a troll. Someone can’t legitimately think 343 is doing a good job? Like I said in a different thread, I think they made a big mistake starting with Reach, but I can give them praise for other things. While it’s still my least liked game of the series, I can say that Reach plays fantastic on the PC. I think they did a great job on that and I can’t wait to eventually play all the rest of the games in the collection on my PC. Must everything always be negative on these forums?
People are negative because they wanted a finished product and this is very clearly not a finished product.
VMMaster33 wrote:
343 have made this collection exactly the way it needs to be and what the old Halo fans deserved.
*Frantically ignores glaring technical issues, missing content and multiplayer issues*
I wonder if he would of said the same in 2014 too on the console sos
I love how most of this thread is pure negativity. While yes this wasn't the best launch ever, it is 343's first time porting a PC game(not making an excuse just pointing that out there.) Also good for OP for being able to say what he does like. Positive feedback is just as important as negative feedback. And God bless that these mistakes and errors happen now. Id rather Halo Reach have issues than the rest of the games and even if they do have issues as long as 343 learns and uses this all for Infinite I'll be happy. Ill take a little messy now to have perfection later.
Minicrom wrote:
Now lastly as to why I stand by 343’s decision to release each game one by one in the collection instead of releasing all the games entirely; It’s a smart move so that each game will get to be played online for enough time until the next game is released. Imagine if all of the games were released in the collection all at once, then people would complain how there’s nobody playing their favorite Halo and it would be harder to find matches for them.
This part I find awesome. I can't find a game with 30 minutes of search at the present time in Hardcore but it's a good thing. Apparently games will be played longer because they will release sporadically. LMAO Yesterday the steam player peak was 6000. Beginning of the week was 9000. No one plays the game already and H:CEA is not even close to release. I am not even mentionning the bugs and the AA problem that are related to people abandonning the ship..
Releasing the games 1 by 1 can be looked at as "Content Updates" for PC and usually when a game puts out a big content update, a lot of players old will return and new players will buy it. It is a smart decision in doing so however, I don't think this is why they are doing this. They are just going into Halo CE "Flights" which means that they still have a lot of kinks to work out before the rest can follow. If they still need to flight Halo 2 / Anniversary / 3 & 4... Halo Infinite will be here before all of the games even release. which will be an extreme let down. I know the team was just on a holiday break but I am hoping these games come out a lot faster than Reach and now CE. a lot of my friends are just waiting for 2 and 3 to drop before they play because reach was their least favorite halo.

Also I am not even in the least excited to play halo ce because it is already difficult as is to finish off kills and land snipes on a moving target while strafing on KB/M.. HAlo CE's hit registry and timing is absolutely horrible when it comes to precision. so I will probably be taking a break until Halo 2 comes out when ce drops unless it is miraculously better
HH TrypZ wrote:
Also I am not even in the least excited to play halo ce because it is already difficult as is to finish off kills and land snipes on a moving target while strafing on KB/M.. HAlo CE's hit registry and timing is absolutely horrible when it comes to precision. so I will probably be taking a break until Halo 2 comes out when ce drops unless it is miraculously better
Interesting. I don't recall Halo CE being so terrible perhaps I wasn't paying attention to my k/d ratio and was just having a laugh and to much fun to focus on that back when I played it on pc.
HH TrypZ wrote:
Interesting. I don't recall Halo CE being so terrible perhaps I wasn't paying attention to my k/d ratio and was just having a laugh and to much fun to focus on that back when I played it on pc.
I don't see Halo CE as much of a competitive game at all so I completely understand that. I personally am a very competitive gamer and I have always played Halo for a challenge, so for me it was always my least favorite to end up playing on MCC for xbox, however maybe it was better on the PC Version? I forget that it was actually released on PC many years ago, I do not recall ever playing it other than to play modded lobbies for fun back in the day
Quote:
I don't see Halo CE as much of a competitive game at all so I completely understand that. I personally am a very competitive gamer and I have always played Halo for a challenge, so for me it was always my least favorite to end up playing on MCC for xbox
As someone who remembers the days of halo2sucks.com, I can’t help but find this amusing. I remember that group of people who couldn’t stand how Halo 2 was less competitive than CE. To hear someone say they think CE is the least competitive one of the games is rather funny to me.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
Man... and I thought the negativity from the community would be worse on Steam than on Waypoint... Guess I was wrong.
A lot of the blame can be put on Microsoft for rushing finalization of the game for a holiday release. 343 would've preferred it more than anybody else to delay the game so that there would've been much more polish to the build that we got along with more content/community-based events that would've been implemented if it had been for more time and a larger development crew. I mean, the game doesn't even have forge and theatre mode, and who knows how much longer that'll be since Microsoft rushed it out the door in such a beta-like state. 343 isn't immune to *all* criticism though; I mean, Dino Blasters is still a heavily weighted gametype in Action Sack, lol
MLT Lake wrote:
A lot of the blame can be put on Microsoft for rushing finalization of the game for a holiday release. 343 would've preferred it more than anybody else to delay the game so that there would've been much more polish to the build that we got along with more content/community-based events that would've been implemented if it had been for more time and a larger development crew. I mean, the game doesn't even have forge and theatre mode, and who knows how much longer that'll be since Microsoft rushed it out the door in such a beta-like state. 343 isn't immune to *all* criticism though; I mean, Dino Blasters is still a heavily weighted gametype in Action Sack, lol
Don't blame Microsoft for everything, Forge is already in the game and working with mods, only that it can only be used with a controller. So basically it's not in the game because 343 couldn't decide on proper keybindings for it and are thus delaying it until Halo 3 or 4 gets released. They have even said they would do it this way way back when they announced the ports. Pretty ridiculous.
VMMaster33 wrote:
MLT Lake wrote:
Don't blame Microsoft for everything, Forge is already in the game and working with mods, only that it can only be used with a controller. So basically it's not in the game because 343 couldn't decide on proper keybindings for it and are thus delaying it until Halo 3 or 4 gets released. They have even said they would do it this way way back when they announced the ports. Pretty ridiculous.
Yeah all they have to do is just change the bindings and we have forge operational. I know they've said they want to "update" forge for the PC and add some new things, but come on 343, just change the bindings and make your tweaks later in an update.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2