Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Will 343 fix the downgraded graphics of Halo: CE?

OP Raijin7866

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
fLaayN wrote:
The PC version had problems with Nvidia cards, with ATI you had still a nice camo and fogs, shiny walls, correct night vision when zooming with sniper etc..

And we only had to add one line in the config.txt file under your video card serie name to activate all those effects ! As far as I know :) !

The line was "DisableAlphaRenderTargets" you can google it :o
If the fix is that simple why weren’t the graphics functioning right in CEA?
Ya right? Clearly that guy trolling.
Why I'd troll ? Your behavior prove you weren't born when Halo PC was a thing and everyone known this simple line to put to get most of differences between Halo Xbox and Halo PC fixed.
fLaayN wrote:
fLaayN wrote:
The PC version had problems with Nvidia cards, with ATI you had still a nice camo and fogs, shiny walls, correct night vision when zooming with sniper etc..

And we only had to add one line in the config.txt file under your video card serie name to activate all those effects ! As far as I know :) !

Why I'd troll ? Your behavior prove you weren't born when Halo PC was a thing and everyone known this simple line to put to get most of differences between Halo Xbox and Halo PC fixed.
Excuse me you don't even know me. To say that I was not born when Halo for PC was a thing. I had the Origional Xbox and I was 16 at the time. There were issues with the game a slim down broken version for the PC. Many out there have point that out even on the forums. As the guy stated above if a simple code line would fix the problem then 343 would of had it all easily fix by now plus there wouldn't have been people modifying the game trying to bring Halo for PC its glorious look it should of had like Origional xbox version. With that being said don't pretend to know me. When you just throwing info out in the open with no proper source.
I followed the modding community closely during Halo CE PC and was usually always on Custom Edition all the time and Never once heard of this so called ATI fix for standard CE and google searching any info about it tells you that you would have a better chance meeting santa claus before you find a relevant search result
They are more likely to break them even more. Every time they add something to MCC the take away rather than add.
fLaayN wrote:
fLaayN wrote:

Excuse me you don't even know me. To say that I was not born when Halo for PC was a thing. I had the Origional Xbox and I was 16 at the time. There were issues with the game a slim down broken version for the PC. Many out there have point that out even on the forums. As the guy stated above if a simple code line would fix the problem then 343 would of had it all easily fix by now plus there wouldn't have been people modifying the game trying to bring Halo for PC its glorious look it should of had like Origional xbox version. With that being said don't pretend to know me. When you just throwing info out in the open with no proper source.
You don't even know me so why you think I'm trolling ?

Yeah you were on Xbox so you have no clue about what I said, and you do not even know how to google you and Duranu because I find this video in 2 clics :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjjI8sa3BFQ (proving it fix camo) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32tvr6JjNgw (another one to prove for walls)

And it for sure fix night vision when zooming with sniper.

Back in 2003 playing Halo Trial (if you know what is it, if you don't find on google i can do it for you) it was already a famous tip. As I said in my first post (if you would have read it right) "As far as I know" it fix lot of problems that the PC version has. I don't know if it fix ALL OF THEM, but some for sure.

Now you started being agressive with me, I tried to be nice giving an information to people but first thing you do is thinking I'm wasting my and people time trolling.
fLaayN wrote:
fLaayN wrote:
fLaayN wrote:

Yeah you were on Xbox so you have no clue about what I said, and you do not even know how to google you and Duranu because I find this video in 2 clics :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjjI8sa3BFQ (proving it fix camo)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32tvr6JjNgw (another one to prove for walls)

Back in 2003 playing Halo Trial (if you know what is it, if you don't find on google i can do it for you) it was already a famous tip. As I said in my first post (if you would have read it right) "As far as I know" it fix lot of problems that the PC version has. I don't know if it fix ALL OF THEM, but some for sure.

Now you started being agressive with me, I tried to be nice giving an information to people but first thing you do is thinking I'm wasting my and people time trolling.
As stated above you didn't point any real source of any sort of any fix. And the videos you posted shows that its not widely known at all.. Apologies if you felt offended though putting proper source before hand would of been idea or others would of thought your pulling there legs. And you right I don't use google only bing. :)
fLaayN wrote:
fLaayN wrote:
fLaayN wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjjI8sa3BFQ (proving it fix camo)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32tvr6JjNgw (another one to prove for walls)

As stated above you didn't point any real source of any sort of any fix. And the videos you posted shows that its not widely known at all.. Apologies if you felt offended though putting proper source before hand would of been idea or others would of thought your pulling there legs. And you right I don't use google only bing. :)
It's not widely known because we were about 2000 active players back in time and Youtube was not a thing, we were using websites from the most famous teams on the game to exchange, and videos were uploaded on a personal FTP server, youtube came very late compared when Halo PC was popular.

I just googled the line "DisableAlphaRenderTarget" so I'd think people would find it easily without that I need to do it.

You could just have said " I do not find anything about what you said " or something more friendly, you and the others by the way, I was thinking people were more adult here. I'm one of the friendliest guy you can have but I did not like the attitudes there.

So in the end the thing I was talking about is fixing some but not everything, best thing to do is to instal the Halo CE Refine now that it exists.

I did not want to be mean in my answers I just felt attacked
fLaayN wrote:
fLaayN wrote:
fLaayN wrote:
fLaayN wrote:

It's not widely known because we were about 2000 active players back in time and Youtube was not a thing, we were using websites from the most famous teams on the game to exchange, and videos were uploaded on a personal FTP server, youtube came very late compared when Halo PC was popular.

I just googled the line "DisableAlphaRenderTarget" so I'd think people would find it easily without that I need to do it.

You could just have said " I do not find anything about what you said " or something more friendly, you and the others by the way, I was thinking people were more adult here. I'm one of the friendliest guy you can have but I did not like the attitudes there.

So in the end the thing I was talking about is fixing some but not everything, best thing to do is to instal the Halo CE Refine now that it exists.

I did not want to be mean in my answers I just felt attacked
Much could of been worded different on both sides man. Sometimes people just read into things differently :)
Raijin7866 wrote:
If you don't know what i'm talking about, use the link below to understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6nZPrMSu0w

Assuming you know what the problem is; does anyone know if 343 will fix the botched port of the 2003 Halo: PC when the time comes to re-release it on Steam?
They should, but the gameplay is far more important than that
The CE we got now is barely better than the abomination gearbox threw at us in 2003, and barely even plays like the masterpiece from 2001 everyone forgot thanks to them
I agree with ya man 100%. I hope all who beta test halo ce for pc makes this a thing. I know that can’t do everything but I hope it is something they look into doing. To be fair 343 has a lot on its plate. From Halo Infinite and making sure that is correct to bring halo to pc they have a lot to do. I mean there’s still 5 whole games they have to port and beta test for pc and they gotta nail halo 6 due to 5 being really bad and halo 4 being iffy. I hope they can do all they can in their endeavors of porting but it not I understand
I agree with ya man 100%. I hope all who beta test halo ce for pc makes this a thing. I know that can’t do everything but I hope it is something they look into doing. To be fair 343 has a lot on its plate. From Halo Infinite and making sure that is correct to bring halo to pc they have a lot to do. I mean there’s still 5 whole games they have to port and beta test for pc and they gotta nail halo 6 due to 5 being really bad and halo 4 being iffy. I hope they can do all they can in their endeavors of porting but it not I understand
One day man like 343 say "Its ready when its ready" :D Hear that 343? I made a funny one :D
Raijin7866 wrote:

Assuming you know what the problem is; does anyone know if 343 will fix the botched port of the 2003 Halo: PC when the time comes to re-release it on Steam?
I am now enraged with frustration. I feel stupid that this didn't click in my brain until watching the video, especially the for one I spent the most total hours on of any game I have ever played.

I just realized that Halo CE on PC is now a port of a port of a port of the original.
Raijin7866 wrote:

I am now enraged with frustration. I feel stupid that this didn't click in my brain until watching the video, especially the for one I spent the most total hours on of any game I have ever played.

I just realized that Halo CE on PC is now a port of a port of a port of the original.
A port of a broken port if best. It's not exactly the Origional just Graphically not accurate to the Origional CE from Xbox.
didn’t they semi fix the bugs gearbox brought? i heard bump mapping works at the very least
didn’t they semi fix the bugs gearbox brought? i heard bump mapping works at the very least
supposedly in multiplayer it works. this is probably because we are forced to use old graphics there.
Halo for PC was always buggy. That's why I figured 343 was just porting the Xbox version and scrapping everything Gearbox made.
Halo for PC was always buggy. That's why I figured 343 was just porting the Xbox version and scrapping everything Gearbox made.
again, halo ce on the 360/one has the same bugs as gearbox’s halo. a youtube video can easily help
So let me get this straight, for Halo Reach, it was the botched audio.
Now for Halo CE, the graphics are downgraded because they're porting the Gear Box port?
I'm going to be honest guys, this is the first game I've purchased from 343 and I totally regret it. It's fairly evident that none of this is going to get fixed. You can throw "we're working on it" around as much as you want, we're now nearing 3 months after the initial release of Reach and we're STILL waiting for that audio fix. I can't imagine the problems with Halo CE will be much better.
So let me get this straight, for Halo Reach, it was the botched audio.
Now for Halo CE, the graphics are downgraded because they're porting the Gear Box port?
I'm going to be honest guys, this is the first game I've purchased from 343 and I totally regret it. It's fairly evident that none of this is going to get fixed. You can throw "we're working on it" around as much as you want, we're now nearing 3 months after the initial release of Reach and we're STILL waiting for that audio fix. I can't imagine the problems with Halo CE will be much better.
We're essentially getting a port of a port of a port. Most, if not all, of the issues started in that first port over 15 years ago. Still it would be nice to see some work-in-progress shots.
They won't.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2