Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Will MCC for PC allow you to get the CQB Helmet

OP TacoMan2100

Hi does anyone know if the CQB helmet will still have to be unlocked with halo waypoint or will they introduce another way of unlocking.
I haven't heard anything about it but I'm assuming all armor pieces from Halo Reach will be available to all on MCC. There are some discussions as to how these armors will be unlocked but that's all still up for debate.
In the AMA, they said they change Reach progression of armor and that they said they were looking into Halo CEA and Halo 2 Anniversary terminals.
So I would assume they would do something for other Waypoint locked armors for Halo 3 and Halo 4
I wonder how they'll handle the legendary blue flame helmet from Halo Reach then. I got it as a pre-order bonus back when it released on Xbox 360, but they said you won't have to pay for any armor unlocks in the MCC.
Hi does anyone know if the CQB helmet will still have to be unlocked with halo waypoint or will they introduce another way of unlocking.
Halo 3's CQB or Reach's?
Halo 3's is unlocked automatically in MCC on Xbox, and I believe they're trying to implement the original customization system into it for PC players, I believe this was stated in the AMA.
Halo Reach's CQB was unlocked by playing in the Legendary campaign (I think?), if it's not, then we don't really have much to go on.
yeah it would suck if you still had to unlock it using halo waypoint on xbox 360 as I don't have one. :(
Why would it ever be missing in the first place?
I hope so because it is one of the cooler helmets.
TEMPO13X wrote:
I wonder how they'll handle the legendary blue flame helmet from Halo Reach then. I got it as a pre-order bonus back when it released on Xbox 360, but they said you won't have to pay for any armor unlocks in the MCC.
I think you’re confused. If you pre ordered the legendary edition you got the regular flaming helmet, you got the blue one from going on bungie.net and claiming it in like 2011.

both had to be downloaded and are therefore bound to your Microsoft account so there should be a way for 343 to give it to whoever actually owns them on pc since you have to login with your Xbox account, Unless of course they make it unlockable for everyone which personally I would be against
Halo 3's CQB or Reach's?
Halo 3's is unlocked automatically in MCC on Xbox, and I believe they're trying to implement the original customization system into it for PC players, I believe this was stated in the AMA.
Halo Reach's CQB was unlocked by playing in the Legendary campaign (I think?), if it's not, then we don't really have much to go on.
It was unlocked by getting the halo waypoint achievement for beating it on heroic not simply beating the game on heroic thus the concern. Was am ugly helmet anyway
xD Zoe wrote:
TEMPO13X wrote:
I think you’re confused. If you pre ordered the legendary edition you got the regular flaming helmet, you got the blue one from going on bungie.net and claiming it in like 2011.

both had to be downloaded and are therefore bound to your Microsoft account so there should be a way for 343 to give it to whoever actually owns them on pc since you have to login with your Xbox account, Unless of course they make it unlockable for everyone which personally I would be against
343 Have already confirmed that campaign progress and file share will carry over, but unlockables and multiplayer rank will not. I'm unsure how that will tie into the flaming helmets.
I think they said they are implementing a new way of unlocking
They said adding more depth to progression. I'm hoping that at most that means tying some armor to commendations or more armor too achievements but nothing more. I have seen 343s ideas of progression and they should not be touching one that was as great as reach
TEMPO13X wrote:
I talked about this in another post but was saying it would be cool if they locked pre-order items and blue flames behind achievements. Maybe red flames for completing a LASO playlist, blue flames for completing all LASO playlists, the Recon variant could be locked behind completing a stealth challenge in the sniper mission etc. I doubt they would lock anything behind difficult achievements that have a low % completion but it would be nice to give players a challenge and a nice reward for completing said challenge like the good old VidMaster days.

xD Zoe wrote:
TEMPO13X wrote:

On the MCC Halo Reach nothing from the original Reach carries over so it's unlikely the flames will be unlocked automatically and will probably be locked behind either whatever the new progression system is or hopefully difficult achievements.

They said adding more depth to progression. I'm hoping that at most that means tying some armor to commendations or more armor too achievements but nothing more. I have seen 343s ideas of progression and they should not be touching one that was as great as reach
Hopefully not anything like H5's progression, cough 50 million xp cough, I would be perfectly fine with the original progression just with no daily credit cap.
TEMPO13X wrote:
-snip-
Hopefully not anything like H5's progression, cough 50 million xp cough, I would be perfectly fine with the original progression just with no daily credit cap.
I mean by the end of reach the dail cap was so high you were not going to hit it w/o boosting unless you had been playing near perfict for 14hrs
TEMPO13X wrote:
-snip-
I mean by the end of reach the dail cap was so high you were not going to hit it w/o boosting unless you had been playing near perfict for 14hrs
I wouldn't say it was so high you wouldn't make it without boosting, yeah it was high (20 million credits in total, nothing like the 50m in H5) but it was bearable, challenges/coms helped a lot, and the reward for maxing was also worth the effort. On my original account I made it to eclipse without boosting and on this account I'm general 4 and rarely play. Daily credit cap was also a problem with the level system which I hope they remove for the new progression system. Not saying armor shouldn't be tied to achievements or commendations like you said before I agree with that but if we are talking about whatever the new progression system is I'm hoping for a mostly similar experience to Reach.
Probably they'll just find a way to do it since it is a popular helmet.