I have a bunch as I'm sure many of you do. My top 10 memories in no particular order are:
1) Frist time playing Halo CE. Halo got me back into playing video games after a year or so hiatus. As crazy as it sounds, I think I was "depressed" for lack of a better word, Sega was no longer making consoles. I was a HUGE Sega kid. Started with Sega Master System but have been playing since Atari 2600 and Cleco vision. Welcome to the next level... SEGA!!! ;)
2) LAN/Halo parties with my friends across H1-4. When I discovered LAN, I fell in love. I went crazy with LAN. I bought the Xbox link up cable... then expanded to a router, then a 12 port switch... Then made sure every one of my friends had there own tv. My house was a crazy place of wires and big tube TVs lol I had many halo nights where there was 6-12 of us. So much fun, unforgettable memories! I hope LAN comes back for Halo 6. We don't play as much as we used to, but we still found maybe 1 day a month to get together and play.
3) Delta Halo on Halo 2. Enough said.
4) Going to the midnight launch for Halo 3. I bought the Halo 3 system and the legendary edition lol there were over a hundred people in line where I was and word got out around town that it was pretty much the same at every video games store in town. People playing Halo music from their cars, people ordering pizza to where they were standing in line lol Everyone talking Halo, and getting free stuff like Halo magnets and posters. So amazing!!
5) Playing Thousands of Ranked 2-2 Doubles Matches with one if my best friends in Halo 3. We E
Ended at a 46 which I am around of :)
6) Finishing the Fight in Halo 3. I love, love, love the ending. Everything about it. The emotions I felt at the end seeing the "117" on the piece of metal scratch in and the Arbiter ( possibly my favorite character ) standing there saying "were it so easy" .... then the camera panning off to the Horizon.... My god, I wish I could live in that moment how I felt. Such emotions.
6) This Halo 3 commercial https://youtu.be/9z36WDj2PcU
Absolutely love it!
7) Playing 4-player Co-op firefight with 3 of my friends in his basement trying to get that achievement. We we're all dead, it was just me.... I had no ammo left and all I had to do was kill one more Brute (a chieftain) . I avoided him for what seemed like an eternity trying to find ammo on the field.... I died. We couldn't believe it. We just spent 4+ hours doing it. We all sat there for a few mins just staring at the screen in disbelief that we were SO CLOSE. Even no it sucked that we didn't get it it was still a great time. To this day it's the only Halo achievement I'm missing from halo 1-4, ODST, REACH. Everytime I see it I just remember that day with my friends. We still talk about it lol
8) The First level in Reach. I loved the whole my Spartan being "in the game"
9) Being really excited to play Halo 4 with my friends.T he Chief was BACK!!! Again, we stood in line for it, huge buzz around the game, bought the H4 system and everything. I got home my friends convinced me to come on even though I was working in the morning. We all popped on at 1am, instantly going to you 4-4. Needless to say I was a zombie next day at work lol Great night! Though we ended up not liking H4 very much over all, we still have some great memories playing it.
10) Halo 1-3, ODST and reach Music!!!! My god the amount of times I listen to those soundtracks. Some of those songs are just engraved in my head till I died. I like Halo 4 and 5 soundtrack but it's really hard to beat Marty o Donnell Halo music. SO GOOD!
And 11) I know I said 10 lol Meeting lots of new people in Halo 5. Most of my "real life" friends as I call them lol stopped playing Halo 5 for various reasons or was not interested in it. It was discouraging at first but now I play with lots of new nice people. I've had a lot of great late night 4-4 Halo 5 gaming sessions with them.
Ok one more ... LoL
12 ) It's maybe not a memory per say , well I guess it sorta is... and as sappy as this sounds, but it's you guys/girls, The Halo community on here and even before on bungie.net :) I didn't post lots in the past and was kind of intimidated at first too due to the fact I'm not very good at spelling or grammar. One of my first posts this guy criticized my spelling and grammar quite a bit, he really ripped me apart. I felt pretty discouraged and kind of hurt. But then another person posted, and for the life of me I don't remember who it was and I wish I did :( .... responded to him and stuck up for me. I PM him saying thank you for doing that and he said no problem, don't let one moron scare you from posting things on here. For the most part, most people are pretty nice and helpful. I said thanks and I won't. I've never forgotten that. If I ever see someone bashing on someone like that, like that guy did me, I stick up for them now :)
Now on Halo Waypoint I tried to be very active on the forums. I really enjoy posting things, interacting with my fellow community members and just getting to know people in general. My spelling and grammar have also improved, with the help of spell check too lol We might not all get along or agree on things Halo wise, but we all love Halo in some form or fashion, let's not forget that :)
Thanks for reading my long post lol :)