Forums / Community / General Discussion

15 Years of Halo - Share your fondest memory!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. ...
  8. 12
Halo is amazing, my first halo was reach, I was getting 23 kills average a game at the age of 9, I then played the other halos, all of them were so awesome, my uncles been playing since the first halo. Now halo is working with loot crate making the amazing halo legendary crate which is amazing I'm wearing the new shirt right now, thank you 343 studios and Microsoft and past developers of Halo for making the best games of history. "Spartans never die, their just... missing in action." Best quote ever!!

Love, LMAO iTs DEATH
ODST splitscreen Firefight with my brother. Mainly stands out to me because it was then that I learned that I should always drive when it comes to working with him.
For me, nothing will top the countless hours my friends and I spent in custom games on Halo 3 after school.
Reading Halo: First Strike years back is probably my fondest memory. It was such a great book and sealed the deal of my fandom.
Launching into my first Halo Reach firefight match with my friends, and the thrill of setting the deaths to one each and surviving. Just the collaboration and fun could never be replaced.
Meeting the flood for the first time. Metropolis . Flying the banshee for the first time . On A Pale Horse. Peril. One Final Effort . When the scarab comes over the buildings in H3. Back when I was good at H3 and schooling a bunch of generals in lone wolves . The Halo Reach announcement trailer .
Playing Halo 3 splitscreen with my friend
No specific memory to speak of, just a mashup of several LAN party moments.

When I think about Halo, I'm always taken back to my high school days when Halo CE was brand new. Halo CE was released at the start of my freshman year of high school and we would frequently meet up at my friend Alex's house for LAN parties. This meant dragging along my 27" CRT tv since this was before the days of flat-screens. And then, there was always the mad scramble to find long enough ethernet cables to connect to the router.

Once things were situated, we would engage in hour+ long CTF matches. Our house rules prohibited things like blocking the teleporters on Blood Gulch or throwing the flag through the bars on Sidewinder. Getting caught doing these things by the other team was a mortal sin(but of course people occasionally tried). After each match, our system for balancing the teams was for the losing team to declare a player trade. With the way Halo profiles were created and managed on the original Xbox, it was easy for players to jump back and forth between different consoles as there were no gamertags to manage or worry about.

Our food of choice was always Dominos Pizza. We ordered pepperoni pizza and buffalo chicken Kickers. For those who don't remember what Dominos chicken Kickers were, they were basically just boneless wings with a fancy name. They were delicious though.

We never stopped having Halo CE LAN parties, but the form has changed. Now, when we get together, we all drag our Xbox Ones with us and use MCC to play our CTF matches. There are extra hurdles to jump now with the Xbox Live dependency and the gamertag management. Dominos no longer sells chicken Kickers where I live, but we can still order pizza and boneless wings. But despite the changes we've had to endure, it's worth it to keep the battle for those damned flags raging.
My fondest memory has to be from Halo 3. I spent a huge amount of time playing that game- campaign, matchmaking, custom games, or forge. It was the first game where I was determined to reach the highest skill level in... getting that 50 in Team Slayer, Team Doubles, and Team Snipers was such a satisfactory experience. However, this pales in comparison to the people I have met on Halo 3. Because of that game, I met some of my closest friends to date (shoutout to RossotronRossv2), showing me that not everyone on the Internet is a creepy old man.

Thank you for all the fun times and new friends you gave me, Halo. Thank you so much.
I don't have a definitive fondest moment, as there are just too many. Does my whole Halo 3 experience count?
The first time I played Halo
Honestly, I still remember the first video game I EVER picked up, even before I knew who Mario or Pac-Man even were, and that was Halo: Combat Evolved. I still remember as a child, I'd be terrified of Covenant spirits dropping off their troops, and on that very iconic mission, I'd hide in my crashed escape pod, and wait till they found me before my pants were soiled! I love Halo, Thank you 343... you truly lived up to my expectations with the latest games. - A fellow Halo fan
My favourite Halo moment in history, would be The Fall of Reach (Halo Reach). As I had just gotten an Xbox 360 around the time Reach came out, the story itself brought me even closer to understanding Chief and those who saved his life but he never got to meet (as he was in cryo sleep during this event). Being able to see a team as well put together as Noble Team was, even with a new member, they relied on him rather well. Kinda made me feel as if I was playing as an open minded version of Master Chief. But then there was the Halo 3 story which we didn't know what was going on with Cortana (until Halo 4 when we learned she went rampant on us) but, without a doubt, I'm sure there's still some of us here who hope that Cortana can be cleansed of her rampancy without being "killed" in a sense.
When in halo 3 while playing the map Valhalla one of my friends jumps a warthog off a rock to take a wraith shot saveing his teammate and allowing his teammate enough time to destroy the wraith. My friend did not survive.
Completing the gravemind mission on legendary solo
My most cherished HALO memory is all the great times I've played it, especially HALO 1 those were the days that game had many hours of enjoyment and frustration but it was a great game and all the other halos are great accept halo wars in my opinion and I've finished every game accept halo wars and i have every game accept spartan strike and spartan assault.
ske7ch wrote:
On November 15th the Halo franchise will celebrate its fifteenth anniversary! To help commemorate this momentous occasion we're putting out a call for fans to share their favorite memory from a decade and a half of Halo. Tell us about your fondest Halo memory below and it may end up being featured in our anniversary celebration in November. Thanks!
This is absolutely my fondest memory: Halo Reach: Waypoint Community Race NightI loved these community race nights, and other community playdates. I remember playing a couple of games with bs angel and other 343i employees, and even though I played terribly and was unable to really talk to them. It was great being able to be in the same lobby with those who were part of the making of Halo. I really hope the playdates can return.
I've got two memories battling it out for that sweet gold medal.

The first was my introduction to the series. Back in September of 2004, I was in 7th grade. I had been having a pretty rough week, so my oldest sister asked if I wanted to go with her to a friend's apartment to play some game called Halo. I had no clue what the game was (honestly expected something related to angels fighting demons with a name like Halo) but said yes anyway.

Fast forward 15 minutes and we're in an apartment with a few TVs and Xboxes set up. I was in awe of everything and just watched for a bit, then decided to finally join in on a CTF match on Blood Gulch. I believe I went 0-20something. But it was still incredibly fun and a great introduction to the series. To this day that's unfortunately been my only LAN experience with the game.

On to the second. In June of 2008, my dad had just upgraded our internet so I hopped into Halo 3's big team battle playlist to test out the glory of high speed cable. I ended up in a game of slayer on Standoff, and was put with a team of players that were all grouped together. I hopped in a Warthog and got an extermination (yes, in Big Team) which blew mine and everyone else's minds.

As the game ended they asked if I wanted to join them. Now, over 8 years later, we all still play together all the time through various games...though not as often now since we're all adults with jobs and bills and wives and other responsibilities. We all always end up jumping on Halo and playing for hours until we all realize it's 3 in the morning and humans need sleep to function properly.
I have many good memories, especially when I was starting out with Halo:Reach as that turned into playing all the games. But certainly a moment that was awesome for me, was when I had read the first two books of the Kilo-Five trilogy I was eager to get the last one. On my birthday I got a copy of Mortal Dictata and when I had my free time I read that book really quickly and when I got to the end I had tears in my eyes just cause it was so nice to see the ending with Vaz and Naomi, and all the characters who had made up the books were so interesting (RIP 'Telcam), and getting Jul's backstory was awesome as well (RIP buddy). I hope we get to see more of Kilo-Five, and a return of these wonderfully intricate plots.
three words- all.of.it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. ...
  8. 12