Forums / Community / General Discussion

15 Years of Halo - Share your fondest memory!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. ...
  7. 12
Playing Halo 2 Splitscreen with my parents/brother on release day in 04. Then the many years after playing Splitscreen/LAN with my brother and many others until we saved enough for a 360.

All of the midnight launches are great memories too.
It's really hard to nail down one particular moment of greatness in over 10 years of me playing Halo. I can, however, think of some of my favorite times playing Halo across the titles, and years.
*The very first time I played Halo, with a friend, on CE. We went into a custom game and he quickly proceeded to beat on me without mercy lol.
*The first time I ran through Halo 2's amazing campaign. All the amazing moments and all the emotions that were induced by them. I truly fell in love with the series at that point.
*My frustrating yet fun run through Halo 3's Lone Wolves playlist. I was trying to rank up in pvp, and had not had much luck in the other playlists...I spent 3 days playing nothing but FFA to achieve the highest rank possible. I remember dominating in FFA Swords XD
*All the nights of LAN parties with friends, long before I got my own Xbox and was able to play on Live. Those were great times!
*Running through Mythic difficulty solo and with friends...Halo 3 is still my fave!
*Finally unlocking the Shinobi Armor in Halo 5! I have been waiting for so long to have the opportunity to 3D print my Spartan!
halo is awesome thats all I need to say
halo is awesome thats all I need to say
bro you aced that comment
I really liked halo 2 Super bouncing I was in custom games for hours just super bouncing everyday lol
The near costant slpitscreen and lan parties of Halo3 from launch to the launch of CoD 4 MW. Absolutely epic Splasers equipment a bunch of iconic maps a huge range of weapons choppers and the hornet Now that was worth buyig a 360 for hands down the best few months of my gaming life! then doing it all again for a year when odst dropped with new maps and we were burnt out on cod. still go back, shows how well designed it was and still is
Honestly it wasn't in halo but because of halo I met my best friends.
Been playing this game since Reach, and I don't have much in the way of amazing stories. I'd say my favourite memory is a recent one, a play through of Halo 3 on the MCC, Heroic on the Ark. I finally got the ultimate raiding crew for the start of the mission (before the Forward Unto Dawn appears), which was myself in a full Prowler with one Marine with a Fuel Rod, and another full Prowler with a Sniper ODST and a Rocket Marine in the side seats. We destroyed the AA wraiths swiftly and ruthlessly, and the whole time I felt that I were an amazing commander leading my troops to victory. Great memories.
my greatest memory in halo is when me and my brother beat Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Reach, and Halo 4 on legendary
Since I didn't really have an exact memory for the first place pedestal, well I just figured it out, its playing the all the halos with my sister and dad or even friends. But its always fun playing campaign with my sister and even multiplayer. but I think the Halo that we've played the most campaign is gotta be HALO REACH Love that game.
The long nights in middle school having LAN parties on Halo 2 and 3. Some of the best gaming memories I'll ever have. I think I'm still chasing that dragon.
Creating the Fourth of July cannon in forge.
thanks for this games, happy birthday halo on xbox. 🙂
thanks for this games, happy birthday halo on xbox. 🙂
I'm little late for birthday, but still gongratz! I've been playing Halo's from first one and I still have original disc that came with my first xbox. It is one of best, wait, THE best game series that I have played and have stayed really good. Biggest disappointment was not split-screen support on Halo 5. Halo games story, Cortana's and Master Chief's friendship and all Forerunner backstories just are incredible. In almost any other FPS games (excluding games that are based on books or movie series) story is not that good and complex as in Halo games. And music is also good, and I hope it will be in future.

But try to put split-screen to Halo 6, I don't care if resolution drops a little as long as I can play it split screen with good company.
Getting the 4 player coop Vidmaster achievement for Halo 3's final level. Legendary, everyone in Ghosts, Iron Skull on. We were so happy when we got it.
A bunch of friends were over playing goldeneye on the N64, and the discussion turned to this new console they came out with called XBOX. After the game we went to the store to check out the price. I just happened to have enough money on me to buy it. Got back to my place and opened it up, and it came with a game I had never herd of, Halo Combat Evolved. While I was setting it up, my friend was reading the box, and said hey this has split screen up to four players, to bad I had only purchase one extra controller. We played the rest of the night. The next Friday coming home from work, I stopped by the store and purchased another two controllers. When I got home, I found five friends a couple of cases of beer and six pizzas waiting for me. Thirty hours later, with sore stomachs and faces, from the laughter we called it quits. I have not stopped playing halo since.
My fondest memory to date has got to be that moment when you first step out of the escape pod and see the vast ring of Halo arching up over your head, with a roaring waterfall in the distance and the skyward blast of some alien building. Even today, that scene is still visually stunning, but it fills me with a bit of sadness knowing what's happened to the Halo franchise since that day fifteen years ago. In my personal opinion, Halo CE through 3 were the glory days of the franchise. Now it is hard for me to even make myself pick up the controller or even care about the new characters. The thought of this going on for another fifteen years, honestly, fills me with disappointment. All good stories need an end sooner rather than later, and stretching it out, milking it, will do more harm than good in the long run.
Mine has got to be back in H4 I created a clan and man did we dominate in CTF on Ragnarok I mean we had it down! When the game would star my cousin my bro and I would hop in to a Worthog I would drive my bro would gun and my cousin would get in the passenger seat the you one of my friend defend the flag wile you had the best sniper ever sniping I would drive the Worthog behind the enemys base my cousin would've jumped out of the hog and I would go to the mid of the map and by then my cousin would have the flag and went on the grav lift and landed right next to me and hoped in and score the flag during all that the defender would've grabbed the Spartan Laser in the beginig of the game and taken out the enemy's Mantis then he would go in are Mantis and destroy anything that went past that hill!
Halo 3 was my first shooter. It was the game that made me a shooter nut. Halo 5 is my first online shooter that I've played longer than a couple weeks (been playing since launch). I've never experienced something as good as Halo, I just connect with it in a way I can't with any other franchise. All I wanna say is Halo is the best video game franchise ever created and always will be. Keep striving to improve, 343i, I know you can bring greatness.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. ...
  7. 12