Forums / Community / General Discussion

15 Years of Halo - Share your fondest memory!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. ...
  6. 12
So many memories spanning across all the titles. Here are just three:

• With Halo 3, I can't just name one memory, because there are just too many. It was an incredible experience that I'll treasure forever.
  • In Reach, I made lasting friendships with fellas named Mottled and Guns. Couldn't ask for better friends.
  • In ODST, I had an insanely fun runthrough of the campaign with a buddy called Benlontine, and also had memorable Firefight games with Mottled, Guns and another good friend called Shigby.
Custom games in Halo 3 and Reach have given me some of my greatest memories in gaming and it's hard to narrow down just one. I met so many friends and stayed up many late nights just laughing and having a good time with the amazing things the community created.
I made a video in honour of Halo's 15th anniversary, just telling a few tales as to why I love the original and how it brought a bunch of people together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPDAH4nO64M

Cheers
Ah....I remember the very last mission of Halo 4. It was midnight and my friend was playing campaign with me....things were exploding all around us...it was glorious.

I remember my friend always crushing me on slayer those were the times.

And i I remember first seeing the flood on Halo 3 and thinking to myself WHAT ARE THESE?!

Almost to tears about the ending of halo reach

Getting super confused about Halo ODST

Those were the days. :)
It's so hard to pick my favorite moment from the last fifteen years.

I guess it would have to be playing all the games CO-OP with my older brother. Growing up, we were always rough with each other, we'd fight all the time. I was just four when Halo and the original Xbox came out, he was ten. We both saw the ads for Halo:CE, we knew instantly that we wanted it. We begged our grandfather constantly, one day, about a week after launch, he finally took my brother out and got the console with a copy of Halo:CE. I had fallen asleep while waiting for them to get back from the store with it. They had finally gotten back, my brother frantically woke me up, it was time.

We hooked up the Xbox, excitedly put the game in, plugged in the good old Duke controllers, started the splitscreen CO-OP, and the rest of the night was nothing but the sounds of Halo playing through the living room. Just two brothers, enjoying this amazing game. The musical score boomed through the house, excited screaming, plenty of on purpose betrayals, overall just fun. We stayed up all night, just playing this amazing game, it was the crack of dawn when we had finally finished it, goosebumps happened as Chief and Cortana drifted in their Longsword, they were just getting started.

Over the years, Halo with my brother had become a staple, Halo 2 came out, we were in awe, all the new features, weapons, PLAYABLE ELITES, new vehicles, the campaign, which is still my favorite to this very day, we spent hours playing it, and then original Xbox Live, with Halo 2 online multiplayer, it was all amazing. Halo was always a way for us to get along with each other. Halo 3 launched back in 2007, we didn't have a Xbox 360 until 2008, and our game that came with it? Halo 3. We once again, got our controllers, put our game in, and just played all day and night long, the ending was one of the only times I shed a tear for a video game. We got a copy of Halo 3:ODST on launch day, we were ready to drop, feet first into Hell. He didn't enjoy it as much as I did, but we still had fun playing it. Then, Bungie's last entry, Halo:Reach, we got our copy launch week, I wanted to go into Forge immediately, but of course, we needed to play CO-OP first. Just like our other CO-OP sessions, we played through the whole campaign, all day and night long, and had a blast doing it. Halo:Reach marked the last time we played a Halo game CO-OP, we never found time to play Halo 4 together, or Halo 5.

I love this franchise, it's given me so many memories over the years, and helped my brother and I get along. It's hard to believe it's been fifteen years. From all the crazy multiplayer moments, to the amazing campaigns, the amazing musical scores in the Bungie era games, the moments that tug at your heartstrings, I'm a Halo fan for life. This franchise has been with me for fifteen years, it's helped me through so many tough times, I've forged many friendships over it. Here's to Halo! I hope to be with it until the very end.
Halo 2 having me and my 2 brothers all in the same game for the first time on a game.

Youngest is 9 years younger than me so it was one of the simplest, and coolest moments in my gaming life.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. ...
  6. 12