Skip to main content

Forums / Community / General Discussion

15 Years of Halo - Share your fondest memory!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
Mine was when i got my first perfection by splattering people in a ghost on spire.
or when i played custom games on reach with my friends :)
It was invasion on a forge world map. My buddies and I were playing as the elites trying to pull the core. The carrier was getting shot at, so we all banded together to take shots for him. We're making it through an open field toward the cave from hemorrhage, and all of sudden a scorpion rolls by and blasts all of us. We were laughing and shouting into the mic, overall a fun night.
Forge World of Halo Reach <3<3<3
Is just perfect. (pleise make Forge world in Halo 5) ;-)
a lot of chips on the sofa and sometime many fingers bleed !!
Playing split-screen from Halo 3 with my best friend and my brother. Now it's not possible in Halo 5, so sad with all those weapons to use :(
My "fondest" memory to the halo legacy was realizing that master chef had not died and that the game series would be continuing.
Playing halo ce for the first time. I was 4 turning 5 and my older brother had a LAN party at our house in the living room and kitchen. I specifically remember playing ctf sidewinder and having mtn dew code red and cool river pizza. I've been a halo fan ever since and played each halo for countless hours. In my honest opinion no halo could never touch the holy trinity of 1, 2, and 3. But my gosh I still have fun. 15 years of halo and still counting under my belt.
My fondest Halo memory goes back to when I was six and played split screen with my brothers on CE. We got all serious and pretended like we were soldiers in the game. Moving up slowly, giving orders to halt etc etc. Pretty goofy to think back on now, but hey we were kids. And I don't really spend time with my bros like the old days, so its always a great memory to go back to.
My best memory is probably receiving Halo CE and Halo 2 for my 13th birthday back in 2004. I played both campaigns to completion and loved every second of it. Then I hit the multiplayer.

Another good one is doing Halo 3 co-op at a friend's house shortly after launch. We were in high school. I told him how I couldn't afford a 360 at the time but really wanted to play Halo 3 since it was my favorite series. So he invited me over. We played the campaign and multiplayer until the sun came up.
CE in the dorms with my friends...the constant bickering, thrown objects, getting elbowed in the chest because you were about to kill the guy sitting next to you. It's not any one moment in the game or a specific match itself, but the camaraderie that sticks to me.
All the 4-split screen Slayer matches I had with my brother and my best friends in Halo ce
Honestly my favorite memory isn't something that happened in game.

My mom bought me H3 for Xmas one year. Not knowing I didn't need it. I'd never blame her though, she was doing her damn best and I love her for that!

But this was just after H4 was released, obvi. So when my friends kept asking me when I was gonna get H4, I had to keep stalling because I simply couldn't afford it. And I think they caught on to that. So on the night after Christmas I was just sitting in my room playing H3 when they texted me to come outside. So I go outside and they're parked in my driveway. So I knock on the window and they roll it down and say "This is for you. Go get your 360." And they handed me a copy of H4.

I ran back inside and grabbed my stuff and got ready to go. And I told my mom that they got me the latest Halo. But I immediately through her a huge hug because I know she doesn't keep up with the game (she's a remarried mom why the hell would she lol) and I know she was just buying it for me to make me happy. And I'm forever grateful for that. I love my mom so much.

So anyway, I got in my friend's car and we headed to his basement and the three of us played Halo for the next 4 days basically non-stop. Easily one of the greatest memories I have from my life in general. And definitely my greatest Halo memory.
The ending of Halo 3!!!! That ending gave me chills and made me sit through the credits (Before I new the after credits ending). I sat their in awe listening to the credits' music! And then.... "Chief can you here me!" And I just blew up! Halo 3 remains one of the greatest endings in video game history, and that ending solidified Halo 3 as my favorite game of all time!
Oh mine huh.

Can I be really cheesy and say, seeing the community evolve over the years. Without you all, Halo wouldn't be the same. From the epic conversations on several forums, the lore debates with some of the most smartest Halo fans I know, seeing the community help those in need, the general banter with everyone, to meeting my real dad in matchmaking(that last one was a joke) ;)

And while we might have some down times, I always know the community will get back up, cause if I know one thing about it, the community is persistent. Lets go for another 15 years everyone.
It was in halo 4 and had never played halo and juege with some friends and I gained 560 points to 60
Nuzair wrote:
All the 4-split screen Slayer matches I had with my brother and my best friends in Halo ce
I can imagine how many times all of you had the temptation to do screen-cheat XD
Unlocking my Zealot armour in Halo: Reach :')

"The true devotee honors our name with actions, not words."
Halo is 1 year older then me
when i got to play halo reach and learn of events that took place before halo ce.And when mcc was announced cause that was my chance to really get into halo,but I think we now how that turned out.BUT most recent one is when iÍ got my (first onyx) in (ffa) since 2015 in june-july season
Oh man I would easily say that my very fondest memories would be Halo 3's Custom Games. Me and my friends has a hell of a time on it. To this day I still call those day "The Good Ol Days"
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12