Forums / Community / General Discussion

15 Years of Halo - Share your fondest memory!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
El 15 de noviembre la franquicia Halo celebra su decimoquinto aniversario!
Getting brand new halo every time it came out
A 4v4 CE lan where we played for 16 hours straight.
My fondest memory is easily growing up and playing Halo 3 with my older brother and his friends. We'd play Jenga Wall with brute shots and it was amazing fun. We also did random weapons on Last Resort and my friends would always trash talk my brother because I was almost better than him at the game and I was only 7. Those two custom games stick out in my memory of Halo, and the fun that I had playing split-screen with my brother and talking with his friends is the reason why. I also remember my first time trying Halo in Halo 3 ODST, where in my first attempt on Firefight, I got an overkill and I was around 5 or 6. I also remember playing with my Halo Mega Blocks whenever my brother played the real game. Life was great back then.
1) The Covenant closing (Halo 3) when the new Halo ring is slowly rising out of the clouds . Best. Moment. Ever. "How will you light it?"
http://i.imgur.com/k0GMnSq.gifv

2) The Storm closing (Halo 3) when Lord Hood launchs surprise attack against Truth's dreadnought in order to save Earth. "This is the way the world ends."
http://i.imgur.com/ILuqRxg.gifv

3) The moment in Halo 3 when 'One Final Effort' begins playing and two Scarabs suddenly drop from the sky : the Covenant's last stand ! It was truly epic ! "I count two Scarabs! Repeat: two Scarabs!"
Probably playing Reach multiplayer during the summer a few years back and being invited to join random players parties and custom game matches. I made a lot of friends on Xbox live that way but a recent memory is completing my first solo run while I was playing Halo 3 on the 360 about a month ago.
(Halo Reach) Probably when one of my friends whipped out a grid in forge and started flinging people and vehicles around the map. Always gave me a good laugh!
Playing Halo 2 online with my friends
When Church was shot by the tank back in Blood Gulch.
Halo 3, playing an endless amount of custom games and maps with my group of friends into the early hours of the night every day.
The fondest memory of all my years spent within the remarkable franchise we all know and love as Halo would without a single doubt, be the time i had visited Jessica Shea and many other employees at 343 Industries during when SDCC was taking place in 2014. Truthfully, 2014 was some of my greatest memories out of the countless reigning years of Halo for many reasons (of which i could list all day), not only because my most favorite game of all-time received its well deserved 10th Anniversary, but simply because i met so many people that year, my first years of Speedrunning and Esports had just started to begin, and most importantly, because Halo had finally returned with it's biggest ambition ever, and the roots of classic Halo sprung upward more than before with the new. That year as i stated earlier, i had the glorious opportunity in the entire universe to spend time with bs angel and many other fan favorite employees that i look up to as major role models, and to chat and see around a bit of the old studio. Truely, it was a blessing, i was very VERY gracious and fond of this everlasting memory, and it is defintly something i will never forget! My dream became true, and i had a once in a lifetime chance to further spread my creativity, love for the franchise, and represent my passion on a huge scale level.

Thank you 343 and Bungie, for creating and continuing my lifelong obsession just as countless others. Thank you for your guy's dedication, commitment and gift, for without every single one of you guys, gals (and partners), Halo wouldn't even exist and be where it is today! And if it werent for Halo, my life would be a much different path. <3
You want just the one? Combat Evolved, ALL OF IT!
Honestly, it's quite hard to narrow it down to just one. Overall, being a mod here has shaped my life in ways that I had never imagined. In a way, Halo is pretty much the reason my feet found the path I'm on now and I couldn't be more grateful for the experience, the countless opportunities, and the memories I have from the past 5 years - never mind the past 15!

But if we're talking gameplay, this clip might be my favorite thing that's happened to me in a game. My battle buddy and I got put on separate teams for a SWAT Reflection game. We have played SO many games together that we just know how the other thinks/plays so I love watching this clip and seeing how you can basically see us having the same thoughts at the same time. :)

Or this. Because it's amazing.

how do you put videos in your posts
Honestly I'll have to say that the best memory I had was in halo 3. Me and my friend were playing campaign on legenendary and we got a flamethrower and then he put on the song burn baby burn! It was hilarious.
I don't know what to say since i'd have a lot to say and it's around 2:30 AM here.
I know Halo since i was a child. I played the first one, Combat Evolved, and continued until now. I never left Halo, despite all the bad things that happened to it.
My favorite memory was probably when i played Reach. It's surely my favorite game. Your spartan is always the protagonist, and makes him/her really cool in game, as if it's really personal. And the ending made me cry more than once.
Also, the multiplayer was really full of people. I could find the joy on playing and unlocking parts of the armor i wanted, to look like different toward everyone.
I can't forget king of the hill, juggernaut, invasion, race, all those eastereggs, the design chosen, and so on.
I remember Halo Combat Evolved with the mission "The Silent Cartographer". I was really young, so i didn't know where to go, but i really liked to go anywhere in that island.
Halo 2 was also awesome. I loved the music, the scenario, Arbiter, it's armor effect, the story behind Covenants. I loved a lot when i was in New Moombasa.
Really good memories.
Halo 3 ODST was spendid for the music. I love jazz soul. And also, i loved the fact we were a normal human and we had to investigate in this city. I found it different in a good way!
In short, i'm really glad to have played Halo.
I really hope Halo 6 can be something for me, again. I liked Halo 5, and i still play it for Arena playlists, but surely they need to improve their quality in general.
Working at Gamestop during the midnight launch of halo 2! The unexpected "wake up John" halo 4 teaser at e3. Both were just so exciting!! To many amazing moments from the games. I love every single one
Oh this is a tough one, it has to be the first time I played it in the first place, Halo CE Campaign. Also the fun times in Halo Reach and 3 in multiplayer and forge
The first time I played my first and the best selling halo game of all time, Halo 2.
Naoters wrote:
When Church was shot by the tank back in Blood Gulch.
But that was Church's fault.
Last year, I played through the entire campaign of Halo: Reach on Legendary with my best friend, my cousin, and some guy from Arizona I didn't even know. We had the best time staying up all night, and we blasted through the game.
I think my fondest Halo memory was when I got to play Halo 3 online for the first time. I didn't get Xbox Live until 2008, so up until then I was limited to single-player... and though I loved Halo's campaign and lore, I always wanted to join in on the multiplayer scene.

I played over 8,900 games in Halo 3 multiplayer alone, plus a few hundred more in Halo 3: ODST, and I loved every moment of it, whether it was diving into my favorite playlist like Rumble Pit and Social Big Team to kick some butt, or just messing around in the infamous "Fat Kid" Infection gametype in Custom Games, getting ridiculous numbers of multi-kills on my unfortunate, zombified friends.

But it was Halo: Reach that fulfilled many of my hopes and dreams for Halo, with the ability to play as my own Spartan in the campaign, and the incredible amount of flexibility with new customization options added to Firefight (which I really want to see return as it was in ODST & Reach), as well as multiplayer and the mother of all Forge maps that was Forge World. Kudos for finally making Halo: Reach playable on Xbox One!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12