Forums / Community / General Discussion

15 Years of Halo - Share your fondest memory!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 12
My fondest memories of Halo was sitting on my couch with my friends or my brothers and experiencing one of the best story's ever unfold.
When I was a senior in high school (2008-09), I put the Halo CE PC demo onto the school servers, and let all my friends know the folder that I put it in so we could LAN during the classes that we had in computer labs. I didn't have a huge high school graduating class (about 350), so it wasn't long before every time I was in a computer class I was able to start a lobby and have people join it from all over the building. The vice-principal of the school even said that if they found out who put it on the server, they would be suspended - the best part being, that I wrote a story on it for the school paper, and interviewed the principal about it, even though I was the one who put it on there.

Also, the next year when I was a freshman in college, the defining moment of our first semester was a Friday night, in my dorm room which was the biggest in the entire building, right by the stairwell. We had a projector hooked up to a 360, and it was about 7 PM and I was playing CTF on Standoff with three of my friends. A couple of girls came down the stairs and stopped by our room and asked us if we wanted to go downtown with them that night. We quickly responded "Nah, we're good, we're playing Halo."
Welcome to college.
That's flat out hilarious lmao.

College story is funny too cause when I was working in high school, my older coworker who was in college told us how his entire dorm had Halo battles every night and had to barricade their doors cause when they beat each other the losers would come in and try to thrash their rooms lol.

I don't think there is someone out there today who hasn't had some sort of contact with a Halo game in some way.
Xistorian wrote:
When I was a senior in high school (2008-09), I put the Halo CE PC demo onto the school servers, and let all my friends know the folder that I put it in so we could LAN during the classes that we had in computer labs. I didn't have a huge high school graduating class (about 350), so it wasn't long before every time I was in a computer class I was able to start a lobby and have people join it from all over the building. The vice-principal of the school even said that if they found out who put it on the server, they would be suspended - the best part being, that I wrote a story on it for the school paper, and interviewed the principal about it, even though I was the one who put it on there.

Also, the next year when I was a freshman in college, the defining moment of our first semester was a Friday night, in my dorm room which was the biggest in the entire building, right by the stairwell. We had a projector hooked up to a 360, and it was about 7 PM and I was playing CTF on Standoff with three of my friends. A couple of girls came down the stairs and stopped by our room and asked us if we wanted to go downtown with them that night. We quickly responded "Nah, we're good, we're playing Halo."
Welcome to college.
That's flat out hilarious lmao.

College story is funny too cause when I was working in high school, my older coworker who was in college told us how his entire dorm had Halo battles every night and had to barricade their doors cause when they beat each other the losers would come in and try to thrash their rooms lol.

I don't think there is someone out there today who hasn't had some sort of contact with a Halo game in some way.
There's nothing quite like playing against your floormates in college, and just flat out raging when something goes wrong. Oh, the screams lol.
Halo CE, Two betrayals, that moment when you walked your through the hallway after fighting the covenant... And then the flood appeared with the "Covenant dance" song... Damn
I think that it was all the glitches
sorry I forgot to say the story too and the easter eggs
Spoiler:
Show
my memory is that I met my girlfriend in halo reach and she started playing MLG <3
Halo 3 ODST legendary play through with just a plasma pistol and pistol.

I was at a point where I had to sneak past 2 hunters, and a group of enemies, I then had 2 more patrol groups come in, I ended up killing one hunter and had no ammo left so I just ran away, as I'm running I see the hunters shots whizzing past me and as I'm one shot I get past a door and it shuts as soon as I enter past it.
Where to begin on my Halo memories? So many good ones, but I will share only the best memories of all the Halo's I remember :)
  • Halo CE: Aaahhh yes, the Halo that started it all, both on PC/Xbox. But my best memory didn't come from console, oh no. Best memories of it came from my Freshman year of High school in the computer lab with "Halo CE Portable" aka USB drive entertainment. I remember so well that everytime Halo Ce got booted up on those computer, host would set it up, make it FFA game type, and map was blood gulch, and within a short time, it would go from a normal FFA on Blood Gulch to Blood "Battle of the Snipes" Gulch. Everybody would be fighting over the sniepr rifles on the 2 bunker like buildings on the map when they would spawn, and the victor gets his/her sniper. But there was always that one person on the Godmode warthogs, but nothing a sticky/rocket launcher couldn't fix.
  • Halo 2/3: Not too many memories of these 2, except trying to get the Marines to say funny quotes from the IWHBYD skull
  • Halo Reach: Not too many here surprisingly either :(
  • Halo 4: Ah yes, the most hated(somehow) Halo of the series, but yet, me personally, I enjoyed it. Best memory on this one was playing on Exiled(I think, it's the one with hanging warthog frames from nearby cliffs, can't remember it's name). 2 separate memories on this one. #1: This was the map/ first Halo that I got my first and only one to date "Inconceivable" medal on(and I was pretty proud of myself) on CTF. And one time I was playing Dominion on that exact same map, it was like a mini "BoomCo" factory at the B point. Frag grenade was super realistic.
  • Halo 5: Only one takes for my Halo 5 expierience: Take flight fellow Scorpion
Realistically, the amount of good memories this franchise has given me would be far too many to list. It is hard to believe that halo is almost 15, and I look forward to seeing where the future will go. The storyline for halo wars 2 is looking interesting and the Banished could prove to be an interesting antagonist. Thinking back, I remember my first time playing this interesting title by the name of halo. Back then I had no idea what the series was or how much I would come to love it. The story was like no other game I had played, with its unique storytelling and interesting characters. Halo would be the first true multiplayer game I ever played, and at the time it blew my mind that I could quickly find matches of other people to play against, and despite my general lack of skill at the time, I loved every second of it. Halo has since then become my all time favorite science fiction franchise due to its deep, unique, and interesting story, along with the gameplay and the multiplayer in general. While I cannot list them all here, do know that Halo has been responsible for countless moments of hilarity, awe, and general excitement over the years, and I look forward to more in the future!
My fondest memory of Halo, lets see... I would say the entirety of Halo 2 since I played that game over and over and over. At last when I played Halo 3, I loved it even more. I will always have more memories of Halo 2 though due to the shear awesomeness that it was! Battling Hunters was intense, (not saying battling them in other games wasn't) fighting off groups of Brutes and Grunts was awesome! Fighting the friggin Flood, not matter how hard it was for me on Legendary. I will never forget the sense of autonomy that I felt when I beat Halo 2 for the first time on Legendary and hearing that music kick in when it was the battle between some Hunters, Elites and Brutes. I will never forget that part due to the fact Bungie played a really good Breaking Benjamin song, "Blow Me Away". Overall, Halo 2 holds my fondest memories for the franchise as a whole.
My fondest memories of Halo was sitting on my couch with my friends or my brothers and experiencing one of the best story's ever unfold.
For sure, experiencing the story of Halo with my brother was amazing!
ske7ch wrote:
On November 15th the Halo franchise will celebrate its fifteenth anniversary! To help commemorate this momentous occasion we're putting out a call for fans to share their favorite memory from a decade and a half of Halo. Tell us about your fondest Halo memory below and it may end up being featured in our anniversary celebration in November. Thanks!
My favorite Halo moment? Getting to the max in Halo: Reach, too bad that was erased... my new fondest moment will be getting back to it when ever that happens, 3 years and I am almost there! That credit ban certainly isn't helping though.
Xistorian wrote:
SGP SGP wrote:
Although I have a lot of very fond memories of halo reach and its beta, I think my fondest of all would be the very first time I played halo at a friend's house and we played halo 1 and 2 campaign from beginning to end just a week before the release of Halo 3... it was epic. I honestly had never seen anything like it. Back then, the Xbox was really just unknown to me, I was used to only Nintendo and PS games and this experience made me get an Xbox 360, halos 1 and 2 of my own and Halo 3 when it came out. And ever since I haven't missed a single launch.
Dude that sounds just like my story with my friend, lol. Halo converted so many people into gamers, it's crazy.
Well, we gotta admit Halo really revolutionized gaming to such an extent it became a Gamer Recruiting Tool. (I bet Microsoft is specially thankful for that...)

I even managed to influence other people to start gaming more by playing Halo together. It was just such a phenomenon... No matter who people where, they would almost always know of Halo and you could use it as a topic to start meeting new people and so on.
I rember playing CE at the age of 8 back in 2003 and being scared -Yoink- from the flood as well as felling terrible for noble 6 watching helplessly as alp of his friends died before him.
The day my friend finally found a copy of HCE.
It was the very first time two friends and I played Hang 'em High.
They kept charging towards each other in the lower center of the map while I found the active camo, overshield, and rocket launcher.
The funniest part was that I was basically sniping both of them with rockets and they couldn't figure out were I was as I simply circled around the edges of the map.
Obviously I completely crushed them which was the rarest of rare occurrences.
Sp00kyM0nk wrote:
I have been a fan since Halo CE came out.
Forward to X-Mas 2009, my grandmother bought my son a Megablok Halo Warthog, not knowing I was a fan. This sparked my kid's interest in Halo. When I finally got a Xbox 360, we played Halo Reach together for days! Best coop buddy ever!
Dope story haha
Halo 3 ODST legendary play through with just a plasma pistol and pistol.

I was at a point where I had to sneak past 2 hunters, and a group of enemies, I then had 2 more patrol groups come in, I ended up killing one hunter and had no ammo left so I just ran away, as I'm running I see the hunters shots whizzing past me and as I'm one shot I get past a door and it shuts as soon as I enter past it.
I miss ODST so much
Getting 79 out 79 achievements in Halo 3
I didn't have live at the time so in the Halo 3 days me and my siblings would play FFA Slayer for hours and hours, just the three of us. My fondest memory in gaming, period.

edit: also playing a ton of H3 campaign co op with my brother. He'll always be the Arbiter to my Master Chief. The good old days
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 12